Possible add on

ArmyChaplain Matt

Earning My Ears
Joined
Mar 9, 2019
so we own 150 BWV - June, 75 CCV (direct) April and 160 SSR February, possibly looking to add on but just stumped where to go next!! BWV is food and wine, CCV studio at christmas mostly and then SSR is SAP. Staying at riviera next month first time and that may push us over the edge, but can’t decide what to do next. I want more points to be able to book Riviera, but i don’t want to go resale riviera and not be able to book 14OG. We love BCV but already have a 2042 resort. Help!!! Don’t want BLT, Poly, AKL possibly VGF but if we did that would probably wait for new building and direct cost!! Would love more for CCV for cabins but we paid $172/direct when first opened and of course should have bought more to begin with!! Military so planning 11 months isn’t always ideal so that’s my hesitation with resale Riviera
 

princesscinderella

DIS Veteran
Joined
May 27, 2011
Maybe a fixed week direct at RIV for 4th of July? Not sure if that’s your travel pattern but you could always use them as regular points.
 

Sandisw

DVC Forums
Moderator
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Tough decision because there are only two ways to currently get more points for RIV…one is restricted resale and the other is the more expensive direct route.

We are in the process of buying RIV resale but we have 675 other points for L14 resorts when we need them..which include 175 at RIV giving us 300 for that resort.

Just based on what you said, I would wait until you stay at RIV, and then decide because then you will know for sure how important having more qualified points will be.

Sounds like CCV makes the best sense for resale right now, or getting RIV or VGf2 direct.

Good luck.
 

davidl81

DIS Veteran
Joined
Aug 12, 2008
See how much you like RIV as that can help with your decision. You could do RIV resale to save some money, but I personally would not (mostly because I want my points to book O14 including Aulani, and the RIV point chart scares me). If you love RIV when you stay there direct RIV is not a horrible deal. If not then it’s a tough choice. I’m a big fan of SSR for SAP in general though.
 

RoseGold

DIS Veteran
Joined
Jan 21, 2020
If you aren't using priority, then I don't see why you would buy RIV points or buy direct at all. Except for RIV and DL tower, there will be nothing new, non-O14 for years. Riv has millons of unsold points and already requires priority now for a lot of bookings. That will get worse as it sells through or there is more locked down resale.

Buying direct RIV to use for SAP points is expensive, and you already have direct points you could use if you really want to try RIV.

Resale SAP is the obvious choice to me, because you aren't using the priority window anyway. Lots of CCV I would consider at SAP cost, and resale is much less commitment than buying direct.
 

kandlsutton

Mouseketeer
Joined
May 22, 2019
Resale SAP is the obvious choice to me, because you aren't using the priority window anyway. Lots of CCV I would consider at SAP cost, and resale is much less commitment than buying direct.
We have been watching CCV closely as we are debating adding on small contract to use every other year. Curious about your reasoning for using CCV as SAP with many listings exceeding $175pp. Unlike 6 months ago, it’s hard to find anything listed under $160pp and the maintenace fees are higher than the monorail resorts.
 

RoseGold

DIS Veteran
Joined
Jan 21, 2020
We have been watching CCV closely as we are debating adding on small contract to use every other year. Curious about your reasoning for using CCV as SAP with many listings exceeding $175pp. Unlike 6 months ago, it’s hard to find anything listed under $160pp and the maintenace fees are higher than the monorail resorts.
CCV is one of the only ones out there that still has loaded contracts right this moment. In the straight line SAP math used by the board sponsor, it's one of the top values, especially if you buy well. Obviously, we can argue about the accuracy of this math, but of the top 6-7 in this math, CCV is the only one I would buy right now, mostly because resale is so tight. And OP said they like CCV, so there's that.

Sure, in a more normal market, I'd consider any of the WDW resorts near the top. The right contract can easily shift the math, particularly loaded contracts, and they all work the same for SAP. And my timeframe is shorter than most, so I view longer contracts as being easy to get out of close enough to cost and holding their value in a decade long timeframe, and I don't care about small dues differences in a decade long timeframe. Maybe your timeframe and crystal ball are different than mine.

 

kandlsutton

Mouseketeer
Joined
May 22, 2019
CCV is one of the only ones out there that still has loaded contracts right this moment. In the straight line SAP math used by the board sponsor, it's one of the top values, especially if you buy well. Obviously, we can argue about the accuracy of this math, but of the top 6-7 in this math, CCV is the only one I would buy right now, mostly because resale is so tight. And OP said they like CCV, so there's that.

Sure, in a more normal market, I'd consider any of the WDW resorts near the top. The right contract can easily shift the math, particularly loaded contracts, and they all work the same for SAP. And my timeframe is shorter than most, so I view longer contracts as being easy to get out of close enough to cost and holding their value in a decade long timeframe, and I don't care about small dues differences in a decade long timeframe. Maybe your timeframe and crystal ball are different than mine.

I agree with you about the time frame and ease of getting out down the road, which is the primary reason I’m hesitant on buying any of the 2042 resorts ($ per point per year remaining). And I would agree that $152pp at CCV is a good value. However, the reference article is somewhat out of date and the majority of the board sponsored listings are $20-$30 more than $152pp.
Although there will always be savings in buying direct over resale, when the price per point is $50 or less, I would lean towards waiting and possibly considering direct if the gap is less and/or looking for small number of points. Each of the resale contracts I bid on that passed ROFR were at least $75pp lower than direct, so that’s what I now expect (unrealistic though it may be at this time).
 

RoseGold

DIS Veteran
Joined
Jan 21, 2020
There are multiple listings right now with asking prices in the 150s, with loaded points. That isn't significantly different from that post in the Spring, while everything else really has seemed to go up, up up. Whew, SSR.

There are many good brokers.
 

ArmyChaplain Matt

Earning My Ears
Joined
Mar 9, 2019
To clarify, if i would buy riviera, would be to add as a split stay to BwV during Food/wine and rundisney weekend and then enough points for a week in 1bedroom possible 2 bedroom, perhaps a fixed week at RIV may be beneficial. We don’t want anymore SAP at the moment bc we do want ability for RIv, or so we think. keep updated after our stay!!!
 

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

Top