Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Make an account for them with their rewards number and you will see their points. You can book anyone on those points. It can be them or you or all of you with one persons points. I book my daughter and I all the time with my points.

We all have accounts with points from previous trips. I'm wondering how I use the kid's points, since It's my understanding that I can only use my points when booking our flights.

We all have accounts with points from previous trips. I'm wondering how I use the kid's points, since It's my understanding that I can only use my points when booking our flights.

you would make a log in account (if you don't have one already) for each person and then book them separately using their points or if they have more than enough for 2 flights, book 2 people. If they don't have enough for 1 flight yet, then either pay to transfer them or wait till they accumulate more.

you would make a log in account (if you don't have one already) for each person and then book them separately using their points or if they have more than enough for 2 flights, book 2 people. If they don't have enough for 1 flight yet, then either pay to transfer them or wait till they accumulate more.

Got it, thanks!

Well, the flight schedule for SW opened this morning for flights till the end of September, and I was able to book our flights. It was a huge mess as although the message changed to saying the schedule was open, and you could select the dates. But when you searched there were no flights available. SW kept tweeting that it could take hours for the flights schedules to finish loading. I started checking at 6am, the message changed at around 6:30am. But could not see flights for September until 8:15am.

Everything worked out ok though, we got great priced flights with good times that are nonstop both ways. So we are tickled!

Southwest posted the next release of dates, which is what I need for my October trip:

We are currently accepting air reservations through September 29, 2017. On March 16, 2017 we will open our schedule for sale through November 3, 2017. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

Well, the flight schedule for SW opened this morning for flights till the end of September, and I was able to book our flights. It was a huge mess as although the message changed to saying the schedule was open, and you could select the dates. But when you searched there were no flights available. SW kept tweeting that it could take hours for the flights schedules to finish loading. I started checking at 6am, the message changed at around 6:30am. But could not see flights for September until 8:15am.

Everything worked out ok though, we got great priced flights with good times that are nonstop both ways. So we are tickled!

I had a similar experience with the 'no flights available' until a little after 8:00 am EST, when they became available. I was able to get a pretty good deal to/from LAX for first trip to DLR in 33 years. By an odd coincidence, yesterday I got an email from Southwest offering a 40% bonus on points purchased for cash. That purchase plus my existing points worked out to a roundtrip DTW-LAX for about $231 (including the 'security fee').

I also got up to start checking at 6:20. Then again at 7:00. Finally they were there around 8:00. Slightly higher than last time we booked at opening but managed to settle on non-stops going down for well under $100 (just not our first choice of times). Now we have to wait for March 16th to book our return flights on Oct 1st.

Today was interesting lol. I work from home, so it wasn't too bad but still annoying having to refresh and check the page for over 2 hours. The website was still glitchy even making the purchase. We ended up booking exactly the times we hoped for and the price wasn't as bad as we thought. $134 each way from PHL to MCO, both nonstop flights. We got the 6:05am going and 2pm going home. I was surprised to see how few nonstop flights they had this year. The earliest nonstop going home was at 2pm, last year they had a 9am flight but we wanted a little bit of a later flight coming home this time anyway. Glad we got them booked and we purchased EBCI. Now it is really official!

I too had the no flights available issue but I was not happy with the prices! In April from BUF to MCO you can get flights as low as $79 each way. In September, the cheapest flight was $132 each way :(. Not happy!

Today was interesting lol. I work from home, so it wasn't too bad but still annoying OOPhaving to refresh and check the page for over 2 hours. The website was still glitchy even making the purchase. We ended up booking exactly the times we hoped for and the price wasn't as bad as we thought. $134 each way from PHL to MCO, both nonstop flights. We got the 6:05am going and 2pm going home. I was surprised to see how few nonstop flights they had this year. The earliest nonstop going home was at 2pm, last year they had a 9am flight but we wanted a little bit of a later flight coming home this time anyway. Glad we got them booked and we purchased EBCI. Now it is really official!

Looking at new dates released this morning, I am not happy about less nonstops overall and no evening nonstops from PHL to MCO(and EWR) and back. While I am not planning a trip currently, I am helping my cousin, who wants to fly down early and back late to get the most out of arrival and departure days, as we usually do. I saw 6:00 am flight out of EWR in late Aug. for $82 (awesome!) which he was able to book , but there were no nonstops after 4 pm in either direction. A year ago in Dec. we flew back around 5:30 pm. Not thrilled if this is their new schedule, since we always fly SW for the luggage and no change fees, and do not want to have to take 4-5 hrs to get to MCO, and possibly lose luggage along the way, just to be able to fly at the times we want. Have usually found them to be the best price and times have been good choices as well. Sorry - just had to vent!

Looking at new dates released this morning, I am not happy about less nonstops overall and no evening nonstops from PHL to MCO(and EWR) and back. While I am not planning a trip currently, I am helping my cousin, who wants to fly down early and back late to get the most out of arrival and departure days, as we usually do. I saw 6:00 am flight out of EWR in late Aug. for $82 (awesome!) which he was able to book , but there were no nonstops after 4 pm in either direction. A year ago in Dec. we flew back around 5:30 pm. Not thrilled if this is their new schedule, since we always fly SW for the luggage and no change fees, and do not want to have to take 4-5 hrs to get to MCO, and possibly lose luggage along the way, just to be able to fly at the times we want. Have usually found them to be the best price and times have been good choices as well. Sorry - just had to vent!

I was a bit disappointed also that there were no SW nonstops posted on a weekday evening from PHL to MCO. We're going at almost the exact same time that we did last year in late September and then we had a Southwest flight that was scheduled for about 7:00 (on a side note, that flight wound up leaving at 10:30, but SW gave us each $200 vouchers, which is part of the reason I want to fly Southwest this time). For this year, we wound up taking an extra half day vacation and will leave at 4:00, which is SW's last direct flight of the day.

I should also point out that not long after the Southwest schedule came out, American magically changed their fares to match Southwest and there is (at least was) a couple flights leaving PHL in the evening. Of course, you have to pay luggage, but it isn't awful. If I didn't have the voucher to use, I'd probably go down on American and back on Southwest.

I was a bit disappointed also that there were no SW nonstops posted on a weekday evening from PHL to MCO. We're going at almost the exact same time that we did last year in late September and then we had a Southwest flight that was scheduled for about 7:00 (on a side note, that flight wound up leaving at 10:30, but SW gave us each $200 vouchers, which is part of the reason I want to fly Southwest this time). For this year, we wound up taking an extra half day vacation and will leave at 4:00, which is SW's last direct flight of the day.

I should also point out that not long after the Southwest schedule came out, American magically changed their fares to match Southwest and there is (at least was) a couple flights leaving PHL in the evening. Of course, you have to pay luggage, but it isn't awful. If I didn't have the voucher to use, I'd probably go down on American and back on Southwest.

Good to know! Thanks! Yes, we have also previously flown late going down to check in on the last day of free dining promo, and were able to fly around 7 - as you mentioned, easier to avoid work/school timing issues.

The lack of non-stop flights back really concerns me! We usually get an evening non-stop in order to have as much of the day at Disney as possible. It also means 5 1/2 hours of travel vs 2 1/2 hours. And I HATE taking off in the plane, so a non-stop has always been a must. Now I'll have to weigh staying later vs. ease of getting home!

Can someone clear this up for me? If I purchase EBCI do I have to log in and do the check in or does the SW system automatically check me in?

Can someone clear this up for me? If I purchase EBCI do I have to log in and do the check in or does the SW system automatically check me in?

System checks you in, but you still need to log in and print the boarding passes.

System checks you in, but you still need to log in and print the boarding passes.
thank you. I purchased EBCI in 2014 for our first wdw trip and I manually had to check in, not sure if I gooded up or what, but that lead to my confusion.

We just got our SW card in Jan... we got the 50,000 points. We are trying to get companion pass, We are about book a flight for the summer..... do we need to pay with the card to get more points or can we pay with our points and still get points toward our companion pass?

We just got our SW card in Jan... we got the 50,000 points. We are trying to get companion pass, We are about book a flight for the summer..... do we need to pay with the card to get more points or can we pay with our points and still get points toward our companion pass?

Only get points on purchases..not when booked on points

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter