Pre-booking Future Cruise while on Board?

VLee

DIS Veteran
I've read where you can book while still on board for discount and can book more than one room. I understand you pay deposit of $250 per person for 7 day cruise. Is this correct?

Questions: Can you add more people in future, as long as they are within the limit for each room? For example, four of us are cruising, but on the next cruise, there will probably be 6--so 2 rooms would be needed. Would my deposit be for the 4 or 6?

What if some of us decide to go different dates? Example, 2 decide to cruise at a different time than the 4.

I assume you can book your cruise as far ahead that the schedule has been announced. Let us say, by then, I book for 2009. If I see that I can't go in 2009, would I be able to rebook for 2010, keeping the discounts and associated perks.

I really would like for my granddaughter who is 7 months right now to make the next trip --after she turns 3, so that she can go to the children's clubs.
That would put her going in 2010.

I've read where you can book while still on board for discount and can book more than one room. I understand you pay deposit of $250 per person for 7 day cruise. Is this correct?

Yes, that is correct.

Questions: Can you add more people in future, as long as they are within the limit for each room? For example, four of us are cruising, but on the next cruise, there will probably be 6--so 2 rooms would be needed. Would my deposit be for the 4 or 6?

You can add more people in the future, however if you are planning to add children please be aware that there is a cap on the number of children they accept on each sailing. All children are guaranteed a space in the kids' club for their age and those clubs have a limit as to how many they can accommodate. Therefore DCL will not allow you to add a child to a cruise that has reached its limit for that child's age group.

You will need to pay the deposit for the number of people you actually book while you are on the ship. If you add people later you will have to pay their deposits at that time.

What if some of us decide to go different dates? Example, 2 decide to cruise at a different time than the 4.

As long as those two are on their own reservation they will be able to move their date. If they are booked in a stateroom with others they will have to cancel and re-book, thereby forfeiting their discount and onboard credit. Also, any time you change the lead name (primary name) on a booking the reservation must be completely cancelled and rebooked.

I assume you can book your cruise as far ahead that the schedule has been announced. Let us say, by then, I book for 2009. If I see that I can't go in 2009, would I be able to rebook for 2010, keeping the discounts and associated perks.

Yes, you can move your date to a later one. You would have to pay any increase in fare associated with the new date but you would keep your 10% discount and onboard credit. Many people do this when the new schedule has not yet been released. Once the new dates are announced they call and shift their reservation to the date they really wanted in the first place.

I really would like for my granddaughter who is 7 months right now to make the next trip --after she turns 3, so that she can go to the children's clubs.
That would put her going in 2010.

You can book for any available sailing when you are on your cruise. Once 2009 dates are announced you can push your reservation to a 2009 date. Then you can do the same for the 2010 date that you actually want.

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!