Post pics of your bag you carry into park

Just wondering which hipster you would suggest---the reg. or the mini? I have never bought any Vera Bradley so I'm not sure which one to get? Can you help?! Thanks, Jenny

Just wondering which hipster you would suggest---the reg. or the mini? I have never bought any Vera Bradley so I'm not sure which one to get? Can you help?! Thanks, Jenny

It depends on what you want to take. The mini-hipster is small and I think would start to feel really heavy if you stuffed too much in it. I have both and would have used the mini-hipster except I had to carry a bag for autographs. The hipster was comfortable to carry all day, but a little too big for what I would normally bring.

I can't find a picture of me using "my bag" I am the lady behind the camera. However I use Vera Bradley Hipster which RULES and I will tell you why. I have 3 kids 2, 5 and 8. I can get diapers, wipes, suncreen and a sippy cup in this bag. My camera also fits with bibsters and chapstick (my essential item). The front pocket is great for photo pass cards and park admission. The best thing is that it its not on your back making you sweaty and gross!!! I brought it on EVERY ride I went on and just slipped it infront of me with out even taking it off and having to deal with where to put a back pack and whos holding it. Its also small enough to fit in the pocket bag things that they have on some rides to store your stuff ie Soarin and Big Thunder Mountain. The best thing it that its hands free so I can grab kids hands and carry a sleeping baby without feeling like a pack horse! Also the pouch on the side makes a great place for kids to hold onto so as not to get lost and for those time outs when they have to stay with you as they are no longer listening....

I just bought the AmeriBag Metro New Yorker Messenger Bag on the Ebags website. I debated back & forth for hours between this one & the Baggallini Messenger Bag (MicroFiber or Eco Messenger Bag which is new). I did not like the quality look of the crinkle nylon Baggallini Bag.

The AmeriBag looks as if it will swing to the front much easer than the Baggallini & none of the customer reviews stated problems with the slipping on the shoulder strap that I have read about the Baggallini.

The Ameribag is leather on the bottom (less stains) & is also made of microfiber (water resistant). I really like the non-slip cross-body shoulder strap in comparison to the Baggallini, it looks much more comforable. It also appears to have many organization pockets, which I love !!!

Does anyone have this bag? Have they used it at Disneyworld? I will let you know what I think when it arrives on 06/30/08. We get the BEST information here on the DIS boards, so I will be sure to share with everyone !!:santa: :santa: :santa:

ameribag.jpg

Well, I had to send this bag back. The strap was not short enough. On the shortest length, it was still WAY too long. I thought maybe since it was a messenger bag, it was supposed to be that long, but it was WAY TOO LONG!! It came down way past my "bottom" area & it could not be shortened any shorter. So I am ordering the Derek Alexander Top Zip Shoulder Bag, it can be worn across the body or on the shoulder. See the link- http://www.ebags.com/derek_alexande...er_bag/product_detail/index.cfm?modelID=83720

and the photo--
Ebag.jpg

Anyone have this bag? It gets GREAT reviews on Ebags.
:santa: :santa: :santa:

After ordering a Heys TravelMate from Heys.ca I was notified they don't ship to the US. So I ordered from QVC for even less money: $19.95. It came today and I love it. I will tell you the navy blue one which says navy but looks royal blue is in fact navy. It has pockets everywhere, the strap shortens so you can make it a regular shoulder bag and it has zippers that unzip making the bag bigger if you want. I has a spot for a water bottle which I like, but if you don't have one you just zip it up and it's out of site. It has a zipper on the back that would be up against your body that seems like a good spot for money. The little pocket on the front top is for a cell phone. I have a Blackberry and it won't fit so I'll use it for sunglasses. There is a water proof pocket that I think will be great to carry paper towels and a little frozen blue ice when we go in August. I really like it. The Canada facility has this bag in leather which I'd like for other than WDW, but again, they don't ship to the US and they don't have leather in the US.

This is the bag DH wears. We love it!!! I bought it at Walmart for $12 five or six years ago in the back to school supplies section. It is small and doesn't get in the way. Yet is large enough to carry everything we need. The one strap is starting to pull or fray at the top so I have been looking for a backup/replacement for about 2 years now and can't find anything like it. I believe it is Ozark Trails brand.

If anyone finds anything compairable let me know!

I bought the bagallini last year and he vetoed it. He wants one just like the one we have and since he carries all day everyday he has the final say...
I have thought about buying one of those Camelback hydration packs and taking the bladder out of it, but they are sooo expensive and the don't have as many pockets, but they are the right size.

Costco currently has some sort of hydration backpack thingy (can't recall the brand). DH likes the feel of it, it is like a narrow backpack, has a decent amount of pockets and the hydration bladder comes out. AND it is only $20.

Although, we went to Legoland and Disneyland back to back and DH wore it both days with the bladder in it full of water and he liked to have water to sip at and the boys discovered daddy had water and sipped it too, kept them hydrated during the heat wave, so PERFECT for Florida, we actually went and bought another.

Love reading all of these posts! I too am searching for the perfect bag. I have a baggalinni messenger and it seems to work well. I used to on a trip to cancun. Now, I want the new Vera Bradley Hipster. They have redesigned it for the fall and it looks like it would work very well. It probably will not hold my camera, but I'll probably have that around my neck most of the time. We will have a stroller, so I am planning on having a backpack with clothes and ponchos in it.

I'd say it all depends on what you want/need to carry. I have a Jansport day backpack that I bought 4 years ago at Dick's Sporting Goods. The current version of it is the Odyssey daypack. I picked the one I did because we had DS4 and DD2 and had to carry everything. It has about 5 separate compartments of varying sizes so I was able to keep food, cameras, hats, clothes, etc, etc separate and easier to find. My wife won't wear it because she says it's too big for her. At first she thought it was enormous and I was crazy but after a few trips with it I think she appreciates it. I like it because it keeps my hands free and reduces the number of bags or backpacks that I have to carry. Another reason I bought it is because it has a waist band that helps lighten the load on my shoulders when it's full of stuff for plane rides.

Again, it is a bigger backpack but with 3 kids under 8 it's been great to carry all of the stuff we and they need. As they get older I'll more than likely downsize.

7X9X3 messenger bag with pockets and expandable zippers everywhere. This bag even has a pocket for wet things. And it holds a water bottle, yea! It is called the Heys Travel Mate. You can see a video about it here: http://shop.heys.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=tm01

It is also available for $24 at eBags. Lots of colors too.

This looks great, thanks for the link! I want a black one but they are out of stock right now, have asked them to email when they have one in. :banana:

This looks great, thanks for the link! I want a black one but they are out of stock right now, have asked them to email when they have one in. :banana:

You can get them at Zellers in Canada.

Just FYI you need to be careful to check that you get one that is sewn well. Both me and a friend had to exchange them after about a month of as they were coming apart, at the seams.

I bought the Vera Bradley Hipster in the Peacock print for 40% off last week at my local Hallmark. When we go to Disney this is the bag I will take. It seems to be just the right size and I like that it is in front of me rather than behind me. Vera Bradley just came out with some new prints and I want to get the new style hipster in the Puccini print.
39c2_1.JPG

I'm taking an L.L. Bean Turbo Sling Bag (Rustic Purple). I've been using it in place of my usual bag for the last few months. It's large enough for my things and the usual toddler necessities. The design and construction are excellent. I got mine for $25 on sale. My only complaint is that the interior is dark ... can be difficult to find items in the large compartment.

For reviews and pictures, check out the following. The color selection is great on-line, but limited in the store.
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&categoryId=47994&sc1=Search&feat=sr

We carried the Nike mesh day packs. They are cheapp ($12), and don't get too hot on your back. They have the added benefit of the bag checkers being able to see in your bag without having to open them, so it goes a bit quicker;)

I just bought the AmeriBag Metro New Yorker Messenger Bag on the Ebags website....
Does anyone have this bag? Have they used it at Disneyworld? I will let you know what I think when it arrives on 06/30/08. We get the BEST information here on the DIS boards, so I will be sure to share with everyone !!:santa: :santa: :santa:

ameribag.jpg

Love this bag. Used it for the first time on my last trip. It was perfectly organized for the trip and since I always wear my bags across my body, the design of this bag made wearing it cross-body very comfortable. I bearly knew I had it on and I had it packed with camera, video camera, etc. The only drawback to this bag is that is feels a little awkward when you wear it on one shoulder because of the strap design. But since I only wore it that way very occasionally, it didn't make a difference.

I don't know why more people don't use this bag.

I don't think it's waterproof, but it's some kind of nylon - it's quick dry at least ;)

I bought the Vera Bradley Hipster in the Peacock print for 40% off last week at my local Hallmark. When we go to Disney this is the bag I will take. It seems to be just the right size and I like that it is in front of me rather than behind me. Vera Bradley just came out with some new prints and I want to get the new style hipster in the Puccini print.
39c2_1.JPG

I just got the new hipster in Puccini and can't wait to use it on our trip in August. It has been redesigned and looks like it will be great. Love the new pattern!

I don't think it's waterproof, but it's some kind of nylon - it's quick dry at least ;)

I would be concerned using this as a daily park bag due to the "
Hidden magnets under lid for unique closure" as the product description states. I am a single mom, so I am responsible for carrying everything, so my park tickets/hotel cards are in my main bag. I have heard that the magnets play havoc on your park tickets/hotel cards & sometimes make them lose their information. Just a thought........:santa: :santa: :santa:

I love the Overland Equipment Placer-- basically a smaller version of the Donner. http://www.shoebuy.com/overland-equipment-placer/23555
The older styles of OE bags (including the Placer) are on sale at Sierra Trading Post right now.:thumbsup2

I put my small camera in the front pocket and my cell phone, ipod, etc. fit into the main body of the bag. My park pass/hotel key/credit cards zip in a safe mesh pocket under the front flap. My sunglasses case goes in the back open pocket. Everything is easily accessible and organized. I like the long, across body strap which is thinner than the one on the Donner.

I have (and like) the Bayliss mentioned upthread, too. It's a bit bigger and has more compartments, but lacks the open back pocket.

I try to pare everything down as much as possible to save my back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter