Post Your Wedding Cake

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by DisneySweetie, Oct 23, 2007.

1. belle24

belle24 Mouseketeer

Wow ive just looked through this whole thread and love it!! :) some great inspiration!!

I was just wondering, when my finacee and i go there is only going to be 6 of us in total so I guess a two tier cake will be too big haha but we will still want a wedding cake.
    Does anyone know how many a 1 tier mad hatter cake would feed and the cost??

Thanks!

2. andeesings

andeesings DIS Veteran

Lurkyloo has a cake chatter thread-- if you search the forums for "cake chatter" it comes up (I'd link it but I'm awful at these forums!) if you're looking at Cali Grill or Artist Point, you're in luck--- that's the Contemporary bakery and Chef Brian is ABSOLUTELY the best. Prices can vary wildly depending on how crazy you want to get with decorations, and the mad hatter is obviously more expensive but you might be looking at around $150? What other people paid for their cakes is up on that thread as well.

If I may, I recommend the orange cake with amaretto crunch filling! We just had my parent's 40th Anniversary cake at the Cali Grill and they made us a haunted mansion themed cake that was out of this world in those flavors!!!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. bigr3ddog

bigr3ddog Mouseketeer

2-tier mad hatter is $450. I'm not sure how a single tier mad hatter would work. How would that be different from a single sheet?

5. andeesings

andeesings DIS Veteran

I know it's weird, but if you order a 6 or 8 inch cake from Disney at a restaurant it seems to be a lot cheaper than cakes from DFTW-- my parent's haunted mansion anniversary cake was an 8" cake with wedding fillings was only $100!!

6. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

Yeah, it really depends on which resort you're ordering from. The Contemporary seems to have the lowest prices, with the Grand Floridian in the middle and Yacht & Beach Club at the top. BoardWalk Bakery and Animal Kingdom Lodge are sorta in the middle too.

7. asunnysideup

asunnysideup Mouseketeer

Here's our cake! All photos from By the Robinsons.

A shot of our cake table:
    [​IMG]

Our cake:
    [​IMG]

We asked for the top tier to be the color of Jellyroll's stripes - our save the date featured a photo of Geoff and I in front of Jellyrolls, and since our reception was at Atlantic Dance Hall, we wanted to bring the Boardwalk theme in! Also, one of our colors was sky blue, so the color was perfect.

Going with the Boardwalk theme, we chose aqua waves (blue, aqua, and mint were our main colors) to tie in colors and our Boardwalk/retro/Bioshock theme. Our accent color was red, so we asked for red hearts coming from the waves. It was perfect!

Our cake topper was a DIY project from my matron of honor - two little birds! She has an Etsy shop, 5th and Ash, and our cake toppers were one of the first she made (aside from her own ;)).
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Our flavors were chocolate with peanut butter cup filling, and lemon with raspberry filling. :thumbsup2

8. jknicholas

jknicholas Mouseketeer

Idk if this thread makes me wish our wedding cake had more than just the mickey and Minnie Lennox cake topper - or, if I just really want cake now!!

9. MiaSRN62

MiaSRN62 DIS Veteran

My daughter's cake from April 2014:

[​IMG]

smadath, LeeDonald and Disney_Alli like this.
  10. TiffinyKaye

TiffinyKaye Mouseketeer

That's so cute! :)

11. elphie101

elphie101 Left my heart in Tomorrowland

Ours was a two-tier Mad Hatter with a blue ombre syle and it was PERFECT! We had yellow with white chocolate mousse (in addition to almond with amaretto crunch in the form of a sheet cake), and the GF bakery created 3 blue-toned sugar roses as a topper (we didn't provide one and they came back saying the Mad Hatter looks better with a topper) at no extra charge. Sadly, I forgot to eat a rose from our top tier before we checked out! :sad1:

[​IMG]0687_Finnigan by elphie101, on Flickr

[​IMG]0936_Finnigan by elphie101, on Flickr

Disney_Alli likes this.
  12. MagicalEnding

MagicalEnding Mouseketeer

13. cmash95

cmash95 a princess at heart

ok I know there have been brides since may. Please we are dying to see
    your cakes. It really helps with ideas for future brides

14. LadyD

LadyD DIS Veteran

Here is our cake from our wedding last December at the Disneyland Hotel. The cake topper we purchased from Etsy and it lit up. The strips around the cake have still images from a variety of Disney and Pixar movies. image.jpg

15. Seia

Seia DIS Veteran

Here is our cake from May 2015. All we really told them was that we wanted it to be inspired by the Mad Tea Party ride with "Happily Ever After" on there somehow. Each individual tea cup was made from white chocolate with a crazy amount of detail. We loved it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LeeDonald, ratharp12, Sehsun and 4 others like this.
  16. MikeandTier

MikeandTier Earning My Ears

OMG!!!! :love::worship:

17. Plaid Princess

Plaid Princess Recovering CM, Pilot in Training

Ooooooo Fun!!! Our Disney wedding didn't have a Disney theme. I just wanted everything in shades of pink... but my cake topper was the one thing I did that was Disney. (Actually, we also named our tables after shops on Main Street... because that's where we met.) We had two layers of what we called "Dole Whip" which was yellow cake with pineapple filling, and one layer of Chocolate.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    Professor_Cookie likes this.
  18. ratharp12

ratharp12 Earning My Ears

Oh my gosh you guys! I'm dying! We locked our date in today, and now, everything is getting real! I'm so excited!

all about DISNEY and Seia like this.
  19. Puer Aeternus

Puer Aeternus Mouseketeer

This cake looks amazing! And I love the sound of the flavor combination too.

Solomon

trudy88 likes this.
  20. Erzengel

Erzengel Mouseketeer

21. Professor_Cookie

Professor_Cookie Mouseketeer

Wow, all those cakes look great, I was under the impression they did pretty standard cakes.