Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Yes, it is COVID-related.

I don't know why, but I had the impression like this was a last min change, not an ongoing for the last year. I had not looked at airlines except to cancel. I was hoping it was a mistake or only closed for a few days.

Not available in Buffalo or at MCO a few weeks ago. If for no other reason than travel was way down. Probably not practical to have an agent there with hardly anyone flying. Maybe it will resume now that air travel is picking up.

But SW now has self serve check in Kiosks. They’re great, just scan your boarding pass or put in your confirmation number if you need to print your boarding pass. You get the luggage tags & put them on yourself, then just drop the bags with an agent & you’re on your way. It’s very easy to use.

Flying SWA, Baltimore - Orlando soon and I was wondering what the boarding process looks like now? The letter stanchions were pretty close together pre covid so I am just curious as to how they are handling this now.

I did read back a few pages to see if this was covered and didn't see anything but my apologies if this is a recurring question :)

Flying SWA, Baltimore - Orlando soon and I was wondering what the boarding process looks like now? The letter stanchions were pretty close together pre covid so I am just curious as to how they are handling this now.

I did read back a few pages to see if this was covered and didn't see anything but my apologies if this is a recurring question :)

it is the exact same as it used to be at least at Columbus and Orlando. No change to boarding any more. For awhile they boarded small groups but now it is back to 30 people standing in two rows close together

it is the exact same as it used to be at least at Columbus and Orlando. No change to boarding any more. For awhile they boarded small groups but now it is back to 30 people standing in two rows close together

Thanks!
Ugh - I thought I read somewhere it was adjusted for covid. I don't mind the boarding process but even pre covid I never felt like there was enough room in the line!

Thanks!
Ugh - I thought I read somewhere it was adjusted for covid. I don't mind the boarding process but even pre covid I never felt like there was enough room in the line!

yeah I agree. It reverted back to the old procedures very recently. I think everyone was masked that I noticed so that helps. It wasn’t too long that we stood there either which also helps. But we were packed in pretty tightly for a bit.

Same for DC (Reagan) and Milwaukee. No social distancing. People on their own accord sort of made an attempt in DC and spread out beyond the traditional markers lining up (but still close) and MKE even though the announcement said to wait until they call 1-30, everyone lined up 15 minutes earlier anyway.

Would you do it?

We are visiting HHI for the fist time in August.
We are flying from Dallas to Savannah/HHI airport. I just happened to check the flights from to Atlanta and they are about half the points than flying to Savannah/HHI!
We were planing on renting a car either way. I'm just not sure about having to drive after our flight!

Would you do it to save like 50, 000 points ?

Last edited:
Would you do it?

We are flying from Dallas to Savannah/HHI airport. I just happened to check the flights from to Atlanta and they are about half the points than flying to Savannah/HHI!
We were planing on renting a car either way. I'm just not sure about having to drive after our flight!

Would you do it to save like 500 points ?
The value of 500 Rapid Rewards points is $8.00.

Would you do it?

Would you do it to save like 50, 000 points ?

Take a look at flights into Jacksonville to see if any times work for you. Looks like they generally cost a few thousand points less than flights to Savannah in August, but about 1k per ticket more than ATL. About a 2 hour shorter drive compared to Atlanta though.

Thee is a new electrical issue discovered in some 737 Max aircraft, which affects Southwest, as well as other carriers. As Southwest has the Max scheduled to operate some flights, will you have any concerns and asked to be switched to a different flight, if your flight will operate with the Max?

New electrical issue with 737 MAX aircraft

A few pages back there was talk about getting A list offer. It was only good for new booking. I hadn't read that and someone here did say it was added to their boarding pass.

But not our's . I checked it at 24 hours and a few secs, and got B30. We did not buy early bird becasue we only booked a month ago and thought the chance of B group was just too high, and didn't want to spend $100 round trip for that.

A few pages back there was talk about getting A list offer. It was only good for new booking. I hadn't read that and someone here did say it was added to their boarding pass.

But not our's . I checked it at 24 hours and a few secs, and got B30. We did not buy early bird becasue we only booked a month ago and thought the chance of B group was just too high, and didn't want to spend $100 round trip for that.
Does your Rapid Rewards account show you as an A-List member, or does it just say “Member”?

Does your Rapid Rewards account show you as an A-List member, or does it just say “Member”?

Grrrr When I booked I forgot to put my number in and really didn't think of checking. I added it now and it DOES say Alist. Maybe it will help on the way home.

Since every email I get has the number, I didn't think twice about it.

Grrrr When I booked I forgot to put my number in and really didn't think of checking. I added it now and it DOES say Alist. Maybe it will help on the way home.

Since every email I get has the number, I didn't think twice about it.
Ahh...so there still is hope! Please report back and let us know if that resolved the problem. If there has to be a choice between A-List status on the flight down and the return, I would choose the flight home every time!

So, Jetblue changed our flight time to an unacceptable flight time and there were no other decent flight times unless we cut our trip short by a couple of days. So, we were able to get a refund based on their rules and ended up booking Southwest.

We are larger (and have mobility issues) and have booked an extra seat per their rules, which also will apparently give us preboarding, but we have to talk with a gate agent when we get there.

I know Southwest doesn't assign seats, but this about the extent of what I know about Southwest as we have never flown with them. What kind of differences can we expect between Jetblue and Southwest?

We are going from LAX to MCO with a layover each direction where we change planes if that matters.

Take a look at flights into Jacksonville to see if any times work for you. Looks like they generally cost a few thousand points less than flights to Savannah in August, but about 1k per ticket more than ATL. About a 2 hour shorter drive compared to Atlanta though.
Thank you,
Yes, it less points and 2 hours is doable

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter