Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

What is this devaluation about?
There were so many points earned last year from non flight activity and so few redemptions that SW felt they needed to charge more points per dollar of redemption. It happens to just about every program occasionally, SW did almost the exact same thing in 2018, even the same percentage of devaluation.

There were so many points earned last year from non flight activity and so few redemptions that SW felt they needed to charge more points per dollar of redemption. It happens to just about every program occasionally, SW did almost the exact same thing in 2018, even the same percentage of devaluation.
Thanks

How is the WIFI on southwest flights? My daughter has virtual schooling and I am trying to see if she would be able to log in and do her classes during the flight? I have never had luck with airline wifi having a good signal. Thanks!

How is the WIFI on southwest flights? My daughter has virtual schooling and I am trying to see if she would be able to log in and do her classes during the flight? I have never had luck with airline wifi having a good signal. Thanks!
Southwest’s Wi-Fi is hit and miss.

Customers have been known to complain to Southwest about spending $8 for “worthless” Wi-Fi and subsequently receiving an apology and refund.

It won't work for classes. Even if it works well, the lag is going to kill the lesson and the upload is almost non-existent in addition to being laggy. When it works it's good for web surfing where the lag doesn't matter nearly as much.

Ive never purchased it before but we have a 45 min window between connections so Im wondering if it would help get us boarded sooner.
If you have a connecting flight you will already have an earlier BG than any people on the second flight who have not purchased EBCI. You will automatically be checked in for both flights when you check in for your first flight at the 24 hour mark.

I would recommend that you move as quickly as possible from your first flight to the second as they could begin boarding soon after your first flight lands.

Help! Ever since I clicked the low fare calendar link up thread for the mobile site I am no longer to access the ‘fill in the departure city’ page that shows you destinations that are good with current promos This page used to be the default if I clicked through my emails about current specials but now no matter what I do I cannot get to anything but the low price calendar!! And the worst part is every time I try it shows me the page I’m looking for then automatically SWITCHES to the low fare calendar before I can look or copy the url!!! Is this just me or did SWA change this for everyone? Does anyone have the url address for the page/link I am looking for?

I have googled but I am still unclear on mobile boarding passes. I have the SW app on my phone. When I check in on the app, will I be able to get mobile boarding passes for each member of my party? That I can maybe screenshot and send to my family's phones? Or do they all have to have their own app and RR#? I've seen information going both ways and the SW FAQ says everybody can get a mobile pass but they don't explain how. I can't remember how it worked when we flew in 2019.

I have googled but I am still unclear on mobile boarding passes. I have the SW app on my phone. When I check in on the app, will I be able to get mobile boarding passes for each member of my party? That I can maybe screenshot and send to my family's phones? Or do they all have to have their own app and RR#? I've seen information going both ways and the SW FAQ says everybody can get a mobile pass but they don't explain how. I can't remember how it worked when we flew in 2019.

when you request a mobile pass it’s distributed in one of 3 ways

1- on the app
2 - by text
3 - by email

with the latter two just forward the appropriate BP to your other family members and its done.

now its not a bad idea to have the adults in the party to have own copy of app and RR numbers in the event you get rescheduled or rebooked

There is also the option of having the boarding pass(es) downloaded to your phone as an image.

Steve

Help! Ever since I clicked the low fare calendar link up thread for the mobile site I am no longer to access the ‘fill in the departure city’ page that shows you destinations that are good with current promos This page used to be the default if I clicked through my emails about current specials but now no matter what I do I cannot get to anything but the low price calendar!! And the worst part is every time I try it shows me the page I’m looking for then automatically SWITCHES to the low fare calendar before I can look or copy the url!!! Is this just me or did SWA change this for everyone? Does anyone have the url address for the page/link I am looking for?
Not sure about the page you’re looking for, but can you check your browsing history and try to find the url that way?

ETA never mind... just attempted clicking a link in a promo email and it did that same thing - showed the page with the promo destinations for a brief second and then went right to the low fare calendar 😕

This message regarding CP & A-List status has been posted on the Southwest website;

Issues with A-List & Companion Pass Indicators
As of Apr 14, your Tier and Companion Pass status level and progress bars may be shown incorrectly on this page. We are working to urgently fix this issue. Confirm your correct status and progress level in the Southwest App.

This is what the status page looks like on Southwest's website, for those accounts without A-List/CP status, but mistakenly showing having earned status for both:

Screenshot 2021-04-19 at 3.54.29 PM.png

Last edited:
Officially it will be announced here on the SW site but will also be shared on this thread. We really don't know dates this year as it's much different from years in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter