PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

I have booked a club suite at PBH and it is our first time staying at this hotel. I had a couple of questions. I am in a 1 Bedroom Villa Suite
  1. are there balconies in those rooms?
  2. Does any one have recent pictures of the poolside cabanas they can share?
  3. Does anyone know the number to rent the cabanas. Tried the website and I can't find it.
  4. Do the cabanas have lounger/couch in them like the HRH cabanas?
  5. Can you order food/drinks in the cabanas/poolside
  6. Is there a bar near the pool?

And just like that....we've switched to Portofino for our upcoming Oct trip. Never stayed there, and I really wanted to try something new.
I have read the stickies, and first post, but real time....how is the walk????
We are planning on walking in the mornings from PB to IoA, at least once, probably twice, to rope drop Hagrids/Velocicoaster. How long is the walk to IoA, for medium speed walking? hope to take boat back midday or day's end.
Are paths marked? I tend to get turned around easily...I have read to cut through hard rock lot?
Any room requests we should make???
thanks, excited about trying a new property!

And just like that....we've switched to Portofino for our upcoming Oct trip. Never stayed there, and I really wanted to try something new.
We are planning on walking in the mornings from PB to IoA, at least once, probably twice, to rope drop Hagrids/Velocicoaster. How long is the walk to IoA, for medium speed walking? hope to take boat back midday or day's end.
Are paths marked? I tend to get turned around easily...I have read to cut through hard rock lot?
I walked to and from the parks several times during my stay. If is 0.7 mile from the center of PBH to the center of Citywalk. The path is very well marked and very well landscaped (see photos below. System keeps rotating them, but you will get the idea).
Ask for a room in the west wing to be closer to the parks and the Beach Pool.067CD8BB-252F-40FE-B08F-EDC558CE0256.jpegD4DCD56F-71D5-4584-A85B-1C17B41C69F1.jpeg6980A1E5-52F5-4995-B008-9587A24D67E7.jpeg1A34CA2A-D934-435E-AE08-E827869BBC2E.jpeg361208D3-2FEA-4357-9738-3B968D68251B.jpeg

I have booked a club suite at PBH and it is our first time staying at this hotel. I had a couple of questions. I am in a 1 Bedroom Villa Suite
  1. are there balconies in those rooms?
  2. Does any one have recent pictures of the poolside cabanas they can share?
  3. Does anyone know the number to rent the cabanas. Tried the website and I can't find it.
  4. Do the cabanas have lounger/couch in them like the HRH cabanas?
  5. Can you order food/drinks in the cabanas/poolside
  6. Is there a bar near the pool?
The Beach Pool has a bar with food service. There’s a plastic square with a QR code that you can use to order from the pool loungers.

There’s a Harbor Nights scheduled for October 22nd. Here’s the tickets link:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/harbor-nights-la-dolce-vita-tickets-169300898545
Thank you for posting this! So glad it's back - their website still shows this as suspended. Would really like one around the holidays with the tree/decorations up- I think they did one in 2019, but if not this year, maybe next year. Just so glad it's back and it wasn't permanently discontinued!:dogdance: Thank you again for posting!

Thank you for posting this! So glad it's back - their website still shows this as suspended. Would really like one around the holidays with the tree/decorations up- I think they did one in 2019, but if not this year, maybe next year. Just so glad it's back and it wasn't permanently discontinued!:dogdance: Thank you again for posting!

I completely agree. We did the Holiday Harbor Nights VIP in 2019 and loved it. It occurred Thanksgiving Friday. I was hoping they’d have the Holiday Harbor Nights this year, but with the October date, I doubt it. Perhaps one of the other resorts will have a special event that weekend.

The bathroom has two sinks with a shower (no tub) on the right. The toilet is in separate room, with a door, off from the bathroom.

Was this a club room? I was there last week and stayed in a standard king room. The bathroom had a tub and the toilet was not in a separate room.

Was this a club room? I was there last week and stayed in a standard king room. The bathroom had a tub and the toilet was not in a separate room.

Not a club room, but it was a deluxe queen room. With 5 adults, we still had plenty of room, even with a cot in the corner.

So from what I was told last time we were there is they were still in the process of converting them, I thought it was interesting when I was double checking my AP rate I noticed in the room details they had a note about the layout.

E62C86E8-6C55-4368-BB6C-A6C800A4CFD0.jpeg

That Club Two Queen Room looks just like the Garden View Two Queen Room I just checked out of yesterday. I thought Club and Deluxe rooms were the same.

That Club Two Queen Room looks just like the Garden View Two Queen Room I just checked out of yesterday. I thought Club and Deluxe rooms were the same.

You are correct. Club Room is a Deluxe Room. I believe the Garden View Room is smaller because they have a smaller bathroom (single sink instead of a double sink). The sleeping area is probably almost identical in size or small enough to not be noticeable.

I walked from the PBR boat dock area to US a couple of times last weekend, using the HR parking lot cut-through definitely was faster. Split off the path and walk uphill a bit, cross at the light to the Hard Rock driveway, turn right and walk through the parking lot, then through the smaller employee parking lot, and there is a paved sidewalk at the end directly to the security area. Took me 10 minutes at a moderate pace, would be a few longer to IOA entrance.

So - its not quite clear to me and I have seen a handful of complaints about rooms at PBR - my stay was fine, but the room was the old configuration which sort of surprised me since I thought the entire hotel was refurbished and done in December - was it only a partial referb? I did have a water pressure issue on the 5th floor so the shower diverter could not kick in - they replaced the shower head and I guess that fixed it - but that may have been coincidental. I had expected a walk in shower as I have seen in the remodeled rooms.

Also - one issue I had with the rooms were lack of outlets and no USB ports - have they addressed that in the refurbished rooms?

So - its not quite clear to me and I have seen a handful of complaints about rooms at PBR - my stay was fine, but the room was the old configuration which sort of surprised me since I thought the entire hotel was refurbished and done in December - was it only a partial referb? I did have a water pressure issue on the 5th floor so the shower diverter could not kick in - they replaced the shower head and I guess that fixed it - but that may have been coincidental. I had expected a walk in shower as I have seen in the remodeled rooms.

Also - one issue I had with the rooms were lack of outlets and no USB ports - have they addressed that in the refurbished rooms?

Hi Tony,

We had the same problem with no USB ports and few power outlets in our PBH room too a couple weeks ago. Fortunately, my wife and I each have the three USB port power plug so we managed enough with USB ports, but I had to use the outlet by the entrance door.

I avoid 'public' USB ports. I know the chances of one being hacked is very, very slim, but it's just as easy for me to travel with a few AC>USB bricks. I have a small travel kit where I permanently leave some AC chargers and cables. It's grab and go for our trips.

Looks like the Universal Orlando website was recently updated to show Holiday Harbor Nights the Friday after Thanksgiving!:banana:
FBB45B88-0073-461E-9535-9EF63AB3127D.png

I avoid 'public' USB ports. I know the chances of one being hacked is very, very slim, but it's just as easy for me to travel with a few AC>USB bricks. I have a small travel kit where I permanently leave some AC chargers and cables. It's grab and go for our trips.
Agreed - I like to have them to charge generic things like camera batteries
I am always too paranoid to just hook my phone to one of those

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter