Prawn Heads & Cupcakes & Soups, Oh My! 10/5 Complete (now with my Dining Wish List)!

DonaldDoleWhip

DIS Veteran
Last time, we headed down to WDW in July for three wonderful nights. Jiko, Narcoossee's, and Brown Derby shined. The Wave served up a delightful breakfast and lunch. Quick service locations continued to satisfy, including Contempo Cafe (one of my favorites) and Landscape of Flavors (which has raised the bar for quick service, IMO). And of course, the kitchen and CMs at Grand Floridian Cafe (along with an assist from Narcoossee's) served up one of the most magical experiences we've ever had in a Disney restaurant. :goodvibes

Well, thanks to some good deals on flights and accommodation, we're heading back down for another trip in August. That means more food, and more reviews. ;)

We'll be arriving at WDW in about a week - I can't wait to get started again!

Holy cow, I did it again! First in line to join in on your reviews! I can't wait!!! :cool1:

There has hardly been a gap in between your reviews lately. I love it! Ready for another installment of your dining adventures! Have a safe and fabulous trip and I hope you get even more Disney magic this visit. pixiedust:

Holy cow, I did it again! First in line to join in on your reviews! I can't wait!!! :cool1:
Nice job again! As usual, I'm looking forward to starting soon (and reading the rest of your reviews). :goodvibes

Count me in! :goodvibes
Welcome! I really hope you'll enjoy the reviews. :)

I am so very in! :goodvibes
Yay, I'm happy to see you here! Your trip is also growing closer. :cheer2:

There has hardly been a gap in between your reviews lately. I love it! Ready for another installment of your dining adventures! Have a safe and fabulous trip and I hope you get even more Disney magic this visit. pixiedust:
Thanks so much! We're really looking forward to experiencing another dose of Disney magic. :goodvibes

Welcome! I can't wait to get started. :)

Thanks for reading! Just about two weeks to go until the reviews begin. :thumbsup2

WooHoo! Another party!:thumbsup2
I'm so excited too! I love going to WDW, and I also really enjoy working on the reviews afterward. :goodvibes

Before the reviews begin, I thought it would be fun to relive some highlights from July. :goodvibes

Contempo Cafe Breakfast

Mickey Waffle with bananas and salted caramel sauce

IMG_4033.jpg

The Wave Lunch

Summer Salad, with locally sourced watermelon, avocado, arugula, olives, and pecans, with feta and white balsamic

IMG_4095.jpg

Pineapple passion fruit sorbet, topped with roasted pineapple

IMG_4110.jpg

Narcoossee’s Dinner

Seared jumbo day boat scallops with grilled petite summer vegetable salad, sauce romesco, and avocado oil

IMG_4146.jpg

House-made sweet english pea and mascarpone ravioli with organic mixed baby squash and heirloom tomatoes, morel mushrooms, sheep's milk cheese, and toasted pumpkin seeds with honeyed brown butter-white balsamic vinaigrette

IMG_4154.jpg

Jiko Dinner

Beef "Seswaa" flatbread: Botswana-style braised oxtail, Zellwood corn porridge, and smoked tomato harissa

IMG_4325.jpg

Sikhumbuzo's peri peri chicken with herb-crushed potatoes, french beans, mango sambal, and onion jus

IMG_4332.jpg

Black forest cake: compressed chocolate cake, cherry jam, bourbon-macerated cherries, and pistachio chocolate chunk ice cream (this item is produced with no sugar added)

IMG_4335.jpg

Hollywood Brown Derby Lunch

Spit-roasted American bison with white truffle croquettes, a refreshing slaw, and a cocoa espresso barbecue sauce

IMG_4498.jpg

Warm seasonal fruit cobbler (with strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries), with crème fraîche and orange blossom honey

IMG_4502.jpg

Grand Floridian Cafe Dinner

Grand Floridian Burger: Angus chuck burger, butter-poached lobster with red onion marmalade, crispy prosciutto, and arugula on a brioche bun with chips and mango ketchup

IMG_4565.jpg

IMG_4564.jpg

Surprise Dessert Sampler from Narcoossee’s: Baked Chocolate Mousse, Almond-crusted Cheesecake, Pecan Tart, Spring Cherry Clafoutis, and Strawberry Shortcake

IMG_4571-1.jpg

IMG_4572-1.jpg

My DD16 and I will also be there next week for our girls trip. Somehow I don't think a dining report I would do would be at all similar to yours. My DD is very picky, we both aren't able to eat much and tend to forget to eat.

I am very much looking forward to your dining report so I can at least dine vicariously with you. I hope you and your mother have a great time and the weather holds up. Right now it's not looking good.

I'm so excited for your upcoming trip (and the reviews that will follow) :cool1:

Can't wait to hear all about it.popcorn::

Wish you would send me some pixie dust for a good deal on flights for the end of September. Right now it's double what I paid for our last trip in April.:headache:

Very excited for your next set of reviews :goodvibes:.
I'm so excited too - just a few more days and we'll be enjoying the food there. :yay:

My DD16 and I will also be there next week for our girls trip. Somehow I don't think a dining report I would do would be at all similar to yours. My DD is very picky, we both aren't able to eat much and tend to forget to eat.

I am very much looking forward to your dining report so I can at least dine vicariously with you. I hope you and your mother have a great time and the weather holds up. Right now it's not looking good.
Thanks so much! I hope you also have a great trip, and that the weather holds up. But even if it doesn't, I won't let a few brief storms in the afternoon get in my way. There's just too much to do! :goodvibes

Yes!! :banana: :banana: You bet I'm in!!
Awesome! And just a few more weeks until your trip as well! :thumbsup2

I'm so excited for your upcoming trip (and the reviews that will follow) :cool1:
Thanks so much! I'm really looking forward to getting started. :)

Can't wait to hear all about it.popcorn::

Wish you would send me some pixie dust for a good deal on flights for the end of September. Right now it's double what I paid for our last trip in April.:headache:
I hope the flight prices improve! With airline prices, I never know what's going to happen - sometimes they go up, but they can also drop dramatically a few weeks before the flight. Hopefully that'll be the case. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!