PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

We are more of an eggs and bacon/sausage group and were hoping Starbucks might offer some decent breakfast sandwiches at a descent price.
It sounds like that might be wishful thinking on my part. :(

I've seen a lot of great information on room requests. I've used Touring Plans to fax requests to Disney. Is there something similar? If not, when is the best time to call (i.e. 30 days out, 1 week, etc)?

I've seen a lot of great information on room requests. I've used Touring Plans to fax requests to Disney. Is there something similar? If not, when is the best time to call (i.e. 30 days out, 1 week, etc)?

Rooms are allocated 5/6 days out. If you call before then your request will be added to your reservation.

Since the refurb do some of the rooms have a glass shower instead of a tub/shower? I'm talking about a regular 2 queen room.

TIA!

I may be misunderstanding your comment, but CL rooms are Deluxe rooms. That is one of the benefits with getting a CL room, you also get a Deluxe 490 sqft room as well.

I know what deluxe rooms look like, but the video I saw recently showed the toilet that now has a door separating it from the sink area and where the tub was now was a glass shower. So I'm guessing they now have non deluxe rooms that have a glass shower as an option to the tub like RPR has.

Thanks for your response.

If we want to arrive at IOA hour before park opening (9AM-US has early entry that day at 8AM) what time does the first boat ride leave? As best I can tell from google is the first boat would be at 7:30- but is this reliable and/or accurate? Or should we plan on just walking to make sure we get to the gates by 8AM?

We are only staying 1 night so will be driving over at the crack of dawn from our vacation home to check-in, get our express passes and jump in line for Hagrids!

My family is staying at Portofino Bay in mid June for 5 nights club level. Any room/wing recommendations?

If we want to arrive at IOA hour before park opening (9AM-US has early entry that day at 8AM) what time does the first boat ride leave? As best I can tell from google is the first boat would be at 7:30- but is this reliable and/or accurate? Or should we plan on just walking to make sure we get to the gates by 8AM?

We are only staying 1 night so will be driving over at the crack of dawn from our vacation home to check-in, get our express passes and jump in line for Hagrids!

My plan is to head out 730-45. If boat there great if not I will walk. DD did do a few rides before getting in hagrids line a few weeks ago. The ride died and they waited 2 hours for nothing. You also don't have your phones with you in line/ in lockers. Keep that in mind.

My family is staying at Portofino Bay in mid June for 5 nights club level. Any room/wing recommendations?
I don't really know but was hoping for a balcony (ask at check in ) or villa section because it seems nice and centrally located.

Maybe someone will respond with experience.:flower1:

We are more of an eggs and bacon/sausage group and were hoping Starbucks might offer some decent breakfast sandwiches at a descent price.
It sounds like that might be wishful thinking on my part. :(

we were there in April and went to Starbucks each morning for coffee. We brought muffins and donut holes from home, so we didn’t buy food there, but they had the full assortment that most Starbucks have, lots of kinds of egg sandwiches and wraps. In general the prices seemed pretty normal for Starbucks (overpriced, but usual for them!).

We have been placed in the Villa wing, garden view in our past few visits. I am under the assumption that's where all the standard club rooms are located.

We’ve always been in the Villa Wing when booking Club too but have had bay views sometimes (including one occasion when we were a few floors above Sal’s - that was a great view!). I think our favourite place to be is near the elevator to the Beach Pool.

We’ve always been in the Villa Wing when booking Club too but have had bay views sometimes (including one occasion when we were a few floors above Sal’s - that was a great view!). I think our favourite place to be is near the elevator to the Beach Pool.
This sounds great! I will definitely ask for a bay view next time. I wish they would have an option of garden vs. bay view club room. Or maybe they do and we just don't know about it?

This sounds great! I will definitely ask for a bay view next time. I wish they would have an option of garden vs. bay view club room. Or maybe they do and we just don't know about it?
When checking in I generally ask at a resort if I have any preferences. Doesn't matter when or where but about 1//2 the time they can accommodate, the others not. So its worth a moment to make a request. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter