Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Agreed jenseib, and I have one at home. But I'm not home and cannot purchase another right now. Hoping someone will have the answer!

Looking forward to SW release dates for summer. I have been waiting for so long. I cannot finish planning my trip until the flights schedules and pricing are released.

I just got an email that I qualified for Companion Pass. I know I did at the end of 2015 and used it in 2016, but I didn't think I was even close this year. When I click on a link in the email to name my companion, the site tells me I haven't qualified. So I guess I'll not get excited until they get their end of year things sorted out. Wasn't planning on flying this year, in order to save points for 2018, but this may tip the scales if it's true. We could plan a vacation according to where the low fares are...

Anybody else get one that may be in error?

I just got an email that I qualified for Companion Pass. I know I did at the end of 2015 and used it in 2016, but I didn't think I was even close this year. When I click on a link in the email to name my companion, the site tells me I haven't qualified. So I guess I'll not get excited until they get their end of year things sorted out. Wasn't planning on flying this year, in order to save points for 2018, but this may tip the scales if it's true. We could plan a vacation according to where the low fares are...

Anybody else get one that may be in error?

The Points Guy just posted a story on Facebook that SW did send a bunch of these out mistakenly.

Do you need to be a rapid rewards member to use a travel credit, or will it be linked to each persons name (there will be multiple people flying)? Taking a trip to Denver in the summer, not sure whether to book today or wait a bit. I wouldn't expect a big drop anyway but even $20/30 each way for 5 people makes a big difference. I thought they always said flights go down a bit after first released. We won't be flying anywhere, but there is a slight possibility that we may make a Disney trip next January (if not, it'll be after the year purchasing date).

Travel credit on SWA is always linked to each individual person and can only be used by the person whose name is listed on the the original ticket. In other words you could not use a credit that has someone elses name on it to purchase a ticket in your name. Having a RR acct is a great idea and it is free to join. RR acct will keep track of each passenger flight itinerary provided you sign into that person acct or add that person RR number to the itinerary and it is a good tool to locate the credit if you need to call customer service. Flights a usually 90% cheaper the day they are releases because SWA will allocate a certain number of seats at the rock bottom prices ie: the first 25 seats bought maybe the cheapest you ever see for that flight. so its up to you as to when you want to buy

Shelly, is there a way to add my daughter's itinerary so that I can see it when I am logged in? I have my trip and on of my daughter's booked with my account so they both show up when I log in, but my other daughter's trip was booked with my husbands points, so I have to use his log in to see it. Is there a way to add it to my trip/itinerary as well? We are all on the same flight! Thanks!

Travel credit on SWA is always linked to each individual person and can only be used by the person whose name is listed on the the original ticket. In other words you could not use a credit that has someone elses name on it to purchase a ticket in your name. Having a RR acct is a great idea and it is free to join. RR acct will keep track of each passenger flight itinerary provided you sign into that person acct or add that person RR number to the itinerary and it is a good tool to locate the credit if you need to call customer service. Flights a usually 90% cheaper the day they are releases because SWA will allocate a certain number of seats at the rock bottom prices ie: the first 25 seats bought maybe the cheapest you ever see for that flight. so its up to you as to when you want to buy

Is the restriction of four forms of payment per person or per itinerary (confirmation #)? For example, two of us are flying: each of us has an LUV voucher from a delayed flight last year + I have two credits from fare drops that I'd like to use + there will still be some balance, so I'll use a credit card for that. So the 2 vouchers, 2 credits and the credit card add up to 5 payment methods. Will that work, or will I need to split us into two different itineraries?

Is the restriction of four forms of payment per person or per itinerary (confirmation #)? For example, two of us are flying: each of us has an LUV voucher from a delayed flight last year + I have two credits from fare drops that I'd like to use + there will still be some balance, so I'll use a credit card for that. So the 2 vouchers, 2 credits and the credit card add up to 5 payment methods. Will that work, or will I need to split us into two different itineraries?

split. 4 things includes the credit card

We always get group B but the first half, and we can usually get 3 seats together closer to the back.

Generally the EBCI will end somewhere in the low B's for most MCO flights. If you can check in at exactly T-24, you will likely get a low B (right after the EBCI). You will sometimes get lucky and get a "fill the gap" number like A24 if an a-lister or EBCI had cancelled their flight. If you check in at t-23.75, you will likely get high B's.

OK, does anyone understand the WDWRESORT promo code on Southwest Vacations? Go to Southwest.com and go up to "special offers" then click on "vacations" and see the "Limited time at Disney World theme parks" click on that and read the special offer. When you enter your information with that promo code are you not getting the package deal which includes flight +hotel + magic tickets?? because you cannot add them separately. These are different than the usual park tickets. The promo says it is applied to my reservation (which I haven't booked yet- because I NEED TO KNOW what exactly this promo code means!) Can anyone shed some light on this?

So when will SW release summer pricing? They currently they have the sale only thru May 31. I got a decent pricing going down in end of June but horrible pricing for returns in July. :sad2:

They do have their birthday sale in mid to late May but other than that there is no so called "summer pricing" The news said airfare this summer would be higher than normal so I don't see the prices going down.

Any ideas/guestimates of when booking for mid Oct will be open? It appears you can book through the first week of Aug. now. Or is there an historical calendar/website to check this? TIA! :goodvibes

Any ideas/guestimates of when booking for mid Oct will be open? It appears you can book through the first week of Aug. now. Or is there an historical calendar/website to check this? TIA! :goodvibes

You can check here for the next release date.:-)
https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/index.html?clk=GFOOTER-FLY-FLTSCHEDULES

We are currently accepting air reservations through August 14, 2017. On February 23, 2017 we will open our schedule for sale through September 29, 2017. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

So, to get a credit do I just click on change flight, put in the info and pick the same flight? Prices went down about $20 and just want to make sure and not want to mess something up.

EDIT- well, it's not going to work anyway. It only went down for 1 ticket, but having 5 tickets they actually went up.

So, to get a credit do I just click on change flight, put in the info and pick the same flight? Prices went down about $20 and just want to make sure and not want to mess something up.

EDIT- well, it's not going to work anyway. It only went down for 1 ticket, but having 5 tickets they actually went up.

You can call and have them reprice one ticket over the phone. Also, this is why I always book all flights separately. 5 PNR's can be a pain, but easier to reprice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter