Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Ok, I'm 11 days out from our direct flight to MCO on SW. What are the chances that SW will change our flight before then? I don't know what the latest is they typically make changes, but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that everything sticks as-is.
Someone just a few posts above yours mentioned that they changed their flight less than 4 hours prior to departure. SW is changing flights often so I would keep a close eye on them daily and be prepared to action if they change yours.

After checking in on this thread, I logged into check on DH's June flight (he's leaving a different day than the rest of us) and no red banner. But when I searched available flights and to also check price, the flight times were all different and sure enough, when I went into the details, his flight had a message above it for a free change.

With the recent (I think? Website seems different to me than when I flew in March) redesign, it wasn't as clear to see.

Southwest is still making schedule and reservation changes, so beware!

For the second time, recently, they have removed an originating flight on a connecting itinerary. How do they expect the customer to catch the connection, if they deleted the flight to the connection point? Half of the trip was deleted. :rolleyes1

Last edited:
We choose to fly out of an airport 1.5 hours away for the nonstops (MHT), instead of the airport 15 minutes from us. But two days we got a note that our departing flight is no longer nonstop (12pm-4pm) and is now a layover that lands past 9pm.

So I hustled to book a one-night room so we could fly a day earlier on a nonstop.

Then today we get an alert that our returning flight is no longer nonstop and lands at 10:30pm. So I switched it to the only remaining nonstop that day, at 9am.

I’m wondering if I just push to move our tickets to our local airport with the layover annoyances because the chance of the nonstops sticking at the other airport are crappy.

I’d rather have crap takeoff times (5am) and layovers and be closer to home than better departure times and layovers but be 1.5 hours from home. :/

SW is changing flights often so I would keep a close eye on them daily and be prepared to action if they change yours.

Definitely check daily. My cousin and her family are flying MDW-SFO and then LAX-MDW end of June. The MDW-SFO flight was changed from 9:35pm departure to 8:35pm departure, which she received an email showing the change. The return flight, however, was completely cancelled and they were put on a flight leaving 1.5 hrs later. She just happened to be checking to see if fares had gone down when she noticed her flight was gone. She immediately checked her email but had nothing regarding the cancellation. She did eventually receive an email, but it was hours after noticing that her flight disappeared.

Definitely check daily. My cousin and her family are flying MDW-SFO and then LAX-MDW end of June. The MDW-SFO flight was changed from 9:35pm departure to 8:35pm departure, which she received an email showing the change. The return flight, however, was completely cancelled and they were put on a flight leaving 1.5 hrs later. She just happened to be checking to see if fares had gone down when she noticed her flight was gone. She immediately checked her email but had nothing regarding the cancellation. She did eventually receive an email, but it was hours after noticing that her flight disappeared.
It is definitely a good idea to check your upcoming reservations daily, and even several times a day, for travel within the next few months. This week is bringing daily changes and the dropping or time adjustments of many flights. The email notifications are hit and miss. Even if you eventually receive notification of a change, your preferred new flight may already be sold out, by the time the notification is seen.

My trip is coming up on May 22.

Has anyone who received the email for the A-List promo offer for flights through June 30, who had booked their flights before registering for the A-List offer, flown yet? Did you have to check in at 24 hours and were you in fact A-List? The wording on the promo made it sound as if A-List only applied to flights booked after registering for the promo, but I was told by a Southwest rep that as long as A-List shows on your account, that you are A-List for your flight. Do I just assume I'm A-List since it shows on my account, or should I check in at 24 hours anyway?

Ack.... just lost 2 hours of park on my return day... SW is changing flights again :crazy2:
Chicago-MDW

Same here. Our return flight on 6/8 now departs 2 hours earlier. We weren't planning on a park that day, but our tradition is to have a TS breakfast that morning, which we won't have time for now -- moved our breakfast to the day before.

My flight down there at the end of May was changed about 3-4 weeks ago to an hour later.

I'm really hoping that's the end of the changes, but I will keep an eye out (I luckily received an email both times regarding the changes). Thankfully they're non-stop flights.

Yesterday I received an email that my nonstop 6:00am flight to MCO was now leaving at 5:35am. No problem for us.

This morning I received an email that our return nonstop 3:20pm flight was changed to a flight with one stop leaving at 4:00pm, arriving at 11:00pm. I was able to switch to 6:15pm departure still arriving at 11:00pm.

After reading these comments, I’m concerned my flights could get switched again.

So I also got the red banner due to a flight change. Originally it was a “wanna get away” fare. The time I want to change it to says “unavailable.” However, when I look, they have “anytime” fares available for that flight.
Has anyone had any luck calling and getting SW to allow you to switch a similar flight?

So I also got the red banner due to a flight change. Originally it was a “wanna get away” fare. The time I want to change it to says “unavailable.” However, when I look, they have “anytime” fares available for that flight.
Has anyone had any luck calling and getting SW to allow you to switch a similar flight?
It is definitely worth calling and asking.
Best of luck!

a couple of days ago I had the same unavailable issue. I called and while I waited on hold I kept trying to change it and it finally allowed me to make the change so I was able to hang up before anyone came on. I think they were changing my flights behind the scenes while I was trying to make my own change because about a half hour later I got an email that they had changed my itinerary and gave me the new flight (which happened to be the flight I had just changed to).

Do you know how many Anytime seats are available (search your itinerary as a new booking, looking for one seat, then keep increasing the number, till the space shows unavailable). If there only are one or two open seats, you may have a more difficult time. At any rate, I suggest contacting Southwest via social media, sending a DM, noting your confirmation number, full name, and DOB to verify your identity. Tell them what date/flight number you prefer. Do not even mention that you checked availability. The social media team belongs to Customer Relations, so those CSRs have more ability to do overrides, as a customer accommodation.

As always, being polite and appreciative go a long way.

Has anyone had any luck being rebooked into a higher fare class at no change in fare? Yes...on a rebooking that Southwest really messed up with a silly inexcusable error.

Hope it works out. Please let us know if you had any luck.

It looks like SW just made major changes in early July. Our early July flights were affected (and we have the change banner). No changes yet for mid July flight (no change banner).

Last edited:
Ugh, we got the dreaded flight change e-mail. Went from non stop to one stop. Had to change airports to get what we wanted. Totally unusual as we've never had a flight change after booking on Southwest before. They are usually super consistent.

It is definitely worth calling and asking.
Best of luck!
a couple of days ago I had the same unavailable issue. I called and while I waited on hold I kept trying to change it and it finally allowed me to make the change so I was able to hang up before anyone came on. I think they were changing my flights behind the scenes while I was trying to make my own change because about a half hour later I got an email that they had changed my itinerary and gave me the new flight (which happened to be the flight I had just changed to).
Do you know how many Anytime seats are available (search your itinerary as a new booking, looking for one seat, then keep increasing the number, till the space shows unavailable). If there only are one or two open seats, you may have a more difficult time. At any rate, I suggest contacting Southwest via social media, sending a DM, noting your confirmation number, full name, and DOB to verify your identity. Tell them what date/flight number you prefer. Do not even mention that you checked availability. The social media team belongs to Customer Relations, so those CSRs have more ability to do overrides, as a customer accommodation.

As always, being polite and appreciative go a long way.

Has anyone had any luck being rebooked into a higher fare class at no change in fare? Yes...on a rebooking that Southwest really messed up with a silly inexcusable error.

Hope it works out. Please let us know if you had any luck.
So I actually decided to just add on another day to our trip anyway. So now we have an extra day to enjoy 😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter