Possibly changing resorts

dachsie

DIS Veteran
So I am possibly changing my resort in Dec from GDT to Old Key West with a DVC rental. I have searched and cannot find an information thread on this resort. Is there one that I am somehow missing?

Can anyone tell me about this resort other than its DVC? I know it has Olivia's as well.

This is my favorite resort to stay in when I rent DVC points. Laid back feeling, beautiful views of the river and golf course, when the boats are running - a great trip to Disney Springs. I LOVE this place. I"m happy to answer questions if you have any.

It's a DVC resort, so you'll find it on the DVC boards. It does not have any hotel associated with it. Most of the buildings do not have elevators, so you might have to use the stairs to get to your villa.

It's a great resort. I would say when renting points, it gets a very high "overall experience" score for the price you pay.

I feel that a car is essential however as it would not be very fun for me to have to wait for an internal bus every time i wanted to use the gym/pool/QS food/etc. I actually really liked being able to park right outside our villa. We didn't mind hopping in our car to go to the pool. I believe all buildings except for 1 have dedicated parking, so I just requested any building but that one. I am forgetting what blog I found this info on.

The bar (Gurgling Suitcase) isn't really a pool bar, it's a bar just fairly close to the pool. Sometimes I felt weird waiting for a drink in a bikini when people were fully clothed next to me, but that is just me. They said that when they are busier they do poolside service, just not during our trip.

We did Olivia's for breakfast and it was solid. Think more comfort food.

I knew this going in to it that all studios have 2 double (or queen??) beds. We prefer rooms with 1 king but it was fine.

OKW studios all have two real queen beds, no sleeper sofa. No murphy beds for kids. It seems big, but it really isn't. You can hop any bus (might be a bit harder with covid now) and get off at the Hospitality House. Then you walk over to the Peninsular Rd bus stop across the bridge and take a bus back to your area. Or take the walk since it's a very pleasant place to walk. Just make sure you stay on the sidewalk and not walk along the roadway. From the HH, it might take you ten minutes to walk to South Point. So a car isn't really all that essential. It can be hard to park at the HH area because there aren't that many parking spaces there; most are short term parking, like 30 minutes to check in. If you park at one of the buildings close to the HH, you are taking up parking spaces for the guests in that area. There are three other leisure pools besides the themed pool at the HH.

We've owned points at OKW for 23 years and stayed there maybe 30 times. It's our favorite.

OKW is my home DVC resort. I love the relaxed atmosphere, decor, larger rooms and parking at the front door. Very lovely resort with golf course and short boat ride to Disney Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter