Prawn Heads & Cupcakes & Soups, Oh My! 10/5 Complete (now with my Dining Wish List)!

Wow your trip is coming soon! So exciting, I'm a little jealous, lol! ;)

I hope you get to San Angel Inn and Raglan Road, those are two places we booked and can't wait to try. :goodvibes

Wilderness Lodge is my absolute favourite resort so I am so pleased you will be staying there. Do try the smores cupcake and the banana fosters waffles from Roaring Fork :thumbsup2

I, for one, wouldn't be complaining if you snuck in some extra pictures of the lodge in amongst your food pictures too - just sayin' :rolleyes1

Have a great trip - I suspect you will be long gone before we actually arrive at WDW on the 24th but I will be catching up on your reviews just as soon as I get back.

We are doing the exact same split stay! We arrive a few days after you though so I don't think we'll be there at the same time. :-(
Yep, it sounds like we'll just miss you. :( But I hope you have a great time at both lodges!

Donald, the last time you went to Raglan Road for lunch, was it really dead in there? I'm contemplating whether to do the lunch or dinner.
I wouldn't say lunch was dead (since most of the tables around us were occupied), but there wasn't the entertainment that dinner is known for. Dinner is probably more fun, but we don't mind having a relaxing lunch there. :)

I love the lineup, DDW!!! I can't wait for yet another set of insightful reviews. :)
Thanks so much! I feel very good about this lineup, and I can't imagine our plans changing too much. :thumbsup2

Wow your trip is coming soon! So exciting, I'm a little jealous, lol! ;)

I hope you get to San Angel Inn and Raglan Road, those are two places we booked and can't wait to try. :goodvibes
I definitely plan on having lunch at SAI - I'm excited to finally try it! And Raglan is one of my mom's favorites, so I'm sure we'll make it there as well. :)

subscribing - AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for joining again! I hope you really enjoy the reviews, even though a lot of restaurants are repeats (although speaking for myself, I intend to order different things this time). :thumbsup2

Wilderness Lodge is my absolute favourite resort so I am so pleased you will be staying there. Do try the smores cupcake and the banana fosters waffles from Roaring Fork :thumbsup2

I, for one, wouldn't be complaining if you snuck in some extra pictures of the lodge in amongst your food pictures too - just sayin' :rolleyes1

Have a great trip - I suspect you will be long gone before we actually arrive at WDW on the 24th but I will be catching up on your reviews just as soon as I get back.
I'm very excited about being back at WL! Last year, I tried some of the Mickey waffles at Roaring Fork - the bananas foster was one of my favorites (along with the one with strawberries and orange-infused whipped cream). And the s'mores cupcake was very good - between that, the carrot cake cupcake, and the magic cookie bar, I've got my work cut out for me. :rotfl:

I'd be happy to add in some pics of WL. And yep, we'll be gone by the 20th, but I hope you have an amazing time! :goodvibes

Great line-up!!:thumbsup2
Thanks so much! We can't wait to take advantage of the great dining opportunities at AKL, WL, and some nearby resorts. :cloud9:

Yay! Have a great trip! I can't wait to read all about your culinary adventures!

AKL is one of my favorite resorts! DS and I stayed there last May in a standard room after previous CL/Savannah stays and loved every bit of it just as much!

You have many of my favorites on your line up so I just can't wait!
I bet your review of Narcoossee's will definitely make me want to go back for a re-do too! The cheeseplate there was my favorite part of our meal. :)

Enjoy!! Have a GREAT trip!!

Yay! Have a great trip! I can't wait to read all about your culinary adventures!

AKL is one of my favorite resorts! DS and I stayed there last May in a standard room after previous CL/Savannah stays and loved every bit of it just as much!

You have many of my favorites on your line up so I just can't wait!
I bet your review of Narcoossee's will definitely make me want to go back for a re-do too! The cheeseplate there was my favorite part of our meal. :)

Enjoy!! Have a GREAT trip!!
Thanks so much! I'm sure we're going to have a great time at AKL. And I can't wait to return to Narcoossee's - things would be probably go more smoothly if you gave it another chance, and hopefully our next experience will support that. :goodvibes

Glad to hear more good things about San Angel Inn. I tried La Hacienda shortly after it opened and didn't enjoy the shrimp tacos - SAI's food sounds better to me, so I'm excited. :thumbsup2

About the shrimp tacos....Me too!!!! In my 2011 dining review I wrote about how the shrimp was ick!! :worried: I ended up eating the tortilla and the chips/salsa.

About the shrimp tacos....Me too!!!! In my 2011 dining review I wrote about how the shrimp was ick!! :worried: I ended up eating the tortilla and the chips/salsa.
Glad to hear I'm not alone on the shrimp tacos. The shrimp had a bit too much breading for me, and the sauces weren't my favorite.

That said, some of your other reviews of La Hacienda were positive, so I'd definitely be willing to give it a second chance eventually. :goodvibes

Firstly, thanks for starting my morning off in the right way with a wonderful photo of my fave resort - Wilderness Lodge :goodvibes

Such a great line up of restaurants and I can't wait to read your reviews

I'm particularly interested to read your review of Citrico's, San Angel Inn and the Wave as they are all places we haven't tried and would like to try them out

Whoop, whoop ............. can't wait to read along :cool1:

and I can't imagine our plans changing too much. :thumbsup2

Famous last words.

Oh, I'm along for the ride too! Will be very interested in your SAI impressions - and doubly so if your mother joins you, since you will most likely order different things. We have never eaten there since I am not a spicy food fan but I plan to fit it in next year because DH will enjoy it. Last year I felt the same way about our dinner ADR at Marrakesh: wasn't interested in it myself but figured I'd take one for the team. I ended up loving my entree and would cheerfully go back again.

We liked SAI last year. I had the three course special. The fish tacos were good but whatever the appetizer was, it was even better. Dh got some sort of strip steak I think that was very good. I know you can't have one yet but the margaritas are fantastic so you definitely need to try one next year!

DDW - have you ever been during the F&W festival? Based on what I have read from your reviews, I think you would love it.

Firstly, thanks for starting my morning off in the right way with a wonderful photo of my fave resort - Wilderness Lodge :goodvibes

Such a great line up of restaurants and I can't wait to read your reviews

I'm particularly interested to read your review of Citrico's, San Angel Inn and the Wave as they are all places we haven't tried and would like to try them out

Whoop, whoop ............. can't wait to read along :cool1:
Wilderness Lodge is such a beautiful place - I plan on taking quite a few beautiful pics of it to share. :cloud9:

We're very excited about returning to Citricos and The Wave, and I've seen lots of positive feedback about SAI recently - hopefully you'll end up trying all of these places soon enough, since they all have the potential to serve great food. :thumbsup2

Famous last words.

Oh, I'm along for the ride too! Will be very interested in your SAI impressions - and doubly so if your mother joins you, since you will most likely order different things. We have never eaten there since I am not a spicy food fan but I plan to fit it in next year because DH will enjoy it. Last year I felt the same way about our dinner ADR at Marrakesh: wasn't interested in it myself but figured I'd take one for the team. I ended up loving my entree and would cheerfully go back again.
:lmao: We'll have to wait and see what happens.

I'm very excited about trying SAI. Even if my food isn't spicy, as long as the flavors seem authentic and interesting, I imagine myself being very happy with the food. Glad to hear you enjoyed Marrakesh more than you expected to!

We liked SAI last year. I had the three course special. The fish tacos were good but whatever the appetizer was, it was even better. Dh got some sort of strip steak I think that was very good. I know you can't have one yet but the margaritas are fantastic so you definitely need to try one next year!

DDW - have you ever been during the F&W festival? Based on what I have read from your reviews, I think you would love it.
Thanks for your SAI feedback! It's nice hearing what others really liked or loved, since I have no experience with the food there.

I've been to the F&W festival once - it was in 2002, and I did enjoy it! Although in retrospect, I think I only got one dish there - beef with peaches from the South Africa booth. :laughing: I've been dying to go back, but it's difficult to time due to the dates of school breaks - right now I'm aiming for fall 2013. Everything about the festival sounds wonderful :goodvibes

I can't wait to read your reviews.
Thanks so much! Just 4 days until we arrive, meaning the reviews will start in about 11 days. :thumbsup2

Hey there! It looks like we're arriving on almost the same day! What are your exact dates, if you don't mind me asking? We'll be at Kidani Village while you're at Jambo! Also, we're doing GFC, San Angel and Sanaa as well. Maybe we'll be there at the same time! :thumbsup2 Great dining/resort choices!

Hey there! It looks like we're arriving on almost the same day! What are your exact dates, if you don't mind me asking? We'll be at Kidani Village while you're at Jambo! Also, we're doing GFC, San Angel and Sanaa as well. Maybe we'll be there at the same time! :thumbsup2 Great dining/resort choices!
We'll be arriving at AKL on the 14th and leaving WL on the 20th - cool that we have some of the same restaurants planned! Maybe we'll run into each other :goodvibes

DonaldDoleWhip said:
We'll be arriving at AKL on the 14th and leaving WL on the 20th - cool that we have some of the same restaurants planned! Maybe we'll run into each other :goodvibes

Oh awesome! We're arriving at Kidani Village on the 15th! That would be great! Feel free to say hi if you see me! I love meeting people from the DIS! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter