Pre-Trip Planning: Danielle's 2008 WDW Christmas Adventure

OK - I'm feeling much better now ... :upsidedow

So - on to Day 5 ... (December 10).

... which "starts" by sleeping in (hopefully!!) after a big night at the MVMCP ... [which means - if I'm lucky - I'll sleep past 6:30 ... But - no alarm clocks this morning!!]:yay:

The plan is to sleep in (maybe if I say/write it enough I'll actually believe it will happen: "Dreams can come true!!" ... :) ) [Where have we heard that before ...?]

Spend the morning at AKL - swimming (if it's warm enough - for a 5-year old, is it ever too cold?) and partaking of some the myriad activities available at the lodge ... :simba:

And then - at some point in the early afternoon - it's ...

"Horray for Hollywood!!""

2HollyBlvd.JPG

Keeping with the holiday theme, the main priority for our only visit to the "new" DHS is to be blinded by the Osborne Familly Lights (" ... a runner in the night ...").

So - depending on how things go - we may or may not make it to Fantasmic!!

Now - I know what you're thinking: we're already breaking Rule #1 by getting to a park late in the day ... :sad2: ... but then not too see Fantasmic!! Have you gone :crazy: again??? :scared1:

Well - I haven't said we will definitely NOT see Fantasmic! - we'll just play it by ear and see how things go ... (and all you OCD Planners: it's OK, we'll be fine ... don't worry ... Take a deep breath ...)

Some other priorities are to catch the new Playhouse Disney Live show (no matter how good it is, me and the DW are gonna miss Bear in the Big Blue House ... or as I call him, Bear - in the House of Blue(s) ... :cool2: )

2PlayDisney.JPG

and Toy Story Mania (yea - I'm dreamin' here - I know ...) ...

and I'd like to catch the new parade (especially since we never saw the "old" one ... )

And then there's MuppetVision3D (do you think Danielle will keep her 3-D glasses on this time? ... :3dglasses ) and Voyage of the Little Mermaid ...

2Ariel.JPG

(great show!! :thumbsup2 )

The DW wants to take a trip with Aerosmith ... but she'll have to do that all alone ... which means we may split up for a little ...

I'd like to try Star Tours ... and I think the DD may like it, too (any thoughts or hysterical objections to that idea? ...) She has no notion of Star Wars (the DW and I are big science fiction readers - but SW is - what it is ... and that's fine for 13-year old boys ...) - but it sounds like a fun ride ...:darth: ["May the Schwartz be with you!"] :chewy:
:lmao:

I think we'll pass on Indiana Jones and Lights!! ... too noisy, not enough time, and Danielle will be bored and/or freaked out ... :scared:

and that goes for Beauty and the Beast, too ...

2Beauty.JPG

Yep - hard to believe - but the one thing that scared the bejeesus out of Danielle last May was the Beauty and the Beast show ... :sad1:

She was digging it until the (spoilers coming up here ... well, not really ...) fight scene between the Beast and Gaston: she thought it was real!! She went totally nutso - crying, screaming - :eek: but I fnally managed to calm her down by explaining that it was only a story - and she knows how it ends ...

So we'll have dinner at a CS restuarant somewhere in DHS: since we've never eaten at a CS restuarant in DHS (or D-MGM) before - any recommendations?

Obviously - unless we're incredibly lucky - we're not gonna see everything on this list ... and that's why we may "trade" Fantasmic! for some other attractions, depending on our mood, the crowd, etc. (OK all you OCD planners - you can breathe out now ... :rotfl2: )

Finally - there are the street performers ... we'll want to take in some "street theater":

2EdStarlet.JPG

That's Ed (the FIL ...) [he has at least one REALLY good reason to go back to WDW ... :lmao:)

And maybe we'll run into Mulch, Sweat, and Shears again ...

2Mulch.JPG

But we won't want to out toooo late at DHS (don't know if there are EMH yet ...) ... because we'll have to be up bright and early the next day for ...

:earboy2: [next time ...]

Hey guys and gals!!

A rainy Sunday here in NJ ... :confused3

The DD was just looking at some "home videos" on the computer - and I thought I'd pass on the following link to you:

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v4636364eEZX74W

It's short a "pre-trip" video from our trip last May ... and pretty much "starts" on about the same date as today ... :wizard:

I'll be back ... pirate:

Hi Joelp! Just checking out your PTR and everything looks good so far! Love all the pics and your DD is so cute! I have a little 5 year old princess as well. :)

We'll be there at the same time as you (Dec 7-13) celebrating my 30th b-day and staying at POFQ. I think I've pretty much decided on the same park days as you too since I like UG as well. LOL

I look foward to reading more! :)

We've been there - Day 4 ... and we're going back again, cuz:

I bought our MVMCP tix this afternoon!!! :banana: :woohoo: party:

So we're set for Tuesday, Dec 9 at the MK ... :cool1: Now, all me and the DW have to decide is where to have dinner that night:

Crystal Palace? pooh:

Liberty Tree Tavern? :goofy:

or be a bit daring and head over to 1900 Park Fare??

BTW - when I bought the tix, the CM would also take an ADR for dinner that night at the MK TS restaurants, as long as it was after 6:00 pm ... [but, she also said CP was closing at 6:30 ...]

Lots to do tonight, yet ... :laundy:

:banana: :banana: :banana::banana: :dance3:

We're going the same week as you all (Dec 6-14). We went the same week last year and loved it! Warm weather (lucky, we know), stayed at All-Star Movies with no Pop Warner trauma at all.

I'll be starting my pre-trippie soon! Maybe we'll see you around somewhere!

7 MONTHS TO GO!!! 7 MONTHS TO GO!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

And some good news: my Disney store was on the unofficial list to be closed - so I stopped by after work tonight - AND THEY'RE STAYING OPEN!!!

:dance3: :woohoo:

We're heading down to Tampa Thursday for a long weekend with Jed, Mindi, and Nina (pictures are in some of the earlier posts ...) - no WDW, but we may hit Busch Gardens or its water park ... Temps are supposed to be in the low 90's (it's been in the low 60's here in NJ ...) "Prepare to melt!!" :laughing:

Yea - I just couldn't bring myself to drive to Orlando and spend only 1 day at WDW - so we took a pass this trip. Considering how hot it is going to be, it looks like a smart move ... :scared:

However - I'll be making ADRs shortly after we get back - so to give you all something to chew on, here's what we have planned so far:

Daze 1-4 are listed on an April 12 post ... so I won't bore you with repeating myself here ... But any advice on our Day 4-MVMCP dinner would be appreciated ... (also see the May 1 post ...)

Day 5 - no ADRs needed ... all CS meals ...

Day 6: Epcot - Breakfast at Akershus (8:15)
Candlelight Procession Package for Dinner - thinkin' of Tappan Edo at Japan (the DW loves sushi and the DD likes da "hibachi-style" food popcorn:: ... usually :cheer2: ... sometimes :confused: ... well - maybe ...:idea: if she's in the mood ... :rolleyes:

Any thoughts?

Day 7: back to Boma for dinner ("Boma! Boma! Boma!") - 7 pm ADR

And that burns the TS credits (I'm gonna pay for lunch with Cindy on Day 2 ...)

Time to do :laundy: and then :happytv: ...

"See" you next week ...

P.S. 7 MONTHS TO GO!! :woohoo: (Do you think I'll - and the rest of you Decfolks - are gonna make it without losing our minds ...?) :crazy:

Just got back from Tampa - our flight back was delayed 4+ hours cuz of bad weather in Philadelphia ... :headache: ... so we had a 12 hour day of travelling (8:30 to 8:30) ... but Danielle was good most of the day, which has gotta be tough for a 4.5-year old :thumbsup2

Anyway - got home, and our MVMCP tix were waiting for us!! :banana: :dance3: :woohoo: :cool1:

More later (when I'm actually awake ... :rotfl:)

Hi, I am lovin your PTR!
We are going to be leaving WDW the day you arrive.

... I LOVE the Disney Outlet store! :cloud9: ... but they do need to come up with some more shirts and stuff for us "big guy kids" ... we're not all "Grumpy" ...)

HA! That had me :rotfl2: !! I love the Disney Outlet store a little too much too. Last week was DH's B'day and he informed me right then and there that it was ENOUGH WITH THE GRUMPY SHIRTS ALREADY! :lmao:
I end up wearing half of them.

But - I'm not going to tell my DW (it'll be tough to keep this secret!!)... I can't wait to see her expression when we go to catch the ME bus at the airport:

I can't wait to see the expression on her face ... :banana: :hug: :lovestruc
That is so great!! You've got one lucky DW

I just found out they may be filming the annual WDW Christmas Parade December 6-7 ... is that a :banana: or a :scared: ...

Right now, we're planning to be at the MK on Dec 7 ...

Anyone have any experience with this? I know Main Street will be
:crowded::crowded: :crowded::crowded::crowded::crowded:

How about the rest of the MK?

Is this an all day thing - or do they shoot in "real time" and get it over with ...?

Did you find any thing out about this?

I am looking forward to more.

P.S. 7 MONTHS TO GO!! :woohoo: (Do you think I'll - and the rest of you Decfolks - are gonna make it without losing our minds ...?) :crazy:

:rotfl: I don't know how we're gonna make it!! I can't wait!

Loving your PTR!

:hippie:

loving the pics. I can;t wait till we leave for our first trips. This thread and others have got me so excited about going for our first trip

Thanks!!

And I just realized - only 199 days to go!!! :woohoo:

So - that means we have to have our ADRs "finalized" in - 8 days ...

"Huh" - you say - "Don't you mean 18 days?" :confused:

Weeellll (sp?) :rotfl: - maybe ... It has to do with what the CM told me when I made ADRs for our May 2007 trip ... she said the "180 + 10" days meant that if you're staying on-site you could make ADRs 190 days out ... And so I made our May 2007 ADRs about 184 days out ... :rolleyes1

So - I'll give it a shot ... (and you'll be sure to know how it works out ...)

and if any of you who are going earlier want to try it ... :cool2:

And now - back to some "planning" (it's been a while hasn't it ...?)

Day 6 - Thursday December 11 ... Epcot ...

... starts with an early breakfast at Akershus in Norway and a bunch of princess: princess: princess: ...

The DD and grandparents did this last trip and had a great time, so now it's the DW's and my turn ...

3EpcotCindy.JPG

3EpcotMulan.JPG

After that - and depending on how stuffed we are ... it will back to the "left" side of FutureWorld until the WS opens: Mission:Space (GREEN version ... because I don't want to turn green ...), Test Track (Danielle drives a lot with the DW - so this won't bother her a bit ... :rotfl2:), and Universe of Energy ... and if we're lucky, we will be able to keep the DD out of the play fountains ... :)

So - around 11 when the WS opens, it's back to Mexico - and then we start working our way around the lagoon for - basically - "... a three hour tour. A three hour tour!!" [I used to sing that to Danielle when she was a baby ... How many of you know the lyrics that go with the closing credits?? :upsidedow Anyway, now when I start to sing it, the DD says "No!! Don't sing!!" ... music critics ... :headache: ]

Lunch will be at a CS - any suggestions for the "left side" of the lagoon? (and DO NOT - I repeat DO NOT - suggest cocunut cream pie!! :lmao:)

[BTW - I also used to sing "Puff the Magic Dragon" to her - with modified lyrics (the actual lyrics get a bit depressing ..) ... and Thelonius Monk's "'Round Midnight" ... :cool2: (a father can try ...) ...]

[Oh - and Danielle's middle name is ... Lyric ... really ... both the DW and I are also musicians ... so ...]

After lunch we'll stroll around a bit more, then head back through Future World - maybe with a short stop at Innoventions ...

3EpcotInnov.JPG

[How many of you teachers would just KILL to have kids give you that kind of attention!!! :worship: ]

And then back to the AKL for an afternoon break ...

because we'll be heading back to Epcot that evening for the Candlelight Processional ...

to be continued... cuz ... :laundy: ...

I'm loving your trip report! We are going in December too and I really don't think I can wait that long! The more I read and research, the more I just want to go NOW!!:yay:

Good afternoon!!

Have some rare free time here on a Sunday afternoon while the London Broil marinates, and the princess: is out playing with some neighborhood kids - under the watchful eye of pluto: and the DW ...

Speaking of whom - the DW and I had our "anniversary date" last night and saw Cirque du'Soleil's new productioon: "Kooza" - We can HIGHLY recommend it - even for kids (though they won't get some of the jokes, and there is one kinda scary party - which soons morphs into somethin funny and dancy ...) And, if you're lucky - you might get to see the high wire guy slip, fall - and grab the wire at the last second ... :scared1: ... and/or the "Wheel of Death" guy slip, fall - and almost plummet to a splattery end ... and the crowd goes wild!! :jumping1:

BTW - if you ever go to a REAL Italian restaurant, and the waitress offers you a complimentary glass of "homemade red wine made by my father" ... take a pass on it ... Not that the wine didn't taste bad - but my lower GI tract didn't take to it too well ...(but I had recovered by the third half of "Kooza" ... :rolleyes1

So - how does this all fit into WDW?

Well the theme of "Kooza" kinda mirrors (in some kinda alternate-reality, twist-your-neck-out-of-whack way) the WDW experience - but you don't realize it until the very end ... :thumbsup2
:thumbsup2
But - since we dropped the princess: at her cousin's for a sleepover, the DW and I had a chance to go over the WDW plans and ADRs before the 180 + 10 day mark arrives (this Friday - May 30!!)

So I went over the intinerary with her - to which she asked "So - where is my input in this?" (And to which I replied -"Well, you haven't given a s**t about the plans for the last six months, and every time I bring it up you tell me "I don't want to hear about it! It's too far away! You're obsessed with Disney!" - and NOW you're upset cause you haven't had a lot of input?" ... on the inside ... :rotfl: ) :love:

Actually, what I did was explain to her how I went about using :jumping2: to find the best parks for the each of the days (speaking of which - I need to double-check with the little bugger in case he's changed his mind ...), and how the plan was to do some of the things we really liked last trip, but also to do some new stuff - and, BTW - I've planned two (yes - two!!) dinners at Boma and since we'll be staying at AKL, we may even have breakfast there ... And then I got onto the two ADRs I hadn't decided on ...

So - she chose 1900 Park Fare for Tuesday Dec 9 before the MVMCP, and (after I suggested it) - the DW LOVED the idea of hitting Tappan Edo at Epcot for the Candlelight Processional dinner ... and so she is a happy camper ... :flower3:

So the "ADR Plan" is set ... now I just have to wait until the end of the week ... :scared:

Now to pay :jumping2: a quick visit ...

Have at great Memorial Day - and check out a parade!! :rainbow:

25 hours from now I find out what "180 + 10 days" REALLY means when it comes to making ADRs ...

:rolleyes1

I'll be very interested to see what happens...according to some of the folks posting on TGM they already have all their December ressies???

I guess it just depends on which CM you get?

It was a "no go" with the ADRs this morning - with 2 different CMs ... :(

One of them said that some CMs "had been going it wrong" in the past ... :sad2:

Maybe I'll try in a couple of days - Sunday night - like I did last time ... :rolleyes1 ...

Otherwise - 10 days to go for ADRs - June 9 ...

It's a "Daddy and Danielle Day" (and night ... the DW is going to a retirement party after work ... ) - so I just stuffed the kid with her fav macnchiz (with some added fresh cheddar - actually made the box stuff taste pretty decent ...) :thumbsup2 ... and now she's vegging in front of the TV watching "Barbie Nutcraker" ... (and for those of you with little girls - the Barbie "ballet series" of movies are actually (surprisingly ...) pretty good ... the London Philharmonic does the music!!! ::yes:: )

And no - the DD has not been :happytv: all day ... we finished her WDW scrapbook, went to the bank (where she was a :lovestruc ) ... and then ... Home Depot!! (where I have been taking her since like - Day One ... :laughing: ) ... where she picked out some flowers for the garden ... which we then planted ... (and I need a nap!!) :rotfl:

OK - so where was I with the PTR ...??

Day 6 - Thursday Dec 11

I left off with us heading back to Epcot after our afternoon break - for the Candlelight Processional ... (with the Dinner package - so we get "good" seats ...)

... and we decided to give Japan's Tappan Edo a shot (for yet another new WDW dining experience ...)

Unfortunately, the times for the Candelight Processional shows have not been posted (and for that matter - nuthin' has been posted for December yet!! :confused3 so I guess I'll have to make a "tentative ADR" for dinner and then - if needed - change it ... (I called Sunday night to get some info - and maybe, hopefully - make ADRs ... but the CM must have been new - she was practically clueless ... ) :(

Anyone have any opinions on Tappan Edo ... or the new Tokyo Dining?

Thus - the basic plan for Thursday night is to eat, listen to some music, and finish off the "left side" of the WS ...

and maybe run into Mary Poppins!! again ...

3EpcotMaryP.JPG

(a boy can dream ... :duck: ... as the DW ... )

We may skip Illuminations (in favor of other things - we'll play that by ear ... :earsboy: )

Also, it looks like one of the DD's favorite places - Tink's Garden - is only up during the Flower and Garden Festival :sad: ... so we'll have to look for fairies somewhere else ...

Here are some pictures from May 07 ...

3EpcotTink.JPG

3EpcotFairy.JPG

3EpcotPanCook.JPG

Guess that's it for now -- 7 Days until I KNOW I can make ADRs ...

I'm really hoping we can get Cindy's Castle for lunch on Dec 7 :worried: ... there are three "princesses" (and their parents ...) counting on it ...

P.S. (do you remember what that stands for? ...) :rotfl: I picked up the Neal's "Complete Guide to WDW" ... and I like it!! A good complement to :jumping2: and the kid's guide I use ...

Next up: the pentultimate day ... :(

P.S.S. on the way to the bank this morning, Danielle told me they were studying "habitats" in her pre-school!! Habitats - in pre-school!! Looks like she'll be more than ready for the AK and AKL!!! :simba:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter