Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I'm nervous...

We fly in October and haven't had any changes! Booked on "opening day" and not a thing has moved! We connect through MDW on our flight down and our flight back. Our return flight is the last flight of the evening from MDW-GRR, but we are within driving distance. We don't have plans on our last day (except breakfast at Boma), but I detest the idea of a 5-6 hour layover at MDW when we are only a 3-hour drive from home...

The moved my flight for the beginning of January. Landing a whopping 5 minutes earlier. But they still gave me the option to change it. 😳

The moved my flight for the beginning of January. Landing a whopping 5 minutes earlier. But they still gave me the option to change it. 😳
I had the same thing happen for my August flights and absolutely jumped on a flight that was a better time for us but originally just too expensive to justify. If you'll give me the better, more expensive time slot for free, why thank you!!

I had the same thing happen for my August flights and absolutely jumped on a flight that was a better time for us but originally just too expensive to justify. If you'll give me the better, more expensive time slot for free, why thank you!!
I already have the flight I want, and it was the cheapest flight of the day, at least last I checked, so I'm ok with not changing it. But it was still funny how a change of 5 minutes can trigger so many things. And it's possible that they'll move it right back.

Back in April our flight at 10:55 PM got cancelled and they bumped us to a 3:25 flight. Went to check on other flights that day and they added a flight for 10:45 PM - 10 min difference. So I rebooked the 10:45 time. Always got to keep an eye on them!

I'm nervous...

We fly in October and haven't had any changes! Booked on "opening day" and not a thing has moved! We connect through MDW on our flight down and our flight back. Our return flight is the last flight of the evening from MDW-GRR, but we are within driving distance. We don't have plans on our last day (except breakfast at Boma), but I detest the idea of a 5-6 hour layover at MDW when we are only a 3-hour drive from home...

My august and October flights have not changed at all (probably cursed myself here sadly).

Agreed! For whatever reason, my 9/4 flight keeps going down after weeks of being steady/higher than opening day. I'm on my third round of changing to capture more of the travel funds back.

We have a ton of points to use, but I saw somewhere (upthread here? credit card thread?) that you can use these funds for taxes and fees, too. Definitely going to take advantage of that for our Spring Break 2023 travel.
Yes, travel funds can be used for taxes and fees. Vouchers (received when bumped or sometimes with a severely delayed flight) cannot be used for taxes and fees.

I know it's pretty standard now for SWA, but we just got a flight change notification for our connecting flight in BWI to MCO for December. Nothing too drastic but changes are happening. Just wanted to give folks a heads up to check their itineraries.
Our return trip on November 13 MCO-PIT is now leaving 15 minutes later. But the price per person also changed from $343 to $519. 🥹

We have four flights coming up for November/December. Thanks all for the reminders to check, check, check for point drops! I scored 2008 points from one flight, two have not changed and one has gone up! Cha-ching!

:cheer2:

Hum. Interesting. My flight was gone for next week and is now back. Maybe a website blip or is it a sign of things to come. It was cancelled today though. Ugh. Well I am trying to change my karma. I have been sad about the new magic bands not coming for my trip and now the flight blip. I signed up to donate blood in memory of a friend’s daughter and as part of a fund raiser for the high school band my daughter was in until graduation last may. Maybe that will reset things for me. At least it will help someone.

Hum. Interesting. My flight was gone for next week and is now back. Maybe a website blip or is it a sign of things to come. It was cancelled today though. Ugh. Well I am trying to change my karma. I have been sad about the new magic bands not coming for my trip and now the flight blip. I signed up to donate blood in memory of a friend’s daughter and as part of a fund raiser for the high school band my daughter was in until graduation last may. Maybe that will reset things for me. At least it will help someone.
The Universe will hear you.

At this point I know a number of posters must have experienced delays with SWA ...I have as well the longest delay I’ve had leaving MCO to go home was 3 hours which combine with having arrived at the airport over 2 hours early meant I sat for 5 hours and another 3 hours on the plane....Ive been checking times for my upcoming flights daily for delays/cancellations and I see that if I was flying this evening my flight would have been cancelled and the only flight available would be leaving 4 hours later and arriving at BWI well after midnight. I would have a 3 hr drive home after that! Soooo my question is this: if this scenario should actually happen to me when I come in Sept. and I decided to try and rebook my flight for next day and find a hotel to spend the night ....would I be able to retrieve my suitcase or would it just stay in airport over night and automatically be put on my flight? Up until now my flights have been cancelled before I’ve actually checked my bag in.

At this point I know a number of posters must have experienced delays with SWA ...I have as well the longest delay I’ve had leaving MCO to go home was 3 hours which combine with having arrived at the airport over 2 hours early meant I sat for 5 hours and another 3 hours on the plane....Ive been checking times for my upcoming flights daily for delays/cancellations and I see that if I was flying this evening my flight would have been cancelled and the only flight available would be leaving 4 hours later and arriving at BWI well after midnight. I would have a 3 hr drive home after that! Soooo my question is this: if this scenario should actually happen to me when I come in Sept. and I decided to try and rebook my flight for next day and find a hotel to spend the night ....would I be able to retrieve my suitcase or would it just stay in airport over night and automatically be put on my flight? Up until now my flights have been cancelled before I’ve actually checked my bag in.
I’m not sure things would be as easy as you are considering. My experience with many, many SW flights (close to 100 is my guess) us that they fly at near capacity so a cancelled flight does not necessarily mean you could be placed on the next flight. There could be many people they’re trying to accommodate so being placed on the very next flight may not happen for all.

I would guess the option to retrieve your luggage would depend on when they rebook you. I would pack extra items in your carryon of absolute necessities you may need. This is a good practice at all times as luggage being misplaced is a reality when travelling.

UGH...Im still hoping that SW will make 2 changes for our flights in October...I'm asking very nicely out into the universe that (1.) my flights are moved to an earlier flight...we currently leave at 12pm....and I'd like something slightly earlier...like lets say...7am?? :rolleyes1

and (2) I'd like my non-stop to stick around..

that's not too much to ask for, right??

:tongue:

I’m not sure things would be as easy as you are considering. My experience with many, many SW flights (close to 100 is my guess) us that they fly at near capacity so a cancelled flight does not necessarily mean you could be placed on the next flight. There could be many people they’re trying to accommodate so being placed on the very next flight may not happen for all.

I would guess the option to retrieve your luggage would depend on when they rebook you. I would pack extra items in your carryon of absolute necessities you may need. This is a good practice at all times as luggage being misplaced is a reality when travelling.
Yes. my fight back on April 3 from BWI was cancelled and I wasn’t able to get another flight for 2 days had to drive 3 hrs home and than drive back to airport 2 days later...but I hadn’t checked my luggage yet.

Yes. my fight back on April 3 from BWI was cancelled and I wasn’t able to get another flight for 2 days had to drive 3 hrs home and than drive back to airport 2 days later...but I hadn’t checked my luggage yet.
I wanted to add that once you check your luggage at the airport, you are unable to rebook your flights online or over the phone. You must stand in line with the other customers to change your booking and then head down to retrieve your luggage after. It’s a bit of a nightmare.

I wanted to add that once you check your luggage at the airport, you are unable to rebook your flights online or over the phone. You must stand in line with the other customers to change your booking and then head down to retrieve your luggage after. It’s a bit of a nightmare.
Thank you. That’s what I wanted to know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter