PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Standard rooms don't have balconies, right? We aren't staying club level, and just assumed a balcony wasn't possible. Is that correct? TIA!

That matches my understanding. I had been told that the balcony rooms were Deluxe rooms. To get a Deluxe room, you either directly reserve one, you reserve a CL room, or you get an upgrade. I wouldn't count on an upgrade happening. I'm sure that once in a while they may happen, but I doubt it is very often and even then probably only when they have lots of availability (which doesn't seem to be the case right now.) ;)

And the couple of times I've received a balcony room, I asked at check-in. I've not been able to get one reserved before check-in. So my plan is normally to check-in as early as possible (i.e. 7am or earlier.) That way I'm the first person that day asking for a balcony room. To be fully transparent, the couple of times I did get a balcony, I had also reserved a CL access room. So not sure if that helped or not as I hadn't asked for a balcony before we started staying in CL rooms.

That matches my understanding. I had been told that the balcony rooms were Deluxe rooms. To get a Deluxe room, you either directly reserve one, you reserve a CL room, or you get an upgrade. I wouldn't count on an upgrade happening. I'm sure that once in a while they may happen, but I doubt it is very often and even then probably only when they have lots of availability (which doesn't seem to be the case right now.) ;)

And the couple of times I've received a balcony room, I asked at check-in. I've not been able to get one reserved before check-in. So my plan is normally to check-in as early as possible (i.e. 7am or earlier.) That way I'm the first person that day asking for a balcony room. To be fully transparent, the couple of times I did get a balcony, I had also reserved a CL access room. So not sure if that helped or not as I hadn't asked for a balcony before we started staying in CL rooms.
Thanks for the info! I love PB, but always wished we could have a balcony. It sounds like it's not very likely that we'll get one, but it's worth asking. Thanks for the tip!

Just wanted to say that we loved PB. We had a garden view room and were placed in the west wing, near the water taxi entrance and beginning of the walking paths to the parks. We had a lovely view of the main pool on the second floor. I had considered switching to water view but am glad we did not--we spent most of our time at the pool (great slide) or at the parks. The rooms were very clean and spacious. I see what people mean about the large bath rooms! Our room had a tub and so we were able to hang swimsuits to dry. We texted the front desk when we needed more coffee and towels, and when I forgot my razor. They responded immediately. We had excellent service from start to finish.

Just wanted to say that we loved PB. We had a garden view room and were placed in the west wing, near the water taxi entrance and beginning of the walking paths to the parks. We had a lovely view of the main pool on the second floor. I had considered switching to water view but am glad we did not--we spent most of our time at the pool (great slide) or at the parks. The rooms were very clean and spacious. I see what people mean about the large bath rooms! Our room had a tub and so we were able to hang swimsuits to dry. We texted the front desk when we needed more coffee and towels, and when I forgot my razor. They responded immediately. We had excellent service from start to finish.
Did you request West Wing?

Some more from our stay.

It was my 2nd universal trip with 1st at Hard Rock for 2010 WWOHP opening.

So many things to compare:

Room: better than HR with more space and private bath really helped.
Compared to WDW where I have stayed at all except SSR it was same or less than a moderate to me. Theme was week. The halls were white walls with blue doors , that’s it. Room had a picture on the wall from Italy, a bit of marble and that was it. There wasn’t friendly maids greeting you in the hall, no anybody anywhere. I go to wdw so often I’m used to being greeted all day.

Note:the boat staff was the friendliest by far of anywhere,THEY were great!

Boats were pretty timely. However we did walk one morning because the line looked long. Coming back never waited more than 5-10.

Walk was pretty so we did enjoy it.

Pool, we did go out Friday night. Wine was meh at the bar. The rum as well . However the chicken tenders and fries were hot, fresh and tasty . Pool water was warm and I enjoyed the pool and sandy beach. I had fun with dd and bf. I knew he was proposing the next day at Wdw so I was happy to have this alone time with them.

Parks! Oh my what a difference from wdw. We loved the no mask policy that changed Saturday, The on / off thing got annoying lol! Hagrid s. and Velosicoastser?? Holy cow I thought I was gonna die 😱

BUT fun if you like that stuff🙃

Club Level: I posted some pix previously and I have on,y a few more later. It was hard with the setup to get pix.

Breakfast: Highlights were fresh coffee, juice, water, milk , breads , pastries. OK was the breakfast sandwichesn stuff/hot food. They also had a few cereal boxes.

Midday they had water, coke, sprite, diet /zero sugar?
They had veggies like tomato, cucumber, broccoli , ranch dip, chips n salsa, Packagegoldfish, Doritos, Quaker oat bars, pretzels, bananas, oranges and apples.

Evening: wine, beers but also liquor at $7 . He got a wild turkey one night.
Soda and water still out, fruit too. Same cold veggies from earlier plus rolls n butter(soft n fresh) and a hot meal. We had pork, n veggies one night and pasta with meatballs n veggies the next. These were not Disney quality but better than a holiday inn express etc.

Overall we saved just in beverages. It wasn’t the greatest experience but with the park crowds and still limited options it helped with our time constraints,

I will post pix now or tomorrow depending on if phone cooperates😂

Oh during midday snack they had cookies too. They were individually wrapped in brown paper.

For 8-9:30 one night they had the cookies plus small , bite size desserts in little plastic cups. One was cheesecake.

I am trying to remember midday better, Cookies, goldfish crackers, quaker oatmeal choc chip cereal bars, doritos, pretzels, maybe one or 2 more. Oh chips and salsa and salsa was in a little cup with lid easy for taking to room.

The fruit was out all day more or less.

I did see people with milk cartons, just ask ,I believe kept in back.

The is a bathroom right by cl lounge doors.

There is a back door that may be more handy.

The tv and sofa area was handy.

Also our last night I swear I heard them say another room to sit "back there" but I don't know where that is lol. SO if short seating ask if any more.

Sorry some may be a repeat but trying to decompress after a hectic trip.

Overall it was worth it just for beverages. Grabbing waters when you are hot and not having to go to a store etc made it easy. We also could get what we wanted. I had a banana every morning. I just popped it in my bag for when I needed something.

I do believe they've had Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies between breakfast and dinner when we had CL access.
They didn’t for us because dd loves those and I would have gotten them however I am guessing a holiday weekend they ran out of stuff for us.

Ok, I am working through this thread but I have questions. Sorry if they’ve been asked and I haven’t come to them yet.

I’m confused about deluxe rooms and club level rooms. I've seen where some say they have some kind of club level access or something? I know they are bigger.

What are the soaps and stuff in the bathroom? Like what all do they give you to use so I know what to bring. Also what is the brand?

Tell me about pool cabanas. How far are so they need to be booked? How much are they and for how long do you get them? Ex half day, full day?
Thanks
We had cl booked and the room is a deluxe. I only posted bathroom pix above which shows toiletries from last weekend.

I always bring my own so I only tried the soap and that was nice. The hair dryer was awesome.

Oh and the little jar on the sink counter had Q tips n such.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter