Post your Oct rates and discounts if any

Can someone help me get a better rate? I am staying at PBH 10/23-10/27 and am paying $307 for club level. Help!

Suzyq123 said:
Can someone help me get a better rate? I am staying at PBH 10/23-10/27 and am paying $307 for club level. Help!

I've looked at all the codes I know and they don't get better. Oct is so bad becuase of HHN, things get booked very quickly. Keep checking and you are likely to see it go down.

Do you have to stay Club level or at the Portofino? I looked at the Hard Rock for those dates and you could get a Garden view for $224 and Pool view for $242 - club was $314.

I wanted the PBH because I stayed at the HRH last year. RPR was not available at all. I don't necessarily need club level but thats the lowest available that came up under PBH.
Do you think the prices will drop as it gets closer or no way?

Suzyq123 said:
I wanted the PBH because I stayed at the HRH last year. RPR was not available at all. I don't necessarily need club level but thats the lowest available that came up under PBH.
Do you think the prices will drop as it gets closer or no way?

Historically they have dropped but HHN gets so much bigger each year and more people stay so it's really hard to tell. Maybe book Hard Rock as well while you can and then decide closer to. You'll have 5 days prior to cancel.

book at hrh for oct 23-7...........i wish you luck.
i know the first and second weekend is sold out at hrh.

i tried to book a room for a cousin and only the sunday 10/9 is open as of today.

when you get closer to the end of hhn, it is packed.

you could call frequently and try to catch a cancellation at hrh if thats where you want to be.

macraven said:
book at hrh for oct 23-7...........i wish you luck.
i know the first and second weekend is sold out at hrh.

It was available when I quoted the $224 for Garden View earlier. Also about HRH in October, they will not book any 1 night stays. Go to the website and play around. I called and spoke with reservations and they confirmed.

i just went to the website. the garden view is at $249
the AAA rate for the same is $224. are you using the discount for that price?

my cousin called a few minutes ago and was able to book the second sunday in oct. only one night stay he needed and they booked it.
talking about hrh here. don't want to confuse you.

macraven said:
i just went to the website. the garden view is at $249
the AAA rate for the same is $224. are you using the discount for that price?

my cousin called a few minutes ago and was able to book the second sunday in oct. only one night stay he needed and they booked it.
talking about hrh here. don't want to confuse you.

The $224 was with all of the discounts I could use- same rate with AAA, APH and FLO

Maybe they are just doing no weekend one-nighters. That's what I was inqiring about when I spoke to them last week and perhaps she just generalized her statement. For ex. I was looking at staying 10/1 but I can't book that, I could book 9/30 & 10/1 or 10/1 & 10/2.

who did you call to get a 4th night free. did you need to know a special code?
Thanks for any info.
I am trying to go in Nov. and the hotels are starting to sell out. I can't even get one continuous stay. I need to switch hotels.
Thanks again
Patti

go to the universal website.
click on the master card logo on the left side.
this should take you to that special

if not stil there, go to hotels site for the 411.

bskmom1323 said:
who did you call to get a 4th night free. did you need to know a special code?
Thanks for any info.
I am trying to go in Nov. and the hotels are starting to sell out. I can't even get one continuous stay. I need to switch hotels.
Thanks again
Patti
It's only valid until Oct 5th, they may or may not have an offer coming up like this for November.

Thank you so much. This is what they told me too. They weren't to forthcoming with the info, but they finally told me that it expired early Oct. I got $179 APH rate at HRH(4nights) and then $179.20 AAA for RPH(4nights). Airfare is cheap but I had to extend my trip to get it. So now I have to stay 8 nights. So every little bit helps. Now I have to work on passes. Thanks for everyones help.
PS I could stay at HRH for the whole stay but the rate goes up to $209. Do you think it is worth it to stay the whole time or will it be a nice change to move to the RPH? I have only stayed at the Portofino. so I am anxious to see the others. I hope it isn't to much of a hassle to move.
Patti

i think you will really love the resturants at rph.
the breakfast buffet is very good.

hrh is where i always stay but i think the kitchen could be better.
the ice cream and coffee shop are great but i want food and don't care for the prices at the kitchen.

do both hotels, you might find out which on site hotel you prefer after the 8 day stay.

pbh is great which you already know since you have been there before.

the prices you have for the other two hotels are good. do a split stay.

Thanks,
That was my feeling too. I guess I will leave things the way they are and split the stay. The only thing that worried me was that the room was smaller at RPH. But it will be ok.
Thanks again
Patti

you are correct on that.

the room at rph is smaller than hrh.

i visited my cousin over at the rph last year. hrh was sold out and he could only get rph due to a late cancellation of somebody.

it is done up in darker colors and it reminded me of a disney layout the way the bathroom was done up.

hrh has a different layout and somewhat larger.

i have stayed at hrh 7 times and pbh 1 time.

macraven said:
you are correct on that.

the room at rph is smaller than hrh.

i visited my cousin over at the rph last year. hrh was sold out and he could only get rph due to a late cancellation of somebody.

it is done up in darker colors and it reminded me of a disney layout the way the bathroom was done up.

hrh has a different layout and somewhat larger.

i have stayed at hrh 7 times and pbh 1 time.
Do you think the size is a large difference? I've stayed at neither or any onsite resorts, but was going to stay at RPR. Is the size between the two that big? or just something small?

at the rph, it reminds of the size at disney's all star sports.
walk into the room (standard room ) bathroom on right.
staight ahead two beds, tv, etc.
room in darker colors which makes it appear smaller than other rooms.

at hrh, standard room, more of a hallway....one side closet length of hallway, slider glass doors, safe inside closet.
bathroom on other side, had sink in there, nice size bathroom.
another sink in foyer area outside bathroom with hairdryer on wall.
two queen beds, round table, two stuffed chairs, stuffed reliner with standing pole light, dresser, tv, etc....

if you go to the hotel website, it lists the sq footage of the three hotel rooms.
i have a standard room for a couple of nights at hrh and think it is 375 sq ft.
then i switch to a deluxe room and it is 500 sq ft.

i think rph is 325 sq ft. don't remember would have to check the loews site to be sure.

the rph is very nice.....fantastic lobby area, and dining areas.
wonderful lounge/sitting area that looks out to the park and it is huge.
hrh does not have anything like that. theirs is small compared to rph.

you will love rph if this is the first time you are staying on site.
i like the hrh for a few reasons. don't know if the short cut is still open or not. last year it was locked except for employees entrance due to clean up from the last hurricane.

if it is two people in your room at rph, you will have plenty of room.
think it would be crowded if you did 5 people and had a roll away put in there.

Yeah, just checked ..
335 sq ft for RPR and 375 for HRH .. though I don't know how much of a difference that would be, I guess RPR is good since we're just going to be sleeping there.

foladar, you will really like rph.
it will be plenty of room for two people.

i'm sure you will do like i do, use the room to sleep and bath and that's about it.

look at all the people that stay at allstars at disney and those rooms are about 240 or 260 sq ft. people put 4 in those rooms. they manage fine.

take the boat taxi to the parks.
the walk could take you about maybe 10 minutes .

the bus i took twice all the way around as i wanted to see the fronts of all the on site hotels. took me 35 minutes to get back to hrh. that was really stupid of me and i will never do that again.....it took too much time from rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter