Pre-Trip Report: First Solo Trip! Aug 2026

SoloStitchGirl

Earning My Ears
Part 1: Prologue, the 5 W's, Intro and Guest Stars, and Background

Hello everyone! Yes, you read that title right––this trip is not until 2026.

So why on earth am I starting the pre-trip report now?

The main reason is because it's going to take me close to a year to save up for the trip, and I want to keep my motivation up by documenting the process from start to finish. My job is awesome, but it does not pay a whole lot, and I can only put a little bit at a time towards the ✨Trip Fund✨. Once I hit ⭐Budget Goal⭐, then things can really get rolling!

So to that end, most of the posts in this PTR are going to to be "$___ in the ✨Trip Fund✨! $___/$___ raised!" kinds of posts. If that's not appropriate for this board, please let me know and I'll move it to a better location. There will also be 🎒Trip Gear🎒 posts and traditional planning posts, but those will likely become more numerous the closer we get to Day 0.

With all that out of the way, let's do the 5 W's!

Who: Me! By myself! An introvert's dream!
What: My very first solo trip! (hopefully first of many!)
When: Shooting for the week of August 16-22, 2026, depending on various things like work, airfare, etc.
Where: POP Century!
Why: Why the heck not??

INTRODUCTIONS!

My name is T, and I am the proud daughter of a proud Disney family! My very first trip was camping at Fort Wilderness for my 5th birthday, when the Castle was cake and the Hercules soundtrack was everywhere! From then until about age 15, my parents took me and my baby sister K almost every year (sometimes multiple times a year!). Things slowed down as we got older and school got more time consuming, but the love is still strong–– so strong, in fact, that my parents and sister now live in Florida and seem to go for day or weekend trips every handful of months!

Having remained in the state of my birth because Florida weather and I don't generally get along for more than a month at a time, I am quite jealous of this easy access to the Happiest Place on Earth. K recently spent a week at one of the All-Stars with a first-timer friend of hers, and I got bit BAD by the trip bug. But it wasn't until a week ago that I had a brainwave, looked at some prices, did some math (ugh) and realized that I actually could do this!

A stupidly late night and five spreadsheets later, and I've got dates in my Google Calendar and Disney stuff showing up in my Facebook feed!

GUEST STARS!

My Mom, Dad, and sister K will be my sounding board and advisory council as I make this trip happen. Mom is a veteran Trip Planner (I swear she could probably make bank planning Disney trips for people), and in a day or so when I have an afternoon free I'm going to send her my Excel book to get her expert opinion. I've already sent K the initial pages, before I really fully decided this was happening, and when she said "show it to Mom" I knew I had something. Dad is our cheerleader and resident Star Wars fanboy. He's quieter about loving WDW than Mom, K, and I are, but he does love it–– he wouldn't have put up with the 16-hour road trips from our home state if he didn't!

Also sporadically appearing in this PTR might be my boss, Rabbi A, and some of my co-workers. There's my mentor, Facilities VP N (FacVP N) and his eventual replacement B, Education VP A (EdVP A), President D, and others that I'll introduce if and when they show up.

BACKGROUND INFO!

I'm the Temple Administrator for my synagogue, the only other full-time paid staff member besides Rabbi A. As such, I wear quite a lot of hats! I keep things running day to day, help our Controller keep on top of purchases by doing a little bit of bookkeeping, assist the Rabbi and the Temple Leadership in anything they need in regards to their positions, help coordinate and run the Religious School, arrange and coordinate event rentals, introduce the Temple to prospective new members and help them join, and help congregants with their accounts on our website. As a side hustle, I tutor students in their b'nei (b-nay) mitzvah studies, teaching them how to sing their Torah and Haftarah portions. This coming school year, I'm (mostly) able to take off my Religious School Teacher hat after over ten years of teaching 5th Grade Hebrew and Judaics.

Listing it out like that, I actually do a lot. I should ask about a raise.

Most of the Jewish Holidays tend to fall between September and May, and this in addition to the Religious School year which follows our local public school calendar makes that period my peak work season. So that's another reason I'm planning this trip (and doing this PTR) so far out–– scheduling. Rosh Hashanah falls on the second weekend in September in 2026, so the absolute latest I can go is the first week of September. We plan out b'nei mitzvah tutoring at least a year in advance, because it takes about 6 months to learn everything you need to learn. My last scheduled bat mitzvah is May 16, 2026, so I really shouldn't try to schedule anything earlier than that. And there's the fact that it's going to take me at least a year to save up. So by picking my dates now, I can block out the weekends on either side to ensure that I'll be unavailable to tutor for b'nei mitzvahs that fall on those dates, while also having a nice buffer of time in case it takes longer than expected to fill up the ✨Trip Fund✨.

So that's it! Next time, I'll show off what I've planned so far, any commentary Mom may have, annd a first deposit to the ✨Trip Fund✨!

Part 2: The Plan As It Stands

I sent my Excel book to Mom this morning, and this evening chatted on the phone with her about it. She was very impressed! She does think for the amount of money I'm budgeting I could (and should) go somewhere I haven't been before, but honestly, since this is the first trip I'm planning entirely by myself that doesn't involve visiting family or going to a convention for work, I want to play it safe with territory I'm familiar with. If this trip goes well, I'm definitely going to think about going other places! I definitely want to do a cruise at some point, and go back to Rome, London, and Paris, but right now I really want to go to Disney World!

FIRST: THE BUDGET

Here's my budget for this trip:
53749364165_ef5efdca3a_b.jpg

I'm probably going to change to a 4 day ticket, no Park Hopper because I really don't need it, especially if I can re-enter the same park later in the day.

I was originally going to go with one of the All-Stars, probably Movies, but after seeing lots of (mostly, when the weather's good) great reviews for the convenience of the Skyliner to get to Epcot and HS, I settled on Pop Century. I really love the renovations they did to the rooms, and honestly, I'll take spending a little more for the Skyliner if I don't have to deal with the famously terrible bus service to the All-Stars.

Doing the Dining Plan makes sense to me because I don't have to worry about budgeting for food–– I'd have already paid for it! I'm planning on packing a couple of pieces of fruit, a couple of cups of yogurt, and a handful of granola bars for room breakfasts, so that I can use my snack credits for park snacks.

I know I can get the room and the tickets for cheaper if I do just a room reservation and get the tickets through Undercover Tourist or something, but I really want the Dining Plan, and I can only get that if I book everything through Disney, so that package is going to be the bulk of my budget.

Next is going to be airfare to and from. I'm definitely shooting for morning flight in and evening flight out, to maximize trip time, but I'm not going to be able to lock this aspect down for a while, so I gave myself a nice buffer for it. Hopefully whatever issues Southwest has been having will clear up by booking time, since I love their free checked-bag and I take them all the time to visit Mom and Dad and K. But I budgeted a lot in case I have to take something else and get slapped with bag fees.

I'm very sad that Disney's Magical Express is gone, and I'm not thrilled that I'm paying $16 both ways, but that's way cheaper than renting a car or G-d-forbid, taking an Uber or Lyft. I'm already going to have to do that to get to and from my home airport, and it gets 'spensive real fast.

Next is Genie+ for my four guaranteed park days. It's unlikely I'm actually going to need it all four days, but I'm definitely going to need it for Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, and it'll probably make Epcot easier too. I figure I'd better budget for it now, and if I don't end up getting it all four days, the extra money can go to other things, like Individual Lightning Lanes and non-DDP snacks/drinks.

I do have a budget for Individual Lightning Lanes, but I'm anticipating a lot of single-rider lines, so it's not huge. It's basically there for TRON, Cosmic Rewind, and Rise of the Resistance, which are all must dos.

Incidentals in case I forget something, and souvenirs because I'm planning on finding as many Stitch-themed items as I can, and then a MASSIVE price buffer because prices for everything are DEFINITELY going to go up between now and Booking Time. Anything I don't spend goes into either ILLs or Incidentals/Souvenirs, or if there's enough, potentially a dessert party for MK fireworks because it looks fun (and a dedicated viewing spot for fireworks is a great perk!).

As I said in Part 1, it's going to take me the better part of a year to save up enough before I can even start booking things. But half the fun is in the planning!

Speaking of––

SECOND: THE ITINERARY

Given the amount of time between now and Booking Day, and especially now and ADR Day, this section is DEFINITELY going to change. It's already gone through one major change: like a moron, I had planned four rope drops in a row, with a chill day at the resort pool on the last day. It was written at four in the morning last weekend, so I blame the sleep deprivation. I finally came to my senses and changed it up to what follows:

Day 1 (Sunday)
Travel Day

Packed breakfast at the airport before an early flight
Arrive at MCO mid-ish morning
Mears Connect to POP Century, with mobile check-in the week before
Drop bags off with Bell Services, or in the room if it's ready
Lunch at Everything Pop (DDP QS)
Pool Time!
Dinner in Disney Springs, probably at Wine Bar George, City Works, or the Edison (DDP TS)
Early Bedtime!

Day 2 (Monday)
Hollywood Studios Early Opening

Granola bar on the way to the Skyliner
MUST DOS: Rise of the Resistance, Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway, Toy Story Midway Mania
Lunch at Woody's Lunch Box or Docking Bay 7 (DDP QS)
Wanna Dos: Smuggler's Run, Star Tours, Slinky Dog Dash, Tower of Terror
Depending on what time my ADR ends up being, I'm either going to head back to the room for a break, or find a nice shaded bench to listen to a podcast/audiobook
Dinner at 50's Prime Time (DDP TS)
Might try and grab anything I didn't catch during the day after dinner, or head back to POP if there's a good Movie Under the Stars
Bedtime!

Day 3 (Tuesday)
Chill Day

Breakfast by the pool
Pool time!
Lunch from Everything Pop (DDP QS)
Pool time! (or room time if it ends up getting too hot)
Dinner in Disney Springs, likely Raglan Road
Early Bedtime!

Day 4 (Wednesday)
Epcot Early Entry

Granola bar on the way to the Skyliner
MUST DOS: Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, Mission: SPACE
Lunch somewhere, likely either America, England, or Sunshine Seasons (DDP QS)
Wanna Dos: Journey of Water, Soarin, Spaceship Earth, Test Track (if it's open)
Dinner at Teppan Edo in Japan (DDP TS)
Luminous
Bedtime!

Day 5 (Thursday)
Animal Kingdom Early Entry

Granola bar on the way to the bus
MUST DOS: Flight of Passage, Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids
Lunch at Yak & Yeti (DDP QS)
Back to the Resort for pool time!
Dinner at Boma (DDP TS)
Early Bedtime!

Day 6 (Friday)
Magic Kingdom Early Entry

Granola bar on the way to the bus
MUST DOS: TRON: Lightcycle/Run, 7 Dwarves Mine Train, Tiana's Bayou Adventure
Lunch somewhere, likely either Columbia Harbor House or Cosmic Ray's (DDP QS)
Wanna Dos: Haunted Manion, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Astro Orbiter, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Jungle Cruise, PeopleMover
Dinner at Be Our Guest (DDP TSx2)
Happily Ever After (dessert party? likely Sweets & Seats)
Bedtime!

Day 7 (Saturday)
Travel Day :(

Breakfast in room
Pack; drop off luggage with Bell Services, check out
Wander Disney Springs to spend any leftover DDP Snack credits
Lunch at The Polite Pig
Return to Pop to catch Mears Connect
Fly home :(

As I said, this plan is very very likely going to change between now and Booking Day, and definitely between now and ADR Day. I used Undercover Tourist's Crowd Calendar for August 2024 to pick which park I go to on which day, and I'm probably going to have to rearrange things when the calendar for August 2026 comes out. Hopefully getting the ADRs I want won't be too much of a pain––I saw a thread on the Solo Traveler board about making ADRs for 2 and then letting the Cast Members know when you arrive that you're actually 1, so I might try that trick. If nothing else, I really want to do Be Our Guest. I guess we'll see what happens on June 17, 2026!

It's getting late, so I'll wrap this up. Next time, my Pre-Trip Shopping List!

Reactions: DLo
Hey there! Following along. I love all the planning you've done so far in advance! I'm a big planner/organizer myself and I geek out on spreadsheets and lists, lol.

My daughter and I are going August of this year. Sometime in March or April Disney released a room discount "Save up to 30% when you stay 5 nights or longer" type of deal. It's for a date range of early-ish July through sometime in October. I got a pretty good savings on the hotel, so I hope that continues for you in 2026 and you can shave off a little on your total and put it toward more Stitch merch ;). Or if you're interested in meeting Stitch, you could put some of that towards a breakfast at 'Ohana (over at the Poly).

Also, Disney has been doing the Halloween parties as early as August, so if that's something you're interested in, I would add it to your budget. Our August tickets were $119 this year. If Disney continues the trend they've had for the past few years, party dates in August are Tuesdays and Fridays, so that would definitely change up your itinerary if plan to go.

I look forward to hearing more about your trip! :)

Hey there! Following along. I love all the planning you've done so far in advance! I'm a big planner/organizer myself and I geek out on spreadsheets and lists, lol.
Well hello! Thanks for following! Honestly, I learned from the best-- my mom would do almost exactly this in terms of dates/times and such when she was planning our family trips. She said I should get my project management certification when she saw my spreadsheets!

My daughter and I are going August of this year. Sometime in March or April Disney released a room discount "Save up to 30% when you stay 5 nights or longer" type of deal. It's for a date range of early-ish July through sometime in October. I got a pretty good savings on the hotel, so I hope that continues for you in 2026 and you can shave off a little on your total and put it toward more Stitch merch ;). Or if you're interested in meeting Stitch, you could put some of that towards a breakfast at 'Ohana (over at the Poly).
Have a wonderful trip! That's awesome that you got such a discount, any suggestions for email subscriptions I should get to keep on top of stuff like that? I won't say no to shaving some $ off of my package amount! It would definitely go towards Stitch merch. Unfortunately, 'Ohana has declined in quality over the years, so I'll be giving that a miss unless and until it gets back up to snuff.

Also, Disney has been doing the Halloween parties as early as August, so if that's something you're interested in, I would add it to your budget. Our August tickets were $119 this year. If Disney continues the trend they've had for the past few years, party dates in August are Tuesdays and Fridays, so that would definitely change up your itinerary if plan to go.
Now that's a thought-- I've never been to any of the Magic Kingdom parties. Being Jewish, I've never really been interested in the Christmas stuff, as cute as it is. But the Halloween party... I'll have to think about that! I love Halloween, and I love Magic Kingdom at night, so that is definitely something to consider! Thanks for the idea!

Part 3: The Pre-Trip Shopping List!

Before we get into today's update, an announcement: I've made my first deposit to the ✨ Trip Fund✨! We're now $200/$4200!

And now for the first 🎒Trip Gear🎒post for this PTR!

First and foremost, I desperately need a new suitcase. Back when I was twenty and dumb, I got it into my head that I was going to collect every piece of a certain pattern collection from Vera Bradley, and over the years have managed to do so, despite the pattern very quickly being retired after I started (thanks Ebay!). I therefore have three duffel bags and a rolling duffel, and while the biggest of the bags will absolutely hold a weeks' worth of vacation stuff, it's not terribly durable and also a massive pain in not only the butt to haul around, but also in the shoulder and back. I got a large checked-bag spinner suitcase from Target for a trip to London I took with the fam a few years ago, but it's nearly as big as I am and hard to steer, and also the lining ripped last year when I was trying to pack after a month's stay with Mom, Dad, and K. So that thing is very likely going to end up in my apartment's dumpster one of these days.

So, first on my Pre-Trip Shopping List is this:
a dark blue, almost black, Samsonite carry-on spinner suitcase

This is the Outline Pro Carry-on Spinner in Midnight Blue from Samsonite. I'm still planning on checking it, because I'll be packing stuff to prepare room-breakfasts (namely a knife and a cutting board), but hopefully it'll be much easier to roll around than the Giant Blue Monster I took to London, and with the addition of the packing cubes I'll be getting as well, will hopefully hold everything I'll need for this trip and many more to come!

Next on the list is a Facebook find, but the reviews for it are excellent:
a bright blue tote bag with it's smaller folded up form beside it

This is the Foldie 4.0, which I'll be using as a pool/park bag for Animal Kingdom (with the amount of times I'm planning on going on Kali River Rapids, I'm going to need some dry clothes!). It supposedly folds up to the dimensions of an iPad, which means that I'll be able to pop it into my suitcase without worrying about the amount of space it'll take up. It's also waterproof and very nearly indestructible, with a pocket for wet stuff that'll keep everything else in the bag dry. And if I end up with more Stitch merch than I can fit in my suitcase and backpack, it'll do nicely as a personal item to hold extra stuff!

Speaking of park bags, next on the list is something that I've been looking for for ages for my day-to-day life:
53748007087_40e5383e7c_c.jpg

This is the Corkcicle Sling, which holds not only a water bottle, but also any small items one might need while out and about. Corkcicle has a Disney collection as well, including a Stitch sling that I'm trying to decide if I want to pay $70 for, but whichever one I get, it's going to be my go-to park bag for MK, Epcot, and DHS. Being by myself, I don't need a whole lot of stuff, so this will be perfect to hold my ID and debit card, my medication, a charger and cord, a sport towel, and a pair of spare glasses. I'm planning on using the sling in my everyday life as well, which is why I'm waffling between this black one or the Stitch one.

Of course I'll be getting the matching water bottle as well:

53749339910_eedf628473_z.jpg

This is one of the water bottles I'm planning on taking, and I'm honestly really looking forward to it-- I have a couple of similar canteens, but this is the only one that has a built-in straw, which I much prefer over just an open mouth. I'm also a big fan of the color!

To help with packing, I'll be getting these:
53748914616_69658a051d_b.jpg

These are compression packing cubes, and I am a notorious overpacker, so these will be essential. I'm actually planning on getting them with my next paycheck, to use on my summer visit to Mom, Dad, and K, so I'll have a chance to test them out before the Solo Trip. I'd earmarked a set in a lovely blue (of course!) but they sold out and haven't been restocked yet, so purple will do.

Another thing I'm planning on testing on my next visit to the Fam is this:

53747993272_61c3027405_z.jpg

I used to tie my powercords up with hairties, but since I chopped off all of my hair a few years ago, I've since lost all of my remaining ties. This will be much more organized, anyway. I'm hoping it'll fit the powercord for my work laptop, since I'll be needing to work a little bit during both my visit to the Fam in a few weeks, and during the Solo Trip (I'll need to check work email at least once a day, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to avoid having to do that during the Solo Trip).

And speaking of chargers, the ones I have are nearly six or seven years old, and I'll be replacing them with this:

53749100548_78da25e6a6_z.jpg

I love how slim and sleek this is. My current chargers are literal bricks, and while they're not huge, they're pretty thick and heavy, and take forever to charge. If I get two of these, I can fit one in my Corkcicle sling to use while out and about, and keep the other in the room to charge to be ready for the next day. I used to be a nanny, and I needed to keep my phone fully charged during the workday so that my employer was able to stay in contact with me when I had the kids, so I actually get a little anxious if I don't have a charging method close to hand. And with MDE being such a power-drain, this will DEFINITELY come in handy!

Next on the list:

53749326785_dcbc160cef_z.jpg

A nice little thermal bag to pack a few items for room-breakfasts in. I'm planning on bringing a couple of yogurt cups, an apple, a banana, a handful of grapes, and a little bear of honey, as well as a handful of granola bars. This little thermal bag should fit everything that needs to be kept cold, and not take up too much space in the suitcase.

Mom discovered these on our last Disney trip, which took place in July last year, and I consider them absolutely essential to being out and about in Florida:

53747993297_d69eb8562a_z.jpg

Cooling towels! These were AMAZING last year, and I'm definitely getting some for myself, because I live far enough south that summers are awful. I'll only take one into the parks with me, but having multiple is nice in case one or another gets lost or damaged.

And speaking of towels:

53749100483_900de2996c_c.jpg

Given the water rides and the fact that I sweat abominably when I get even slightly overheated, having a towel to dry off with will be essential. Hopefully it'll be small enough that it'll fit in the Corkcicle sling 🤞

And now for something completely different:

53749326830_aac469b8af_z.jpg

An Apple Airtag! Since I'll be traveling alone and checking my suitcase, I want to make sure my stuff gets to where it's supposed to go. Also, I've read a lot of trip reports that mention how fun it is to watch tagged luggage travel while you do, and I want a piece of that action!

And finally:

53773988495_370d18bd86_z.jpg

Isn't this adorable? It's sold by www.athomeimagineering.com, and they have tags for almost every Disney resort you can think of! I saw it on Facebook and HAD to add it to the list!

Well that wraps up this Pre-Trip Shopping List! I'll post as I check things off, and let you know how things do as I test them out.

See you next time!

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo
That's awesome that you got such a discount, any suggestions for email subscriptions I should get to keep on top of stuff like that?
I'm not sure about email subscriptions. I happened to find out from a lovely fellow DIS-er myself! If you are booking through a travel agent, they would know for sure. If you're booking through the disneyworld.disney.go.com website yourself, I would suggest checking it around April/May for any special hotel discount offers (which is when I got my deal for my August trip). I would also suggest following official Disney accounts on social media. They have ads and posts about all kinds of things they are offering.

I'm not sure about email subscriptions. I happened to find out from a lovely fellow DIS-er myself! If you are booking through a travel agent, they would know for sure. If you're booking through the disneyworld.disney.go.com website yourself, I would suggest checking it around April/May for any special hotel discount offers (which is when I got my deal for my August trip). I would also suggest following official Disney accounts on social media. They have ads and posts about all kinds of things they are offering.
Awesome, thanks for the advice! I'll have to put some reminders in my calendar and my planner to make sure that I remember to check at the right time!

Part 3: The Pre-Trip Shopping List!

Before we get into today's update, an announcement: I've made my first deposit to the ✨ Trip Fund✨! We're now $200/$4200!

And now for the first 🎒Trip Gear🎒post for this PTR!

First and foremost, I desperately need a new suitcase. Back when I was twenty and dumb, I got it into my head that I was going to collect every piece of a certain pattern collection from Vera Bradley, and over the years have managed to do so, despite the pattern very quickly being retired after I started (thanks Ebay!). I therefore have three duffel bags and a rolling duffel, and while the biggest of the bags will absolutely hold a weeks' worth of vacation stuff, it's not terribly durable and also a massive pain in not only the butt to haul around, but also in the shoulder and back. I got a large checked-bag spinner suitcase from Target for a trip to London I took with the fam a few years ago, but it's nearly as big as I am and hard to steer, and also the lining ripped last year when I was trying to pack after a month's stay with Mom, Dad, and K. So that thing is very likely going to end up in my apartment's dumpster one of these days.

So, first on my Pre-Trip Shopping List is this:
a dark blue, almost black, Samsonite carry-on spinner suitcase

This is the Outline Pro Carry-on Spinner in Midnight Blue from Samsonite. I'm still planning on checking it, because I'll be packing stuff to prepare room-breakfasts (namely a knife and a cutting board), but hopefully it'll be much easier to roll around than the Giant Blue Monster I took to London, and with the addition of the packing cubes I'll be getting as well, will hopefully hold everything I'll need for this trip and many more to come!

Next on the list is a Facebook find, but the reviews for it are excellent:
a bright blue tote bag with it's smaller folded up form beside it's smaller folded up form beside it

This is the Foldie 4.0, which I'll be using as a pool/park bag for Animal Kingdom (with the amount of times I'm planning on going on Kali River Rapids, I'm going to need some dry clothes!). It supposedly folds up to the dimensions of an iPad, which means that I'll be able to pop it into my suitcase without worrying about the amount of space it'll take up. It's also waterproof and very nearly indestructible, with a pocket for wet stuff that'll keep everything else in the bag dry. And if I end up with more Stitch merch than I can fit in my suitcase and backpack, it'll do nicely as a personal item to hold extra stuff!

Speaking of park bags, next on the list is something that I've been looking for for ages for my day-to-day life:
53748007087_40e5383e7c_c.jpg

This is the Corkcicle Sling, which holds not only a water bottle, but also any small items one might need while out and about. Corkcicle has a Disney collection as well, including a Stitch sling that I'm trying to decide if I want to pay $70 for, but whichever one I get, it's going to be my go-to park bag for MK, Epcot, and DHS. Being by myself, I don't need a whole lot of stuff, so this will be perfect to hold my ID and debit card, my medication, a charger and cord, a sport towel, and a pair of spare glasses. I'm planning on using the sling in my everyday life as well, which is why I'm waffling between this black one or the Stitch one.

Of course I'll be getting the matching water bottle as well:

53749339910_eedf628473_z.jpg

This is one of the water bottles I'm planning on taking, and I'm honestly really looking forward to it-- I have a couple of similar canteens, but this is the only one that has a built-in straw, which I much prefer over just an open mouth. I'm also a big fan of the color!

To help with packing, I'll be getting these:
53748914616_69658a051d_b.jpg

These are compression packing cubes, and I am a notorious overpacker, so these will be essential. I'm actually planning on getting them with my next paycheck, to use on my summer visit to Mom, Dad, and K, so I'll have a chance to test them out before the Solo Trip. I'd earmarked a set in a lovely blue (of course!) but they sold out and haven't been restocked yet, so purple will do.

Another thing I'm planning on testing on my next visit to the Fam is this:

53747993272_61c3027405_z.jpg

I used to tie my powercords up with hairties, but since I chopped off all of my hair a few years ago, I've since lost all of my remaining ties. This will be much more organized, anyway. I'm hoping it'll fit the powercord for my work laptop, since I'll be needing to work a little bit during both my visit to the Fam in a few weeks, and during the Solo Trip (I'll need to check work email at least once a day, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to avoid having to do that during the Solo Trip).

And speaking of chargers, the ones I have are nearly six or seven years old, and I'll be replacing them with this:

53749100548_78da25e6a6_z.jpg

I love how slim and sleek this is. My current chargers are literal bricks, and while they're not huge, they're pretty thick and heavy, and take forever to charge. If I get two of these, I can fit one in my Corkcicle sling to use while out and about, and keep the other in the room to charge to be ready for the next day. I used to be a nanny, and I needed to keep my phone fully charged during the workday so that my employer was able to stay in contact with me when I had the kids, so I actually get a little anxious if I don't have a charging method close to hand. And with MDE being such a power-drain, this will DEFINITELY come in handy!

Next on the list:

53749326785_dcbc160cef_z.jpg

A nice little thermal bag to pack a few items for room-breakfasts in. I'm planning on bringing a couple of yogurt cups, an apple, a banana, a handful of grapes, and a little bear of honey, as well as a handful of granola bars. This little thermal bag should fit everything that needs to be kept cold, and not take up too much space in the suitcase.

Mom discovered these on our last Disney trip, which took place in July last year, and I consider them absolutely essential to being out and about in Florida:

53747993297_d69eb8562a_z.jpg

Cooling towels! These were AMAZING last year, and I'm definitely getting some for myself, because I live far enough south that summers are awful. I'll only take one into the parks with me, but having multiple is nice in case one or another gets lost or damaged.

And speaking of towels:

53749100483_900de2996c_c.jpg

Given the water rides and the fact that I sweat abominably when I get even slightly overheated, having a towel to dry off with will be essential. Hopefully it'll be small enough that it'll fit in the Corkcicle sling 🤞

And now for something completely different:

53749326830_aac469b8af_z.jpg

An Apple Airtag! Since I'll be traveling alone and checking my suitcase, I want to make sure my stuff gets to where it's supposed to go. Also, I've read a lot of trip reports that mention how fun it is to watch tagged luggage travel while you do, and I want a piece of that action!

And finally:

53773988495_370d18bd86_z.jpg

Isn't this adorable? It's sold by www.athomeimagineering.com, and they have tags for almost every Disney resort you can think of! I saw it on Facebook and HAD to add it to the list!

Well that wraps up this Pre-Trip Shopping List! I'll post as I check things off, and let you know how things do as I test them out.

See you next time!
Good luck! I admire all the pre-planning, I am more of a go with the flow, I need some of your organizational skills! As far as the luggage tag, if you have not yet ordered, I highly recommend this seller. I bought a few WL and Poly tags for our trip this September. They arrived quickly and are great quality!

Good luck! I admire all the pre-planning, I am more of a go with the flow, I need some of your organizational skills! As far as the luggage tag, if you have not yet ordered, I highly recommend this seller. I bought a few WL and Poly tags for our trip this September. They arrived quickly and are great quality!
Thank you so much! I've learned the hard way that with my really severe inattentive type ADHD, I have to plan stuff pretty much down to the second and the dollar, or else I get distracted and overspend or miss stuff because I wasn't paying attention.

I'm so glad to have a good review for athomeimagineering.com! I have the tag scheduled for purchase in May 2026... but depending on finances the next month or so, I may bump it up the list to make sure I get it! I just need to make sure I put it somewhere where I'll remember where it is come Day 0... :scratchin

Thank you so much! I've learned the hard way that with my really severe inattentive type ADHD, I have to plan stuff pretty much down to the second and the dollar, or else I get distracted and overspend or miss stuff because I wasn't paying attention.

I'm so glad to have a good review for athomeimagineering.com! I have the tag scheduled for purchase in May 2026... but depending on finances the next month or so, I may bump it up the list to make sure I get it! I just need to make sure I put it somewhere where I'll remember where it is come Day 0... :scratchin
I know what you mean! I have a tote bag in a spare bedroom where I put stuff I buy in advance for my trip, that way I know where everything is! And I've learned to check what is in there before I but something new....

I know what you mean! I have a tote bag in a spare bedroom where I put stuff I buy in advance for my trip, that way I know where everything is! And I've learned to check what is in there before I but something new....
My family had a Disney Box, kept in the basement, where everything we'd take to Disney on various trips lived. One of my summer projects is going to be cleaning out my closet, so maybe I'll be able to find room for my own Disney/Trip Tote!

One of my planning spreadsheets is a Pre-Trip Shopping List, color-coded to indicate whether an item is Wanted, Needed, and Acquired, so knowing that I have something won't be an issue. And if I can get my Disney/Trip Tote set up, knowing where something is won't be an issue either! :banana:

My family had a Disney Box, kept in the basement, where everything we'd take to Disney on various trips lived. One of my summer projects is going to be cleaning out my closet, so maybe I'll be able to find room for my own Disney/Trip Tote!

One of my planning spreadsheets is a Pre-Trip Shopping List, color-coded to indicate whether an item is Wanted, Needed, and Acquired, so knowing that I have something won't be an issue. And if I can get my Disney/Trip Tote set up, knowing where something is won't be an issue either! :banana:
I can only aspire to this! 🤣

Love the report so far! I am also a planner (my siblings make fun of me for it but it has saved them a time or two with things!). I am also planning a 2026 trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter