Post Your Wedding Cake

We were married July 25th 2018. My cake was pretty standard in terms of flavors. The top and bottom tier was yellow cake with buttercream filling. The middle tier was a marble cake with chocolate mousse. It was delicious! The look of the cake is exactly what I had described. It was just perfect!

Attachments

• PH612480718 - 0648.jpg
    PH612480718 - 0648.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 224
We were married July 25th 2018. My cake was pretty standard in terms of flavors. The top and bottom tier was yellow cake with buttercream filling. The middle tier was a marble cake with chocolate mousse. It was delicious! The look of the cake is exactly what I had described. It was just perfect!
No fondant?

Disney uses Carma Massa Ticcino fondant, a top-quality brand that tastes like marshmallow. But they also remove the fondant before they serve your wedding cake, and there's a nice thick layer of buttercream underneath.

For those that use their own cake topper...how do you get it to the bakery team? Do you mail it? We have some that we want on the cake and made note of it in the inspiration photo to send to the team, but not sure how we'll go about sending the toppers ahead of the wedding day

For those that use their own cake topper...how do you get it to the bakery team? Do you mail it? We have some that we want on the cake and made note of it in the inspiration photo to send to the team, but not sure how we'll go about sending the toppers ahead of the wedding day

You put it in the bins of wedding stuff that you deliver to your planner at Franck’s a few days before the wedding, and they give it to the pastry team to put on the cake.

I posted in here earlier about my vintage Epcot wedding cake! As it turns out, it would be a bit too intricate to do without having a styrofoam cake and a LOT of money to spend. So, I re-sketched something simpler and this is what I came up with! I'll absolutely post the pics once the big day comes :)

Attachments

• Cake revised.JPG
    Cake revised.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 110
Antebellum: Standard
Antebellum-Standard.jpg

Antebellum: All White
Antebellum-AllWhite.jpg

Antebellum: Pink and White
Antebellum-PinkWhite.jpg

Aurora: Standard Lavender
Aurora-StandardLavender.jpg

Baroque: Standard
Baroque-Standard.jpg
Those are beautiful!

Here is a picture of our cake for our 12/8/12 Disney wedding. The cake stand was actually made by my parents. :love: It had tons of crystals and lights. The key hanging in the pictures is the key to Cinderella's castle. Our cake flavors were: top tier & bottom tier were marble cake with milk chocolate filling, and middle tier was red velvet with cream cheese filling. It was so yummy!!!!

31574_3931909703489_2005225201_n_zpsf57366df.jpg

MJ119112-8-12_zps0c0ed112.jpg

Was the buttercream really buttery or more "sweet". Do they have different ty[es of buttercreams to chose from?

Was the buttercream really buttery or more "sweet". Do they have different ty[es of buttercreams to chose from?

Walt Disney World uses a more sugary buttercream recipe, like you'd find on supermarket cakes. Disneyland uses Chantilly buttercream, which is more buttery. You could try asking for Chantilly buttercream at WDW and see what they say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!