PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

We had a Gardenview Saturday night we ended up in the East wing I had asked for West Wing(I think technically those are not considered Gardenview though)just for the sheer walking it takes to get all the way to our room from transportation and even to get to our car if needed I will not book here again

We had a Gardenview Saturday night we ended up in the East wing I had asked for West Wing(I think technically those are not considered Gardenview though)just for the sheer walking it takes to get all the way to our room from transportation and even to get to our car if needed I will not book here again
Thank you. Maybe I will cancel and stick with Sapphire.

I really liked the space in the Portofino rooms and our daughter loved the tub window (and I liked soaking my feet in the tub. I'm curious to see what type of bathroom we'll get as I see folks most positive yes tub and no tub. @LaDonna, it is a ton of walking once you are in the resort, but we figured the pass & room size were worth it (previous visits were mostly RPR and CB).

I really liked the space in the Portofino rooms and our daughter loved the tub window (and I liked soaking my feet in the tub. I'm curious to see what type of bathroom we'll get as I see folks most positive yes tub and no tub. @LaDonna, it is a ton of walking once you are in the resort, but we figured the pass & room size were worth it (previous visits were mostly RPR and CB).

My daughter and I just stayed at PB this past week, in a regular garden view room (2 queens). We had a full shower and no tub. Our room was in the Villa area, which was a decent location.

yes this is the main reason why we chose this resort for the express passes with AP discount, if one of the other express pass hotels are cheaper I will grab that one in future
Otherwise it was a very beautiful resort(we also don’t spend much time in our room/resort)

My daughter and I just stayed at PB this past week, in a regular garden view room (2 queens). We had a full shower and no tub. Our room was in the Villa area, which was a decent location.

So not all of the standard/garden view rooms have tubs? If not, do most have tubs? I'll need one for my younger daughter...

So not all of the standard/garden view rooms have tubs? If not, do most have tubs? I'll need one for my younger daughter...

Ours definitely did not, and as far as I know it was not a handicapped accessible room or anything. I think this is something that changed with the recent renovation, but I am no expert. Maybe call the hotel to ask? Or perhaps someone else here knows. We were definitely booked into a standard 2 queen room, and I believe that is what we received.

I think they have both, with and without tub. Ask at checkin for one.

I arrive Thursday, if I get a chance I’ll ask. Dd arrives before me and will check in, however I’m staying cl so they should know in the lounge,

Never stayed here and booked a last minute trip. We have a bay view room. It seems some have balconies. We could only find to mark high floor. We would like to have a balcony and be close to a main pool. Are either of these an option for our room category? Can you even make room requests and if so how do you go about doing that? Thanks! Sorry, haven't had time to read much yet.

Never stayed here and booked a last minute trip. We have a bay view room. It seems some have balconies. We could only find to mark high floor. We would like to have a balcony and be close to a main pool. Are either of these an option for our room category? Can you even make room requests and if so how do you go about doing that? Thanks! Sorry, haven't had time to read much yet.
Balconies can only be requested at check in. You can give the hotel a call a week out from your stay - or now if you'd like - to request being close to the pool so they can note it on your ressie.

You could possibly get those requests fulfilled staying in the west wing, the pool would be on the opposite side of your Bay View room but not far.

I don't know how true it is, but I was told a number of years back that the balcony rooms were Deluxe rooms. I can say that since we have been reserving CL access rooms (which come with Deluxe rooms) we have had pretty good luck getting balcony rooms. And yes, we request them when we check in which is usually very early in the morning (probably before most others have checked-in and might request a balcony before we got there.)

One note about asking for a balcony room, there are 2 types of balconies, full like in the pictures a couple of posts up and Juliet balconies. If you prefer one over the other, I'd suggest asking for that specific type of balcony.

Ok, I am working through this thread but I have questions. Sorry if they’ve been asked and I haven’t come to them yet.

I’m confused about deluxe rooms and club level rooms. I've seen where some say they have some kind of club level access or something? I know they are bigger.

What are the soaps and stuff in the bathroom? Like what all do they give you to use so I know what to bring. Also what is the brand?

Tell me about pool cabanas. How far are so they need to be booked? How much are they and for how long do you get them? Ex half day, full day?
Thanks

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter