Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I received an email last night saying our flights on 7/17 were changed and I was given the opportunity to change them. But the only thing that looks like it was changed was the flight number. The times are still the same. ‍♂️

It sure feels like all the cancellations are done for now. I keep checking our flights and they all still have tickets for sale.

I received an email last night saying our flights on 7/17 were changed and I was given the opportunity to change them. But the only thing that looks like it was changed was the flight number. The times are still the same. ‍♂️
I got this same email. Our 8/3 flight to MCO changed flight numbers, but kept the same time.

Anyone else get an error message when trying to look at the flight details on an upcoming flight? I cannot see my flight info going to Orlando at all. No matter how I try to pull it up on the app or the website. I just get an error message. I can see I have a flight but that is all (on the app). I can see the details of my return flight. I called and they verified my flight info but if I wanted to change anything I can’t because I have absolutely no way to pull up my reservation. I just hope I can check in for the flight - although I guess it isn’t a big deal since we did early bird (thankfully!)
Having the same issue with a flight that I also modified to a cheaper price. I can see the reservation on the desktop site but can't do anything to do. If I click change reservation, I get an error code with a long error code. I can't see it on the app either. Another flight I have is fine.

I actually just called and tried to add middle names to those tickets but he said to do it when we were 30 days out. I didn't mention the issue of the app. I needed to add the middle names because we just applied for precheck and I will need to add our numbers to our tickets and the names have to have the middle names.

From doing some digging on Google, I read that we may not be able to check in online. We also have early bird so hopefully that works like it should. I guess we would have to print boarding passes at the airport. Someone online mentioned you could call in and making sure you are checked in at the 24 hour mark.

This is just making me worry because that's what I do! :badpc:

Having the same issue with a flight that I also modified to a cheaper price. I can see the reservation on the desktop site but can't do anything to do. If I click change reservation, I get an error code with a long error code. I can't see it on the app either. Another flight I have is fine.

I actually just called and tried to add middle names to those tickets but he said to do it when we were 30 days out. I didn't mention the issue of the app. I needed to add the middle names because we just applied for precheck and I will need to add our numbers to our tickets and the names have to have the middle names.

From doing some digging on Google, I read that we may not be able to check in online. We also have early bird so hopefully that works like it should. I guess we would have to print boarding passes at the airport. Someone online mentioned you could call in and making sure you are checked in at the 24 hour mark.

This is just making me worry because that's what I do! :badpc:

Interesting. I feel exactly like you do. Good thing we have early bird!

To those who are having Southwest concerns and issues and are not able to get resolution by calling Southwest or simply can't wait on hold too long, you may be able to get more prompt assistance on Twitter. They can't resolve all issues, but I have had success, recently, with a problem.

Be prepared to DM your confirmation number and the problem or question for which you need assistance. They usually respond to your initial tweet very quickly.

https://twitter.com/SouthwestAir/with_replies

To those who are having Southwest concerns and issues and are not able to get resolution by calling Southwest or simply can't wait on hold too long, you may be able to get more prompt assistance on Twitter. They can't resolve all issues, but I have had success, recently, with a problem.

Be prepared to DM your confirmation number and the problem or question for which you need assistance. They usually respond to your initial tweet very quickly.

https://twitter.com/SouthwestAir/with_replies

Good idea. I just sent them a message

Good idea. I just sent them a message
Let us know what you find out. I just used Facebook messenger to add middle names to our SW accounts because I read if they aren't on there it could mess up precheck. Now just to wait until 30 days out to add the middle names to the tickets.

Let us know what you find out. I just used Facebook messenger to add middle names to our SW accounts because I read if they aren't on there it could mess up precheck. Now just to wait until 30 days out to add the middle names to the tickets.

I will comment if I hear anything from them.

I will comment if I hear anything from them.

Someone named Heather just confirmed that we were still scheduled for the flight but she didn’t address the error message. I did then comment that I can probably assume the error message will always be there and ask if she thinks I can check in for the flight and she hasn’t replied to that yet. I am not hopeful for an answer since she probably has no idea but if she does say anything about it I will post her reply

We have flown with Southwest over a hundred times and never entered our middle names. Never had any problems. We use our Nexus cards to check in and they do have our middle names on them but I've never used them with Southwest.

Has anyone have insight into EB booking with SW switching flights around? I know generally you go to the bottom of the list when you switch flights but with SW being the one cancelling and rescheduling, I was hoping it wouldn’t effect my group to much. I paid for EB when I purchased our flights back in October, cancelled and rebooked a few weeks back. Huge time difference.

Here was my experience. When southwest changed our flight, EB was dropped from both my and my companions flights (flight April 21, MCO-ISP). I called because they changed us to flights that didn't work, and got us switched to a different acceptable flight. I told the agent we had paid for early bird and she told me she could see that and that it would be put back on the flights. I expressed concern about our place in line and she basically told me she didn't know if it would backdate to when we originally purchased. Nice.

Well when I went to check our new flights, EB wasn't showing up for either of us. Great. I should have called back right away but couldn't take the time at work. Mine ended up reconnecting on its own, but my husband's never did. I had to call back to get his fixed.

Long story short, I got A22 and he got A46. So I think because mine connected itself, it backdated, but because his was done manually, it didn't. Who knows though. And yes both of our EB were purchased originally at the same time.

Edit to add: we had no issue getting our preferred exit row. The guy that ended up in the aisle seat next to me boarded in the C group. That was nuts!

Has Southwest changed their policies? I went to change my flight, because the price dropped and it will only let me change it, but I can't get a credit any longer. These are Wanna Get Away flights that I have previously changed and gotten a credit on.Screenshot 2019-04-26 at 7.16.31 AM.pngScreenshot 2019-04-26 at 7.19.36 AM.png

Has Southwest changed their policies? I went to change my flight, because the price dropped and it will only let me change it, but I can't get a credit any longer. These are Wanna Get Away flights that I have previously changed and gotten a credit on.View attachment 397002View attachment 397003

That looks like a message for people who are changing because of the max 8 issues. They can change their flights without paying an increase in flight price. If you are changing to a lower price, the policy is still the same. No change fee & credit must be used by 1 year from original purchase date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter