Port to the Swan/Dolphin transportation

Angrypenguin

Disney n00b!
Hey everyone,

We're thinking of booking our first cruise, a 4 night Bahamas cruise on the Dream. Afterwards, we were going to spend a couple nights at the Swan & Dolphin; do the DCL buses provide transportation to the Swan and Dolphin? I can't seem to find a consistent response.

Thanks!

DCL no longer picks up passengers at the Swan/Dolphin to go to PC, so I would find it doubtful that you could get dropped off at either hotel. As far as I know DCL only runs its shuttles to (and from) PC from the WDW resorts and MCO (and by extension, the airport Hyatt).

That said, you could still pay for DCL shuttle to the closest Disney hotel, which would be either the Yacht Club, Beach Club, or the Boardwalk. Then take a cab to the Swan/Dolphin.

DCL no longer picks up passengers at the Swan/Dolphin to go to PC, so I would find it doubtful that you could get dropped off at either hotel. As far as I know DCL only runs its shuttles to (and from) PC from the WDW resorts and MCO (and by extension, the airport Hyatt).

That said, you could still pay for DCL shuttle to the closest Disney hotel, which would be either the Yacht Club, Beach Club, or the Boardwalk. Then take a cab to the Swan/Dolphin.

Thanks, Gigi. Port Canaveral has a rental car service, right? I was thinking of perhaps just renting a car there and driving it to the Swan/Dolphin, then returning it. It'd be cheaper than paying 35/person to get to the Boardwalk. Would that work?

Thanks, Gigi. Port Canaveral has a rental car service, right? I was thinking of perhaps just renting a car there and driving it to the Swan/Dolphin, then returning it. It'd be cheaper than paying 35/person to get to the Boardwalk. Would that work?

There is an Alamo/National rental agency at the Dolphin. When we have returned cars there, all we had to do was hand the keys to the Valet and sign a receipt. Very easy!

Yes! I am renting from Budget at Cape Canaveral when my Fantasy cruise ends and returning the car to the Doubletree near Downtown Disney.
There is an Alamo/National rental agency at the Dolphin. When we have returned cars there, all we had to do was hand the keys to the Valet and sign a receipt. Very easy!

That would be the most convenient, but I don't think there's a National or Alamo location in Cape Canaveral with a shuttle bus to the port. Have you picked up a National/Alamo car at the port?

That would be the most convenient, but I don't think there's a National or Alamo location in Cape Canaveral with a shuttle bus to the port. Have you picked up a National/Alamo car at the port?

Sorry, was just thinking of the convenience at Dolphin and didn't realize they weren't at the Port.

Sorry, was just thinking of the convenience at Dolphin and didn't realize they weren't at the Port.

There is an Alamo at the Port (well, just off the port). It's actually an Enterprise/Alamo, and I just called and confirmed they have shuttles to/from the port. Alamo/Enterprise/National are actually all the same company. :thumbsup2

Angrypenguin said:
There is an Alamo at the Port (well, just off the port). It's actually an Enterprise/Alamo, and I just called and confirmed they have shuttles to/from the port. Alamo/Enterprise/National are actually all the same company. :thumbsup2

Thank you, that is great info to know!

Thanks! I saw Enterprise in Cape Canaveral a few weeks ago, but I think it's relatively new since the last time I rented at the port in Feb. 2011. I usually stay at the Swan, so that would make returning my rental car a whole lot easier!

I already have a Budget car reserved from Cape Canaveral to the Doubletree at DD for December. After reading the above - I checked rates at Alamo and National from CC to the Dolphin. The lowest Alamo rate was $13 more than my Budget rental, but I reserved it. Now I need to decide if it's worth $13 more to be able to drop-off the car at the Dolphin instead of the Doubletree. Probably not - since I planned to eat dinner at DD after returning the Budget car.

Hey everyone,

We're thinking of booking our first cruise, a 4 night Bahamas cruise on the Dream. Afterwards, we were going to spend a couple nights at the Swan & Dolphin; do the DCL buses provide transportation to the Swan and Dolphin? I can't seem to find a consistent response.

Thanks!

Check with DCL again. I was on the Fantasy a couple weeks ago and took Disney Transfers to the Swan on debarkation day.. The price was $35. I don't know if this was per person or the flat rate as I was the only one from the friends I was with going to the World after the cruise. Since Swan (and Dolphin) don't use ME, there was a further cost of $21 to take the Mears shuttle to the airport.
Have a great cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!