Prawn Heads & Cupcakes & Soups, Oh My! 10/5 Complete (now with my Dining Wish List)!

I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about your plans.

Jill in CO

My goodness, you already have quite a crowd here!! I hate joining the party late!!! But I am SO IN!!!! :yay:

Love the home run highlights from last trip.

[Please accept my humble apologies for being a stinker about sharing the link to your PDR in your other thread.] ;)

So excited to join in this new report. I can't wait to see what you have enjoyed this round. I am not changing any ADR's though. DH says they are what "WE" all want so they will not change. But I can read your DR and think ahead for our next trip. :thumbsup2

I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about your plans.

Jill in CO
Glad you're here! I'll definitely post a rough idea of the plans soon. :)

My goodness, you already have quite a crowd here!! I hate joining the party late!!! But I am SO IN!!!! :yay:

Love the home run highlights from last trip.

[Please accept my humble apologies for being a stinker about sharing the link to your PDR in your other thread.] ;)
Haha that's alright - next time I'll think to provide a link. :goodvibes

I love looking back at the highlights from July. I could easily order the exact same dishes and be content (but fortunately for the sake of this report, I prefer to pick items I haven't tried before). :thumbsup2

Just read your previous reports and loved them... Can't wait to read this one!
Thanks for joining in, and I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed the previous reports! :goodvibes

So excited to join in this new report. I can't wait to see what you have enjoyed this round. I am not changing any ADR's though. DH says they are what "WE" all want so they will not change. But I can read your DR and think ahead for our next trip. :thumbsup2
Don't worry - there's no pressure to change ADRs, and I'm sure it's a good thing that your DH is happy with the plans as they are. :thumbsup2

Wouldn't miss it for the world :)
Yay! I can't belive in exactly 5 days, we'll be packing (which means the reviews will definitely be starting in about 12 days!) :yay:

Here!! And thanks Brenda for sharing the link!! Can't wait to read the new reviews!!
I'm so excited! (and sorry I forgot to include a link - maybe I should think about reworking my signature to include links). :)

In exactly 5 days, we'll be busy packing for our morning flight. This trip is going to be a split stay.

The first two nights are going to be at...

IMG_0002.jpg

Animal Kingdom Lodge! This will be our first time in a regular AKL room - we previously stayed in a Jambo House CL 1-bedroom villa.

We booked a standard view room, but I still plan on exploring to spot some animals.

IMG_8403.jpg

After AKL, we'll be moving to...

IMG_1416.jpg

Wilderness Lodge! Last year, WL became one of my favorite resorts, thanks to its incredible theme. I just love the tranquil, rustic vibe. :goodvibes

Sunrise over Bay Lake from the Lodge :cloud9:

IMG_1402.jpg

Of course, we've also made some dining reservations. This dining report appropriately includes "Hungry for seconds" in the title, so as you might expect, we'll be dining at many of the same places we dined at in July. This is largely unprecedented - we've never 'recycled' so many restaurants for a second trip in a row. But thanks to the stellar experiences we had at all of them, we're very happy with our plans. Restaurants from our July trip that you can expect to see include:

-Jiko: Since we'll be staying at AKL, this one was a must for us. Our last meal here was amazing, and there are plenty of menu items I'm just dying to try. I'm especially hoping that the chermoula-roasted head-on Nigerian prawns and the "chocolate and tea safari" (Vanilla Rooibos-Tanzanian Chocolate Cake, Free Form “Kit Kat”, and Green Tea Ice Cream) remain on the menu. The combination of rooibos, chocolate, and green tea sounds amazing. :cloud9:

-Landscape of Flavors: This food court at Art of Animation succeeded in wowing me, thanks to an impressive plate of tandoori shell-on shrimp (cooked to order), unique sides, and freshly cooked naan bread. This place offers something for everyone, and I'm interested in trying some of their other options - perhaps some Mongolian grill fish or Portuguese sausage. :goodvibes

-The Wave: We might be having both lunch and dinner here, since both menus look great to us. My most recent meals here (breakfast and lunch) were great, and since we'll still be ordering from the summer menu, I'm expecting to enjoy it once again. :)

-Narcoossee's: After a disappointing meal in August 2011, we decided to give Narcoossee's another try since they recently experienced a chef change. The restaurant has redeemed itself to us, and right now Narcoossee's is one of our top five Disney restaurants. Maybe this time we'll finally try the cheese plate that we were planning to split for dessert. :laughing:

-Grand Floridian Cafe: The Grand Floridian burger (topped with butter-poached lobster, arugula, crispy prosciutto, and red onion marmalade, on a brioche bun with chips and mango ketchup) is a real winner. We'll probably eat lunch here and split the burger, along with a second entree. No special "surprises" are necessary for us to have another great meal here. :thumbsup2

-Hollywood Brown Derby (maybe): My last lunch at Brown Derby was great, from the food (spit-roasted bison and berry cobbler) to the service. The only reason this place is a "maybe" is because I'm thinking about choosing Le Cellier lunch instead (which I currently have a booking for). Le Cellier might become a full-time signature next year, in which case I would expect some of their lunch-only entrees (like the house burger) to be removed from the menu. I'd love to try this dish before it potentially disappears forever, but for me, Brown Derby is always a more pleasant dining experience than Le Cellier (from food to service to atmosphere). It's going to be a tough decision. :worried:

Other restaurants that might be appearing in this report include:

-Raglan Road: This place is one of my mom's favorites, so we're planning to have a lunch here.

-Citricos: Most of our meals here have been good. At one point, Citricos was our favorite Disney restaurant, but recently it's been overshadowed by several other signatures. Since my mom and I are both huge fans of Mediterranean food, we're looking forward to returning.

-The Mara: My experiences here are very limited, but I've usually been impressed. Staying at AKL will give me a perfect opportunity to try more foods at this well-reviewed quick service location.

-Sanaa: This place gets some of the best reviews of any Disney restaurant. The problem for me is that I constantly compare Sanaa to a local (more authentic) Indian restaurant. In some ways, Sanaa's food is tamer than I would like, but it's also quite creative for a 1-credit Disney restaurant (like The Wave), which I appreciate.

-San Angel Inn: SAI is one of the only Epcot TS locations I haven't tried (the other is Teppan Edo). After a refurbishment last year and some amazing reviews this year, I'm really hoping to finally try this place.

-Artist Point: I can't believe I forgot this one! Artist Point is one of our favorites, and we skipped it during our May and July trips. Plus, since we'll be staying at WL, AP is another must-do. Hopefully we'll enjoy AP as much as always.

Of course, everything is subject to change. But for once, I feel like these plans are relatively set. We're confident in all of these locations, and I know that there's some fantastic food coming up. :goodvibes

I'm excited about your dining line up. I can only imagine that your dining reviews will encourage me to eat at a new restaurant or two in the future - you are helping to expand my horizons!! :thumbsup2

Le Cellier vs HBD... hmmmm that's tough to choose. Your logic of a potential change to the lunch menu is a solid enough argument to try it one last time. Plus you could always try HBD for dinner since it looks like they use the same menu as for lunch.

AKL is so beautiful and unique - how wonderful to start your trip with that hotel. I agree with you about WL - and after seeing your photo of sunrise over Bay Lake... ahhh... I would want to simply enjoy that view and sit on my balcony all day! ;)

I'm excited about all the plans. :hyper:

Excellent plans! I have to agree that WL is my favorite resort so far (although I'll be testing out THREE new ones at the end of this month! :lmao:). I just love the tranquil vibe there. And I can't wait to see what you think of San Angel Inn!

I'm excited about your dining line up. I can only imagine that your dining reviews will encourage me to eat at a new restaurant or two in the future - you are helping to expand my horizons!! :thumbsup2

Le Cellier vs HBD... hmmmm that's tough to choose. Your logic of a potential change to the lunch menu is a solid enough argument to try it one last time. Plus you could always try HBD for dinner since it looks like they use the same menu as for lunch.

AKL is so beautiful and unique - how wonderful to start your trip with that hotel. I agree with you about WL - and after seeing your photo of sunrise over Bay Lake... ahhh... I would want to simply enjoy that view and sit on my balcony all day! ;)

I'm excited about all the plans. :hyper:
I would be happy if some of my reviews encouraged you to try somewhere new - that's always part of the fun of dining reviews. Hopefully I'll be able to say positive things about my new restaurant this trip (San Angel Inn). :)

Le Cellier vs. Brown Derby is going to be a really hard decision. As I've said often, Brown Derby is my favorite theme park restaurant. But if I had to pick a second favorite, Le Cellier would probably win that title. And that house burger has gotten great reviews...but it's still basically a bacon cheeseburger, whereas the dish at Brown Derby sounds lighter and healthier. I might have to decide at the last minute. :laughing:

I'm so excited to return to Wilderness Lodge - it's just such a beautiful place, and the surrounding forest makes it feels like isolated even though it's so close to MK. Speaking of WL, I forgot a very prominent restaurant where we're planning on having dinner. ;)

Excellent plans! I have to agree that WL is my favorite resort so far (although I'll be testing out THREE new ones at the end of this month! :lmao:). I just love the tranquil vibe there. And I can't wait to see what you think of San Angel Inn!
I'm very excited to try SAI - I've already chosen the courses I plan on ordering, and they all sound fantastic. :thumbsup2

WL is wonderful! It's definitely one of my favorites (my "favorites" seem to fluctuate, but right now they include Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, and Yacht Club). :cloud9: Maybe your next stay will shake things up in the favorites department - hopefully you'll be impressed by the Epcot resort area!

Outstanding line up, Donald!!! Only a few of my favorites are missing, but I'll forgive you. :lmao: I've added a link to my list and also where you are staying. ;)

Wonderful, wonderful plans! Please say hello to AKL for me! That is my "home" at Disney, no other resort makes me happier! And you're going to The Mara, which has the most amazingly sweet and creamy butternut squash soup! :worship: Normally I like my butternut squash soup on the spicy and tangy side, but The Mara's tastes like liquid pumpkin pie...I cannot find fault in that! :laughing:

Your lineup sounds fantastic! We've never tried Sanaa but have an ADR for January and I'm DYING to try it! And San Angel Inn is one of my favorites in WS, I prefer it over La Hacienda by a landslide. Can't wait to see what you think of it!

Outstanding line up, Donald!!! Only a few of my favorites are missing, but I'll forgive you. :lmao: I've added a link to my list and also where you are staying. ;)
A few of my favorites are missing too (such as Yachtsman) - there's just no way to fit everything in (as hard as I try :laughing:). And nice job keeping that list updated - you've taken on quite a daunting task. :thumbsup2

Wonderful, wonderful plans! Please say hello to AKL for me! That is my "home" at Disney, no other resort makes me happier! And you're going to The Mara, which has the most amazingly sweet and creamy butternut squash soup! :worship: Normally I like my butternut squash soup on the spicy and tangy side, but The Mara's tastes like liquid pumpkin pie...I cannot find fault in that! :laughing:

Your lineup sounds fantastic! We've never tried Sanaa but have an ADR for January and I'm DYING to try it! And San Angel Inn is one of my favorites in WS, I prefer it over La Hacienda by a landslide. Can't wait to see what you think of it!
I'll definitely be on the lookout for that soup at The Mara! There are quite a few things I'm interested in trying there. :goodvibes

Glad to hear more good things about San Angel Inn. I tried La Hacienda shortly after it opened and didn't enjoy the shrimp tacos - SAI's food sounds better to me, so I'm excited. :thumbsup2

We are doing the exact same split stay! We arrive a few days after you though so I don't think we'll be there at the same time. :-(

Donald, the last time you went to Raglan Road for lunch, was it really dead in there? I'm contemplating whether to do the lunch or dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter