Pre-Trip Planning: Danielle's 2008 WDW Christmas Adventure

6 MONTHS TO GO!!! 6 MONTHS TO GO!!! :cool1:

(also - the 64th anniversary of D-Day ...)

So - I "get" to listen to the WDW soundtrack CD on my work to work this morning ... :)

Lots happening this weekend ...

Taking DD to a baseball game tonight (assuming she behaves - last time she didn't ... :headache: ) ... followed by fireworks!!

DD has the dress rehearsal for her dance recital tomorrow morning - and she's excited cuz her grandparents (my side ...) are coming (and bringing boxes of her favorite macnchiz - from Wegman's ... :lmao:) ... and then the recital Sunday morning ... :dance3: (and I ordered her flowers - she REALLY wants flowers ... :love: )

Followed by a birthday party that afternoon ...party:

and - of course -:hourglass "ADR Day" on Monday morning!! :woohoo:(and here's hoping for some dancing bananas around 7:15 am Monday ... :rotfl:)

So - all I have to do is remain sane for 72 hours and 16 minutes (give or take a few seconds ... :hyper: )

My DD's dance recital is tonight then we're done for the year. Thanks goodness > one less activity to drive to. Next fall she's decided to take karate instead. :laughing: which will be easier for me since her brother is already going.

Good luck Monday, I'm up early on Tuesday.

I got everything I wanted!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

:dance3:

:cool1: :woohoo:

:jumping1:

(and some more bananas ...) :banana: :banana: :banana:

:lmao:

OK - now I can go eat breakfast ... :yay:

Details to follow ... :rainbow:

Great news. Congrats. No problem with the CRT time? That's the one I'm worrying about getting tomorrow.

OK - so - my "day" starts at 4:30 ... :headache: Not because I was excited (and a bit worried ...) cuz it was "ADR Day" - but because the DD climbs into bed and wants to have a conversation!!

DD: "Daddy - when is Christmas?"

Me: Huh? What is going on? What time is it? Huh? 4:30!! "It's not for a long time, sweetie ... it's still dark, go back to sleep."

DD: "Daddy - is it after Halloween?"

Me: This is a dream, right? Wrong ... "Yes, dear - it's after Halloween. Now - go back to sleep ..."

DD: "Yaaayy!"

Me: Huh?!? What was that all about ...?"

Then - right on schedule at 4:45 - the two dozen or so birds who like to greet the dawn while perched on the trees outside our bedroom window chimed in ... :crazy: Fortunately, we now have the windows shut and the A/C on (it's in the mid+ 90's here in NJ!!) - so it wasn't toooo bad ...

Until 5:00 - when our pup Ranger decided to get in the act and started licking my face!! Obviously - he wanted "Out!!" ... Fortunately, the DW also had to go "out" :rotfl: so she took care of him ...

But I'm awake, anyway ... sort of ... more-or-less ... So I lay in bed making my plans ... :idea: (and worrying - 9 people at CRT?!?!?)

5:57 - time to get a move on ... I was going to take Ranger for a walk - but the DW decided she needed the exercise. So - I took him downstairs to let him out while she got dressed. Nope - he wanted a "walk!" - not just "out" ...

So I sat down at the computer to "top up" my cell phone - and while I'm sitting there trying to figure out what to do - Ranger decides to start hacking up all over the carpet!! (ADR-Day jitters? I don't think so ...)

Now - he's a smart dog (usually ...) - so why didn't he go out out 30 seconds earlier when he had the chance?? Huh?? Why???

So- I start cleaning up the mess - and finding any other little chores I can do around the house until 6:55 am ...

At which point I grab the phone, draft itineray, and Visa card - and lock myself in the upstairs bathroom (in case the DD wakes up ... our WDW trip is supposed to be a surprise!!) -

So there I sit - on the floor (I know what you were thinking!) - stop watch running - trying to figure out at what point I should start punching in the WDW Dining Phone # ...

... and I jumped the gun - too early - and they weren't open yet ...

So I hit redial - and the WDW Dining # didn't pop up - some other # did!!

:scared1:

So I quick punched in the WDW # again ... and then ran through the automated system just punching in the response # as soon as the next step started (I had run through them a few days ago ...) ...

... and got the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song!! :confused3 (and started worrying ...)

So there I sat ... for about 10 minutes ...

And finally, Abigail said "good morning!" ... and asked for my reservation # ...

Which I didn't have!! :eek:

So I ran into the bedroom and got my AAA folder - and gave her the number ... ;)

.. and tell her "Sunday December 7 - Cinderella's Royal Table, 9 people for lunch!" :hyper2:

... and Abigail starts running down the WDW spiel about ADR terms and conditions, travel times to the restauarnts, blah - blah - blah ... and all I'm thinking to myself is "I know - or don't care - about all this stuff!! Just make
the reservation already!!"

And then she says those magic words: "OK - I have a 12:20 pm reservation for nine at Cinderella's Royal Table on December 7. Do you have Visa or Mastercard?" ... and I start doing my happy dance ...

:banana: :banana: :banana:

and decide then and there that Abigail is a goddess ... :worship:

... and I finally breathe ... :lmao:

And then Abigail and I make the rest of my ADRs - while having a nice conversation about AKL and ... I forget - it's a blur ... :rotfl2: [Abigail: "Sounds like you have a plan." Me (thinking to myself): I've only been planning this trip for the last 12 months!! ]

So here's what we got:

Dec 6 - 7:05 pm Chef Mickey's ::MickeyMo

Dec 7 - 12:20 pm CRT ( :banana: :woohoo:)

Dec 7 - 6:55 pm Boma (!!!)

Dec 8 - 1:05 pm Coral Reef ... :fish: ...

Dec 9 - 4:50 pm 1900 Park Fare (followed by MVMCP ... :santa: )

Dec 11 - 8:35 am Akershus

Dec 11 - 6:00 pm Tappan Edo (I'll have to change this to a Candlelight Processional Dinner once the schedule is announced ...)

Dec 12 - 7:00 pm Boma

All the restaurants - all the times - :disrocks:

and I do the "Happy Dance" into our bedroom to tell the DW!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

OK - I promised the DD she could use the computer a little bit ... so that's all for now ...

But for those of you making ADRs in the coming days, 2 hints:

(1) Call about 3 seconds before 7 am ...

(2) Run through the automated process a few days early, write down your responses, and just start punching in the #'s when you call ...

[I need a nap ...:cloud9: ]

Later

Sounds like a fun morning...I'll let you know how mine turns out tomorrow.

Well the luck seemed to hold out. I didn't even have to sit on hold...got everything I wanted. Must be lots of pixie dust around this week. pixiedust:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:thumbsup2

Now we can relax for a few months ... :cool2:

[but I'm still occasionally breaking into uncontrollable fits of :banana: ... :rotfl2: ]

[wonder if it will wear off ...?]

Good morning!!

Just called WDW Dining and made/changed our Candelight Processional Dinner ADR for December 11 at Tappan Edo ... 15 minutes earlier ... :thumbsup2

It's a "Daddy and Danielle Day" - so as soon as the Little Einsteins are over - we're gonna start by cleaning out the inside of my DW's car (you cannot imagine what those two girls have stockpiled in there ... :scared1: ) The DD can wield the vacuum ...

If I can get her to take a nap - without me joining her - ;) I'll be back later today ...

Finally!!

The princess: is asleep (she went down easy - no nap and a long bubble bath ...) and the DW is on her way home - so I have the computer all to myself :woohoo:

So - back to the PTR ...

Dec 12 - The Pentultimate Day (!!) - Animal Kingdom

We'll be up early (no surprise there ...), probably have a quick breakfast at Mara - and then it's off to AK!!

[On a completely unrelated note - while I was checking our AK photos from last year - just found out George Carlin died yesterday ... :sad1: ...

Wonder what his last words were ... ? :thanks: ]

OK ....

One of my goals for the December trip is to find matching t-shirts again:
:)

4AKDaddyDani.JPG

Some of the priority attractions for us to do this trip:

Festival of the Lion King

4AKLionKing.JPG

Kilimijaro Safaris

4AKElephant.JPG

Finding Nemo
:fish:

And just generally suck up the AK "atmosphere" ...

4AKBand.JPG

We spent a lot of time in Camp Minnie-Mickey and Asia last trip - so I think we will focus on Africa and Dino-land in December - and maybe even take the train out to the Conservation Station ...

Now - you've probably noticed that I haven't mentioned Kali River Rapids ... we'll save that for the end of the day (weather permitting ...)

Last May we had Fastpasses for the river when Danielle discovered one of those interactive play fountains that are strategically located around WDW in places designed to attract kids ... Needles to say, "shy" Danielle became the ringleader for 20 minutes of pure joy and good, clean, FUN!! ...

4AKFountain.JPG

4AKFountain2.JPG

So there was no need for Kali River Rapids to cool down ... (and then it started to rain ... so we marched off for a safari ... ) And - no - she could not have gotten any wetter if we had duct-taped her to the front of one of the river rafts ... :rotfl2: (Fortunately, we had a change of clothes for her ... so we stripped her down while waiting in line for the safari :laundy: ... :lmao:... and she proceeded to fall asleep on my shoulder ... :cloud9: )

Lunch will be at the Flame Tree BBQ!!!

... and our final dinner at WDW will be at ... Boma! Boma! Boma! :worship:

One of the things I will be doing is putting together one page "touring plans" for each of our days at WDW - the draft version of Dec 7 at the MK is just about done, so I'll try to post it here in the near future. :surfweb:

I'll leave you here with a family portrait (taken in the queue for "It's Tough to be a Bug" ...

4AKFamily.JPG

(I know - they make me look good ... )

This is "historic" Post #200 ... which I've been "saving" for the past couple of days ... because ...

5 MONTHS TO GO!!! 5 MONTHS TO GO!!!:cool1:

[ ... and I still have a lot of planning to do .... :scared1: ]

If I can get her to take a nap - without me joining her - ;) I'll be back later today ...

HA! I have to lay down with DS to get him to nap. He's 5 and doesn't usually nap anymore, however when he is up super late for a special occasion I usually either preceed or follow it with a nap. I am usually very successful at NOT falling asleep too. However DH is another story, he has more than once fallen asleep only to wake to find DS sitting in the livingroom watching TV.

[On a completely unrelated note - while I was checking our AK photos from last year - just found out George Carlin died yesterday ... :sad1: ...

Wonder what his last words were ... ? :thanks: ]

OK ....

One of my goals for the December trip is to find matching t-shirts again:
:)

DH is a huge fan of George Carlin!
I love matching Tees! You are a rare man to be okay with the matching clothes thing. DH is one of those rare men too.

5 MONTHS TO GO!!! 5 MONTHS TO GO!!!:cool1:

WOO HOO!! So excited for you - (in part because I am going a few weeks before you! )

It's been a "few" days since I've posted anything of any length and consequence ... "Why is that?" you ask (well - probably not ...)

Partly because just about every time I sit down at the computer to write something the DD says - put that in!! Meaning ... :bride: ... which she thinks is a princess, but is actually a "bride" [and at the age of 14 - even though she occasionally acts as if she is going on 13 (I am SOOOO doomed!!) - she is still WAAAAYY too young to be "symbolized" as :bride: ... ] :rotfl:

But mostly, it's because when it comes to things WDW, I've been working on my Magic Kingdom "summary" - hence the title of this posting (boring - but informative ... :laughing: )

So - for those of my faithful and loyal readers who are interested: I have compiled/summarized information on the attractions and other goings-on in the Magic Kingom from three guide books ("Unofficial Guide" :jumping2:, "Complete Guide", and a "Kid's Guide") and the All-Ears web site into a 5 page Word document ... including a table that summarizes all the CS and Snack places to eat (including ratings from :jumping2: and the All-Ears site - where available ...)

And when I mean summarize - I do mean "summarize" (i.e. it's not 5 pages in 4 pt font ...) :3dglasses

It's set up for our Dec trip - but you could easily modify it for your own needs ...

So if you'd like a copy, send me a private e-mail and I'll ship it your way ...

Next up will be Epcot-Future World (but don't hold your breath waiting - unless you're REALLY good at holding your breath - cuz it will be a week or so - at least ... :rolleyes1 ...)

And with that ... we had London Broil for dinner and I REALLY need to floss ... :rotfl2:

Glad to hear about the London Broil. I thought "floss" was some message board term I had never heard of.

I'm with you on the planning books. I have 3, even though I know WDW like the back of my hand and worked there nearly every day for a year. I still like to read them every day. :)

:bride: princess: :cheer2: <----- Those are for your sweet little girl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter