PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Your club room can be all over the hotel but they try to keep you in the Villa Wing. It is closest to the club room.

I have never seen a compartmentalized bathroom at PBH. That doesn't mean they don't exist but I've never heard of one.
We had a closed off toilet in our deluxe two queen room in June. The toilet had its own room with a door to the left of the vanity and then there was a glass shower to the right of the vanity and the entire bathroom had a door too. We were in the villa wing in room 2383. We had pretty much a garden view but the location was great!

Does anyone know if the club level queen rooms all have bay view? Also, are these rooms spread throughout the resort… west wing, east wing and villa? I also saw a video on one of these rooms with a door to the toilet area, somewhat compartmentalized. Do all of the club rooms have this feature or just certain areas of the resort?

We had a regular garden view room in the villa wing. The toilet was in a locked off area. I just watched a video posted on YouTube and that is how it looked. I searched Portofino bay room tour. Picked one posted by GInger(she had a club level room). That was exactly how our bathroom looked this week.

Sounds like they are starting to change the configurations. From the look of other recent room tours, there are still the rooms with the one bath configuration.

I guess there is still the issue that you have to go through the bath to get to the toilet room, so someone can't be using the sink while someone else is showering privately but someone can use the sink while someone is in the commode room.

Last edited:
I guess there is still the issue that you have to go through the bath to get to the toilet room, so someone can't be using the sink while someone else is showering privately.
Yes ideally I’d love a door to the toilet and shower area with a family of four including teen boy and teen girl. At least a door to the toilet though …

I might just be overthinking his, but I went on the Loewe's direct site for the hotel and plugged in my reservation number from my travel e-documents and it says reservation not found. Should I be worried? We paid in full well in advance, and I have both a Universal trip reservation number and a hotel reservation number in the same email.

I might just be overthinking his, but I went on the Loewe's direct site for the hotel and plugged in my reservation number from my travel e-documents and it says reservation not found. Should I be worried? We paid in full well in advance, and I have both a Universal trip reservation number and a hotel reservation number in the same email.

Where did you book? Universal’s website or a third party vendor?

Through Universal directly. I grabbed one of their $600.00 off deals back in April for August 22nd-27th.

Sounds like you booked a Universal vacation package instead of a room only reservation that uses a different booking engine. This could explain why you can’t access it on the website. Your confirmation email should have included a phone number, and it might be worth calling that number for verification.

Hi everyone! We are most likely booking this in the near future and I have yet to find specifics if they allow you to use the pool after check out? I know it Disney you are allowed to use the resort facilities that entire day. We have a late afternoon flight and will hang out at the pool before we leave. Also any recommendation on shuttles to MCO? I’m so spoiled with Disney passes I’m trying to figure out if it makes sense to keep our rental car and pay the parking an additional rental date or just to grab a Uber or shuttle. We will be to adults.

Also how are they on requesting a later check out?

Yes, you can use all facilities including the pool after check out. There are showers with products for you to change in too.

Tony Hinds is well respected on here for transport. The number and email are copied from macraven`s post. She has been using Tony for years as do many others.

407 406 9093

aobh607@gmail.com

Hi everyone! We are most likely booking this in the near future and I have yet to find specifics if they allow you to use the pool after check out? I know it Disney you are allowed to use the resort facilities that entire day. We have a late afternoon flight and will hang out at the pool before we leave. Also any recommendation on shuttles to MCO? I’m so spoiled with Disney passes I’m trying to figure out if it makes sense to keep our rental car and pay the parking an additional rental date or just to grab a Uber or shuttle. We will be to adults.

Also how are they on requesting a later check out?
We were there in early June and all I did was text them to ask about late checkout. They provided me with a price for 12pm (free), 1pm ($50), 2pm ($100), 3pm (1/2 day rate) and 4pm (full day rate). I’m not sure if those prices change and I’m sure it is based upon availability. We ended up choosing the 3pm checkout and it worked great for us. We spent the whole day by the pool then went up to the room to shower, change, and pack up and then Tony Hinds’ service picked us up to bring us to the airport. It made the last day very relaxing.

We were there in early June and all I did was text them to ask about late checkout. They provided me with a price for 12pm (free), 1pm ($50), 2pm ($100), 3pm (1/2 day rate) and 4pm (full day rate). I’m not sure if those prices change and I’m sure it is based upon availability. We ended up choosing the 3pm checkout and it worked great for us. We spent the whole day by the pool then went up to the room to shower, change, and pack up and then Tony Hinds’ service picked us up to bring us to the airport. It made the last day very relaxing.
Oh thanks! I will check into those prices when I get there. How much was theTony Hinds service to MCO?

My son (34) and I (53) just booked this resort for Sept 22 though the 26th. First time we have stayed at this resort. We are really looking forward to it.

My husband and I (60, 56) and my 3 daughters (26, 28, 30) and daughters BF (30) are booked there for the first time Sept. 23-28. We're usually RP but the rate was better at PB this time. We'll probably be passing each other in the hall. LOL Have a great time!

Do any or all of the restaurants at PBH accept passholder discounts?
Loews Portofino Bay Hotel:
  • 10% off at Mandara Spa® at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel.
    • Call 407-503-1244 to make an appointment. Valid Mon-Thurs only. Discount applies to services only. Some services excluded. Must present Preferred Pass to receive discount.
  • 10% off all purchases at Galleria Portofino
  • 10% off food and non-alcoholic beverages at Trattoria del Porto
These are the hotel benefits for the Preferred annual pass.
Sorry I see someone already posted this and don't know how to delete.

Last edited:
My husband and I (60, 56) and my 3 daughters (26, 28, 30) and daughters BF (30) are booked there for the first time Sept. 23-28. We're usually RP but the rate was better at PB this time. We'll probably be passing each other in the hall. LOL Have a great time!
We are so looking forward to seeing this for the first time. This is also my son's first time at Universal. I hope you have a great time as well!!

@mousefan73 You can still use the pool at check out, but the shower was in the open so you would wear your swimsuit and there were not products. Next to the outdoor shower, there are men/women locker rooms with toilets (no showers) but you could change there. We were told by PBH staff to use a private shower with products, you could use the one at the spa, but to get access to them, you would have to book a spa treatment. @schumigirl -- I'm not sure if this has changed recently or if you know of a different situation at PBH? Because boy would I have loved it. At RPR, we were able to use a private shower/changing area next to the gym on check out day. This info is from Aug 19 if it helps.

I know Owner's Locker is no longer allowed at Universal Resorts.

Thanks for that info. Someone asked me this by PM and I didn`t have the answer, now we know. Thank you.

@mousefan73 You can still use the pool at check out, but the shower was in the open so you would wear your swimsuit and there were not products. Next to the outdoor shower, there are men/women locker rooms with toilets (no showers) but you could change there. We were told by PBH staff to use a private shower with products, you could use the one at the spa, but to get access to them, you would have to book a spa treatment. @schumigirl -- I'm not sure if this has changed recently or if you know of a different situation at PBH? Because boy would I have loved it. At RPR, we were able to use a private shower/changing area next to the gym on check out day. This info is from Aug 19 if it helps.

I have no idea to be honest.

I assumed all PB guests had access to the private showers like RP guests do if they`re spending their last day with no hotel room and wanted to use the facilities??

It`s not a hotel I spend a lot of time in, so will be interested if anyone does know if you now have to book a Spa treatment to use their facilities.

Do the King Bay View rooms have sleeper sofas? I am finding conflicting information if all, some, or none do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter