Positive Caribbean Beach Post!

tndisney5

DIS Veteran
Returning from a resort only stay. We were placed in Martinique, water view. We spent our first afternoon in our room for a bit after check in and were not bothered by construction noise at all.

Second day enjoyed pool. Again work was taking place but it is so loud there it didn't interfere. Saw top of a crane from one area of the pool, other than that still a great main pool.

Enjoyed make shift Banana Cabana and the food trucks.

Don't shy away! I would say location does matter. We requested both Martinique and water view and were given both. Close walk to pool and bus depot.

Yes, there are walls up and upon entering the resort there is a A LOT of flattened dirt, work going on. IMO Worth it for the price and fun place to rest inbetween travel. If you are doing the parks I would imagine the construction would be even less of a bother since it takes place during the day.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Specifically about Martinique. We are back next month. We did Preferred in June so we were in Trinidad North. This time it's just DH and I do we have King, which can be anywhere. I was worried about how Martinique would be if we ended up there. This helps me worry less. But we really won't be there much with a short trip

Glad to hear you enjoyed; we are going for DSis' 40th birthday, and she was adamant about staying at CB, where we stayed with parents back in the 90s. I was a little concerned, but figured we would make the best of it, as we are always up for adventure :teeth:

We truly enjoyed the food truck LOL. There are two. We had turkey melts...they were great by the pool! We did not venture into the buffet area, but it was nice and air conditioned and not busy on a Friday at 11-Noon.

If you are into resort shopping don't get your hopes up. There is a souvenir truck near the pool. They had some "2017" items, pool things, ornaments, autograph books, resort coffee mugs... Not a ton of variety.

We truly enjoyed the food truck LOL. There are two. We had turkey melts...they were great by the pool! We did not venture into the buffet area, but it was nice and air conditioned and not busy on a Friday at 11-Noon.

If you are into resort shopping don't get your hopes up. There is a souvenir truck near the pool. They had some "2017" items, pool things, ornaments, autograph books, resort coffee mugs... Not a ton of variety.
The souvenir truck was a bigger let down for me than the food choices. Those were fine but when I saw that truck I couldn't help but wonder why did they bother. I know why they had to provide some sort of food but did they have to provide shopping? Would it have been missed of they'd just left it out or maybe put couple things in the rooms where they put food?

The souvenir truck was a bigger let down for me than the food choices. Those were fine but when I saw that truck I couldn't help but wonder why did they bother. I know why they had to provide some sort of food but did they have to provide shopping? Would it have been missed of they'd just left it out or maybe put couple things in the rooms where they put food?

I kind of agree. Half the truck was swim wear, goggles, sunscreen, etc. I like to shop at the resorts and would have liked to see some other trinkety type things there. I would have loved a little gift with the snack bag!

I kind of agree. Half the truck was swim wear, goggles, sunscreen, etc. I like to shop at the resorts and would have liked to see some other trinkety type things there. I would have loved a little gift with the snack bag!
A tad off topic.... Where, in Disney Springs, can I purchase Disney rain ponchos and Disney refillable plastic mugs? Is there a general souvenir shop kind of like the Emporium on Main Street in MK? Thanks.

A tad off topic.... Where, in Disney Springs, can I purchase Disney rain ponchos and Disney refillable plastic mugs? Is there a general souvenir shop kind of like the Emporium on Main Street in MK? Thanks.
Yes, the giant World of Disney store. Makes the Emporium look like a 7-11
At least poncho's. I don't know if anyone at DS sells refillable mugs, we don't buy those

It's in the Market Place end. Hard to miss once you are there. Head to the Lego Store if all else fails and one end of the World of Disney is near it. There is also a Guest Services center in the Market Place. If anyone could answer about mugs, they could.
The map on MDE will help you find it too. It's pretty good

It's in the Market Place end. Hard to miss once you are there. Head to the Lego Store if all else fails and one end of the World of Disney is near it. There is also a Guest Services center in the Market Place. If anyone could answer about mugs, they could.
The map on MDE will help you find it too. It's pretty good
Thanks for the directions..

I think I can only purchase the mugs at a resort. I'll check.

We were in Disney Springs one night and some of the other shops had them too...LOTS of rain in July :). We saw them at the Marvel Store at the check out counter. I think they won't be hard to come by.

Thanks for the report! I'm heading down for a last minute solo trip on Tuesday and I have a Pirate room - it was cheaper than POP. I'm not one to hang around the resort except to nap and sleep, so I figured any old broom closet will do, but I'm glad to hear it is still a fun resort :) Food trucks sound way more fun than what they used to have at the food court.

We were in Disney Springs one night and some of the other shops had them too...LOTS of rain in July :). We saw them at the Marvel Store at the check out counter. I think they won't be hard to come by.
Thanks.

The ponchos are white, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!