PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

It sounds like the Opera Singer is back? days and times?
We were there last weekend. He was there Friday night, maybe around 9ish. We got back Saturday around 930/10. No one was there then but could have been earlier. Sunday, we ate dinner in the square around 8 and there was no singer. The restaurants were empty as was the square. Definitely no singer Sunday. We were hoping for it that night.

We are due to arrive at Portofino Bay at the end of the month for 3 nights. I booked with my AMEX Platinum card and just found out there are some perks I am supposed to get. I am super curious if anyone else has booked with their Platinum card and if the hotel has honored the perks. Here is the verbage from AMEX page.

At this property, Platinum Card®Members receive:
  • Daily breakfast for two
  • Experience Credit: A complimentary dinner, for two people per room, excluding alcoholic beverages, taxes and gratuities, once during your stay
  • 4pm check-out guaranteed
  • 12pm check-in, when available
  • Room upgrade at check-in, when available
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi

We are due to arrive at Portofino Bay at the end of the month for 3 nights. I booked with my AMEX Platinum card and just found out there are some perks I am supposed to get. I am super curious if anyone else has booked with their Platinum card and if the hotel has honored the perks. Here is the verbage from AMEX page.

At this property, Platinum Card®Members receive:
  • Daily breakfast for two
  • Experience Credit: A complimentary dinner, for two people per room, excluding alcoholic beverages, taxes and gratuities, once during your stay
  • 4pm check-out guaranteed
  • 12pm check-in, when available
  • Room upgrade at check-in, when available
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi

In April it was still being honored, did in person check in though and mentioned it.

Did you have to book directly through Amex? I booked an APH rate with Loews for Nov, and assumed this would not be included...
I called AMEX today. They said as long as I paid for the reservation with my AMEX then I will get all the perks. It didn't matter that I booked through Universal.

Need suggestions! First time at PBR this weekend 3 nights. What should I ask for?
(kids will attend HHN Sunday night without us but I’ll prolly go back to walk or boat home with them)

PRIORITIES:
Easy to WALK to parks
Not TERRIBLY far from the boat in case we are tired
Easy to get to Starbucks in the early am!!
Not too far from pool - but which pool?? (Kids are 13& 16 and like to relax more than play)

thanks!!!

Need suggestions! First time at PBR this weekend 3 nights. What should I ask for?
(kids will attend HHN Sunday night without us but I’ll prolly go back to walk or boat home with them)

PRIORITIES:
Easy to WALK to parks
Not too far from pool - but which pool?? (Kids are 13& 16 and like to relax more than play)

thanks!!!

What is your reservation for? Garden View? Bay View? Deluxe? Suite? Club?

Does anyone one know if I can pick up my express passes the night before to avoid having to get to the hotel in the early morning?

What happened to Sal's? I've been going for years multiple times a trip and the pizza is so different, taste is off. Those olives were still amazing and worth the trip though!

PRIORITIES:
Easy to WALK to parks

thanks!!!

How was the trip??

What happened to Sal's? I've been going for years multiple times a trip and the pizza is so different, taste is off. Those olives were still amazing and worth the trip though!

Oh that`s not good to hear. We love those pizzas in Sal`s.

We stopped going to Louie`s in the Studios for a similar reason. They changed the supplier for the pepperoni and it was thinner and so much greasier than previous meat, we couldn`t finish our pizza last time we got it. Portion was larger than before, but the base/sauce was just not as good as it had been for years.

How was the trip??

Oh that`s not good to hear. We love those pizzas in Sal`s.

We stopped going to Louie`s in the Studios for a similar reason. They changed the supplier for the pepperoni and it was thinner and so much greasier than previous meat, we couldn`t finish our pizza last time we got it. Portion was larger than before, but the base/sauce was just not as good as it had been for years.

Same. Haven't been to Louie's in a long time.

The pizzas at Sal's were smaller, served in boxes even for dine in. Everything about it was different, but the cheese especially. It was rubbery? We didn't even finish it. I was so upset, haha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter