Post something positive about a DVC resort at which you don't own

Doctor P

<font color=navy><font color=navy>Chocolate covere
Though I love OKW, I think it's neat that there are lots of different types of DVC resorts to choose from either to own or to visit. Let's post some positive things about our non-home resorts.

I will start with: "Boardwalk Villas offers close proximity to a wide variety of entertainment and dining options."

If you are game, I would challenge those who post on the thread to say something positive about a different resort than the previous person who posted!

The wilderness lodge lobby, with the river going through it into the pool outside is great. Our kids also love to watch the (not sure what's it's officially called) lights on the barges with different characters like a king, dolphins etc...that run by the magic Kingdom resorts every night. The running trail by the wilderness campground is a nice run also. We stayed in the lodge before the villas came about, and the Christmas decorations were very nice. We went to bed one night, and the next morning they had a huge tree in the lobby. Really got us in the Christmas mood.

I like the new layout of the Two bedroom units at the BCV. The entrance to the studio portion is by the front door not by the T.V by the balcony. We took a walk by the fences in Feb. and it looks like it's going to be very nice. Nothing beats SAB.

Great thought, DoctorP! We did this at DVC chat last night.

I've stayed at all DVC resorts so far and have definitely found things to enjoy at each. Each resort offers something for most everyone and even though there are many similarities, there are also very unique differences.

We just stayed at VWL and I love the room decor and the quiet serenity of the wooded setting. The Hidden Mickey's are a great touch and the Iron Spike Room is a wonderful area to escape for quiet conversation.

VB offers a great ocean experience with the added excitement of the Turtle Watch program and the opportunity to immerse yourself in true relaxation in a number of settings at the resort. The room decor is very peaceful, with soft pastels to compliment to sounds of the ocean.

BWV has the distinct advantage of a wonderful location with proximity to two themeparks and lots of nice dining options. The decor of the resort and the BW setting make for a great escape.

I've followed the construction of BCV (and taken photos) from the original surveyor stakes to the almost completed buildings and am excited about a stay there this fall. The views of Epcot should be spectacular. Spaceship earth and the Illuminations area will be within view from many of the rooms and the others will have a nice look at the pool area and canal in the background. The decor is wonderful- with light furnishings, Hidden Mickey's and nicely apportioned touches.

Since we own at OKW and HH, I will defer comments about those resorts to others!

I have not stayed at any DVC resort yet (68 days to go), but I'd like to put in a good word for OKW. I can definitely picture myself on a balcony, sipping on a pina colada, watching some duffers plunk balls into the water, bushes, sand traps and even on the greens occassionally.

Sounds like a great stress reducer! Looking forward to visiting someday.

Thanks for the thread, Doctor P.

We own at BWV and VWL. We have also had the pleasure to stay at OKW and HHI.

OKW is beautiful and very relaxing. I enjoy the boat to DTD, and I think the bus service is very good as well. I plan to visit often. :)

HHI is beautiful and very relaxing as well. I love the themeing throughout this lovely little place. I plan to visit here often too. :)

I have truely enjoyed each and every DVC resort, and I have a hard time deciding which is my fav. I think they all are! While I have not stayed at VERO yet, I have no doubt that when I do, I will love it too! The thing I love most about DVC is the ability to enjoy ALL of the DVC resorts, and I am so excited to be able to do that for another 40 years :)

We own at VWL. I find that a person's favorite resort, DVC or otherwise, is the first one they ever stay at. WL was the first resort we stayed at in 1994 and has remained our favorite.

We have been lucky enough to stay in a 2 bedroom at OKW. The rooms were enormous and the resort was quiet and restful. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

We also stayed at VB. It is a lovely resort. The food in the restaurant was wonderful. I had the most wonderful shrimp cocktail one afternoon in the bar area. It was a wonderful place to relax and this is coming from someone who avoids the beach like a plague. We hope to return there at another time.

I <i>love</i> getting up very early at BWV and walking around the boardwalk. They're still playing the jazz music on the speakers around the water, and there's very few people out and about. And, when we've been lucky enough to get a Boardwalk-view room - the sight of the sun rising over the Eiffel Tower is something I'll just something I'll never forget...

I love all the trees at HH. It almost reminds me of a campground - with all the shade trees and hammocks! And I really enjoy all the surrounding area has to offer - especially the day trips to Savannah, Beufort, and Charleston!

VWL - I really enjoyed sitting on our balcony and watching the deer below us. The walking trail is great. I love the music they play in the lobby - and the way everyones' jaws drop when they walk thru the doors!! :0 Just the overall "escape" you feel when you're there - hard to believe you're I'm Central Florida - just an hour from home!

Yeah - I guess the <i>other</i> resorts aren't all that bad.... :)

I love OKW. I love all the windows in the 1 and 2 brms, I love the spaciousness, I love sitting on the balcony and watching the wildlife in the ponds (otters,ducks,bunnies,heron, the fish flopping, and the frogs croaking). I love that you can park right outside your room, and the full size washer & dreyer. My kids love the pool and community center even better than BWV's. I love the fact that it's not hard to get a resv there even though it's not our home.

OK, thanks, I think I just talked myself into an extra trip this year!

Alice Sr.
BWV & soon BCV

Of course, I love my home of OKW. We have stayed at VB several times and love the opportunity to relax and enjoy the pool and ocean. My DD's love the activities there. VWL is nice and rustic and we enjoy the lobby of the WL for the fireplace and "people watching". We love the proximity to MK and watching the water pageant at night.

I'll comment on the others when I have an opportunity to stay there.

DH and I first bought into DVC with BWV as our home. Since, we have added on at VB and at VWL (larger than our original buy in).
We have stayed at all of the DVC resorts and love them all.

While we adore our "home" resort, we just feel that being at WDW or at a DVC property is home. It doesn't matter which one. We aren't partial! :)

Kamy

But our first DVC trip was to BWV this January. We had a *spectacular* Boardwalk View room, on the top floor over the Big River Grille. The view was absolutely stunning, and the resort itself has a wonderful whimsical feel to it. We loved the friendship launches to MGM and epcot, as well as the surrey bikes around the entire boardwalk area. We would definitely stay there again.

That said, we did visit the VWL while we were here, having bought in sight unseen, and we are now *EXTREMELY* excited about taking our first trip there this fall. Each of the resorts seems to have quite a lot to love.

I'll have to wait to post something about OKW until we've had a chance to experience it for ourselves.

We chose BWV as our home resort because of it's close proximity to Epcot, which is our favorite park, and to MGM. We love the pool and the activity on the Boardwalk. We stayed at OKW last fall for the first time and fell in love with it because of its quiet and restful atmosphere. We just bought an add on at BCV and I can't wait to stay there. We hope to soon go to Vero, Hilton Head and WLV. You can't go wrong with any of the resorts. They are all wonderful because there is something for everyone, and isn't it nice to have the variety?!

but have stayed at OKW/VB/HHI;

We will probably be frequent visitors to OKW because we do not currently have children and love the quiet retreat that OKW offers us from our busy lives - my wife loves to feed the ducks.

VB is great because you can visit the beach for a couple days before or after your Disney trip. The direct ocean view Inn rooms are great.

HHI is a great alternative to the WDW trip without feeling too far away. I am fascinated by the tide changes and love the marsh view rooms.

Our next visit will be to BWV; I'm sure will have much to like there as well...

We Love DVC...

BWV: The BEST location of any WDW resort. Wonderul themeing and the most fun atmosphere. Proximity to MGM and Epcot and several dining and entertaining places. A privileged point structure that lets you reserve standard rooms and save points. Great pool. If you are lucky, you can get one of the best views in WDW.

WLV: IMHO, the best themeing around..., wonderful decoration in the rooms, very romantic atmosphere and great restaurants. Great pool. One of the nicest Christmas decorations.

OKW: Wonderful lightning in the rooms. The largest rooms of a DVC resort Parking right outside your unit. Lower point structure makes for great value.

BCV: The best pool of a WDW resort. Great location. Granite tabletops.

We own at BWV - mostly because it just happened that it was available when we were ready to buy. We love them all.

BWV is great because of the closeness to MGM and EPCOT and having many restaurants available closeby. I also love the Boardwalk look, the lobby and sitting on the portico watching all the activity.

We haven't yet stayed at VWL but enjoyed staying at the WL a few years back. The lobby is just gorgeous and the Wilderness theme is fantastic. We could hardly get my sons out of the pool.

We stayed at HH last year and found it so beautiful. Being on it's own island makes it special. Also close to restaurants and that huge HHI beach. We spent a lot of time on the pier, at the pool, walking the beach and just enjoying the serenity.

Our first stay at OKW was in December and we were very pleasantly surprised. It looks so new but the gorgous foliage has had enough time to mature into a beautiful setting. The location for us is great since we tend to walk to DD about every day. Our room was beautiful; we overlooked a quiet pool and were a few steps from our car. I loved walking around the resort just admiring the scenery.

We haven't stayed at all the DVC properties yet. VB looks like a stunning resort. Oh, to stay in one of those beach cottages! Maybe someday. And at BCV you're practically at EPCOT. Disney has done another fantastic job of designing an exquisite resort to fit into an already-developed area. I'm looking forward to what they come up with for DI and EP, they should also be a treat.

I can't think of any comments other than positive of all the DVC resorts. My only dilemma is which one to choose for each vacation so I'll just alternate through them.

Great Idea.

I have only stayed at my home resort so far. We have used the points for DCL and other on property resorts.

I want to try them all. :D

We will be staying at BCV in Sept for part of our trip.
Each location has its own charm.

We own at OKW and BWV, but we have used our points to stay at VB in a Beach Cottage, VB's equivalent to a Grand Villa. I am convinced that this is the best room available at any of the DVC resorts, hands down. It is amazing!

And while it may be true that VB doesn't have the best location, I also think that it is the "nicest" of the DVC resorts. The grounds are lush and manicured like OKW, the CMs are the best we've met, the campfire is fun, the bar was a <b>lot</b> of fun, etc. It also has the best pool of any of our resorts (until BCV opens, that is).

Our kids/grandkids are applying pressure on us to buy points at VB, and we just may do that.

Our “Home” is OKW, because that’s all there was in ’93. If all 4 WDW vacation club sites were available when we joined, I don’t know what we would have done. I find it impossible to pick one over the other. Our ‘kids’ are at the age that they don’t join us for every trip now, (finally, LOL) so we have had the chance to explore the other resorts. We have stayed at VB, BWV and VWL and loved everyone. We have a trip reserved for the newest DVC, the BCV for this summer. We hope to get to HH soon too. The best thing about the DVC is the variety.

BWV has a great location, easy access to EPCOT, MGM and loads of great places to eat. The constant activity on the boardwalk makes it such a fun place to stay. Here you just park your car and walk or use the boats to get around. It is more like staying at a deluxe hotel than a ‘home away for home’. I wish we had some points here, booking at 7 months is difficult.

VB is a wonderfully relaxing, beautiful resort. We stayed there after a week at BWV, and had a top floor OV Inn room. What a great view, good food and friendly CMs, what a way to “recover” from a week at WDW. Definitely on our “to do again list”

VWL was our choice for the week after Thanksgiving, WOW, if you can’t get in the Christmas sprit going there, you probably don’t have a pulse. The holiday decorations were great, at both the Lodge and the Villas. The resort is amazing, you look out from your room and you feel you are in the great northwest. It is very easy to get to the MK. And you have all the pluses of deluxe hotel, with the quietness and feel of a ‘home away from home’ resort. Seriously looking to add some point here.

We own at BW with a small add on at OKW.... (we love the BW)

What can I say.... OKW has large bright, airy rooms & low point costs....

VWL... the grounds are beautiful & serene...

HHI... Love the theming and the resort activities....

We haven't been to BCV's or VB

All the resorts are different - that is why they appeal to different people.

I really love them all -

HH is a very relaxing place. the rooms are great, and the rocking chairs on the baloncy. this is the first DVC that I took non-family guest too - they loved it too.

BCV - what a great location - next to my favorite park and the best swimming pool in Orlando. the rooms also seemed to be better designed that the other DVC resorts, but I won't know that until I try it in September.

I have points at OKW, BWV, VB, VWL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter