Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

SW changed both my outgoing and returning flights. my return flight had me stranded in ATL???

just called to change to more desirable times AND destination - refund of $8.80 x 2 ... lol

We got a pretty good deal when we booked for Business Select during the last promo.

We just cancelled our Southwest flight. Now we are flying Delta to Detroit, and my dad is picking us up. Will gain a little time in the park, and even with a 2 hour drive home will get home earlier than we would with the Southwest flight.

There are reports of Southwest CSRs admitting to customers that the updated or new software system is changing some customers’ reservations to nonexistent flights. If you do not see your flight listed in the schedule, contact Southwest to inquire. The CSRs are advising that there are glitches popping up.

Just got red flagged for our 10/20 flight from BDL to MCO. Eliminated our non-stop getting us in at 9:55. Now going through BWI and getting in at 11:30. Not a big deal, but still looking at alternatives.
So, BDL flyers...check your itineraries for October.

Cancelled our Aug flights today due to continued border closure. :( So thankful I purchased with points as it was just a click of the mouse to cancel. Now waiting for the next flight release in Sep to try and book Jan flights for our next Disney attempt. Hopefully 3rd times the charm. This trip was booked in 2019 and it's currently scheduled for Jan 2022.

I'm sorry your trip has had to be rescheduled so many times. This uncertain time is such a bummer and takes away the excitement a little bit. We are planning a January trip too. I have my fingers crossed the border restrictions will loosen and we won't have to quarantine at home. I don't mind if we have to do the COVID test but adding an extra 10 days is a lot. I'm waiting for Southwest to open up too in September. I don't know if I can wait that long, I might have to bite the bullet and go with JetBlue or Delta.

My flight down just changed, if I cancel, will that cancel both legs and will I get my money back?

Called SW and got all my money back. We are traveling with 2 and 3 year olds and don´t want to change planes. We now have Delta nonstop; I hope they don´t change. The price was $4.00 less too, but now it´s down to Boston.

An update: Delta did cancel our nonstop, but we were able to get their earlier n/s. It is inconvenient; we have to catch a 4 am bus to the airport. I hope there aren't any more changes

Last edited:
Just got red flagged for our 10/20 flight from BDL to MCO. Eliminated our non-stop getting us in at 9:55. Now going through BWI and getting in at 11:30. Not a big deal, but still looking at alternatives.
So, BDL flyers...check your itineraries for October.
Some flights during the last week of October are now being impacted by schedule changes.
I just got a notice that my 6:40 am flight from PHL to MCO was changed to 7:35 am. So far it’s still direct. If that changes then I’m canceling because I’m not doing a lay over for a 2 1/2 hr flight

My flight from MCO to BWI on 10/23 was changed, but only by 15 minutes. We were leaving at 7:55pm, but it got moved up to 7:40pm. Hopefully, that holds.

I’ve been watching a flight in mid September and it’s gone down in price in increments a few times - by $10, then $5 then $15 and now another $5. Any guesses on if it will go down more? Is there any rhyme or reason to price drops or are they trying to unload inventory? Need to redo some plans after they jacked up my perfect weekend trip flight times!

Southwest responds to complaints about cancellations and delays.

Southwest promises to do better.

Sounded like a lot of lip service to me. No explanation for why they are changing flights well into October now. No explanation for cutting flights from so many cities even now. No explanation for moving flights by 15 minutes then changing flight numbers & moving passengers because of it.

Sounded like a lot of lip service to me. No explanation for why they are changing flights well into October now. No explanation for cutting flights from so many cities even now. No explanation for moving flights by 15 minutes then changing flight numbers & moving passengers because of it.
I agree!

Some flights during the last week of October are now being impacted by schedule changes.

We got an email last night that our 10/29 flight to Vegas was changed. Not a big deal as it only changed by 25 mins (8:15pm departure to 8:40pm departure), but the flight # changed as well. Just hope there aren't any more changes between now and then.

Hello! I ended up booking our last night at MCO, otherwise we would have been coming home at 9:45am on our last day.

So now we have a 6:40 am flight home. If we’re staying at The Hyatt, what time would you suggest we head down to check in for our flight?

Hello! I ended up booking our last night at MCO, otherwise we would have been coming home at 9:45am on our last day.

So now we have a 6:40 am flight home. If we’re staying at The Hyatt, what time would you suggest we head down to check in for our flight?
I would say 5:30. But that is based on my own risk tolerance and experience being Precheck at MCO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter