Portillo's Orlando (Grand Opening Tuesday, June 15th) Soft Open Right Now

We arrived just before its scheduled March 23 opening was were disappointed when a delay was announced.

We are now 2 weeks away from our next stay and it does not look good for May either. :(

As someone who lives in Chicago and has one 1/2 mile from my house, you all are in for a treat.

My only worry would be the quality of the bread (due to the humidity). Key to a Portillo’s beef is the fresh crunchy bread.

Also, during Lent, try a Pepper and Egg… It’s amazing…

Their tuna sandwich is also very good. It's a tuna steak (as opposed to tuna salad) and it's been a hit with everyone I've recommended it to.

So I tried it a couple times the other week.

Food is really good but I found it kind of expensive. Around $13-$15 for a cheeseburger combo meal.
Really good crinkle fries and better ambience than White Castle for a sit down experience.

The main benefit right now is the White Castle is still an hour wait (even at 8 pm) to order food either through physical line or drive through, so the Portilllo's is alot faster. (maybe 5 mintues to order and then 15-20 total to order and get food)

We tried both Portillo’s and White Castles last week.

Portillo’s Italian Beef was outstanding. Incredibly tasty meet that was soft, easy to chew. Good French fries too. We are already planning on returning for our next trip.

White Castles reminded my why I used to only eat it when I was drunk.

I live in the Chicago area. I'm not a huge chocolate person but their chocolate cake is awesome!!

Fun fact: every Portillo's chocolate cake contains a cup of mayo...according to a Portillo's manager I was chatting with one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter