Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I book a preferred room does that mean I could end up with a parking lot view in bldg 15?

Yes, you could - or one in building 14 come to that. You can request a garden view of course, and while your chances are pretty good (there are lots more garden views than parking lot views in the Preferred buildings) such requests are not guaranteed.

Andre

Does anyone have pictures of the types of products that are sold at the gift shop? I'm traveling with DW (who loves coffee), and DD, who seemingly can't live without chocolate milk, lol.

I know I could always order from Garden Grocer, or have these things delivered, but we are not renting a car for this trip, and the convenience of having milk, coffee pods, water bottles etc available during the trip without having to grab a cab and garb them off-site would be great.

tazmanrmv said:
Does anyone have pictures of the types of products that are sold at the gift shop? I'm traveling with DW (who loves coffee), and DD, who seemingly can't live without chocolate milk, lol.

I know I could always order from Garden Grocer, or have these things delivered, but we are not renting a car for this trip, and the convenience of having milk, coffee pods, water bottles etc available during the trip without having to grab a cab and garb them off-site would be great.

Portorleans.org - andre's website.

Go to pictures for the main building; there are several pictures of Fulton's General Store. There is both a shelving area with snacks and a refrigerated case.

If I book a preferred room does that mean I could end up with a parking lot view in bldg 15? What would be the best way to avoid that? Can you request a garden or river view or should I request not bldg 15?

The CM laughed at me but I also did not want a parking lot view so I requested "pretty view" top floor. I had booked a preferred room as well. We ended up in building 18- room 1836. It had a nice garden type view and overlooked another AB building.

But after having been.....I don't think it would have mattered to be near the parking lot-those views are much closer to the South Bus Stop. And you have to walk through the parking lot to get to the bus anyways so no matter what you'll still see the parking lot.

Please indulge me, trying to get ticker when i post so am practising here if thats ok but can't seem to do it. Do I need to post certain amount before I get it? Am very computer illiterate so please forgive my questions. We are back home at POR on 22 November and can't wait. You all seem so knowledgeable - I thought I knew Disney and POR but seems I have lots to learn!

But after having been.....I don't think it would have mattered to be near the parking lot-those views are much closer to the South Bus Stop.

Quite. It's not like being in an apartment block opposite an expanse of concert outside WalMart in the middle of city.

Even the parking lot views at Port Orleans are tree-lined and really quite pretty.

Andre

So excited!!! Leave tomorrow morning and will be at POR to check-in probably by Noon. :cool1:

Our first visit to this resort and so looking forward to it. Thanks to Venom, Andrew and all the posters for the great advice and information.

We ordered cases of water from Staples.com. Free shipping if you are a Staples Rewards member.

What type of milk product (1/2 and 1/2, 2 percent, whole milk????) is available to be put in your coffee and can u fill your mug up with milk at the refill stations here? Are there microwaves for guest use?

What type of milk product (1/2 and 1/2, 2 percent, whole milk????) is available to be put in your coffee and can u fill your mug up with milk at the refill stations here? Are there microwaves for guest use?

In the link I posted in my previous post there's a picture of a machine next to the coffee machine that dispenses half and half. I would assume that if you want milk instead that you'd have to purchase a little carton. Milk is not an option for the refillable mugs. There is a microwave for guest use.

phdhycster said:

There was only half and half. No milk at the refill stations. There is a microwave by the salad line just outside of the registers that anyone can use.

One question. The girls loved eating while watching the water wheel and gears. It was working early in the week but not later. Do they only turn it on sometimes or wad it broken?

Does anyone here know which building at POR is closest to Pofq. We have reservations at POR the second week of November and would like to make use of both resort's.My mother's first choice of resort's was pofq but the food options for my son seemed better at POR. I want to be able to please both so I thought maybe breakfast at pofq and supper at por.

Sorry if this has been asked before but
We are currently booked at pofq under the free dining pin for october and i see that garden view is available at riverside for the same price
I really love the rooms of the mansions better then the room at pofq
I understand that requests are just that but would i likely get the mansions or would I probably get alligator bayou?
I guess i am asking should i stay put or risk moving?
Thanks

One question. The girls loved eating while watching the water wheel and gears. It was working early in the week but not later. Do they only turn it on sometimes or wad it broken?

It is usually running, but obviously there are some times when they switch it off for maintenance, cleaning, etc.

Does anyone here know which building at POR is closest to Pofq.

Parterre Place - but that building contains Royal Guest Rooms only. The closest non-Royal building would be Magnolia Terrace.

I understand that requests are just that but would i likely get the mansions or would I probably get alligator bayou?

There are slightly more regular-style AB rooms than there mansion building ones, but if you put in a request you'll stand a pretty good chance of getting a mansion building. If you book a Royal Guest Room then you are guaranteed a mansion building, as the RGRs are located in Parterre Place and Oak Manor only.

Andre

We have a family of five, two adults, two teen boys and a preschool girl. Will we be squished in a POR room?

I love the people on this thread! We just booked in January, so it was really the first time I'd ventured onto the POR thread. It's now less than 2 weeks away from our trip, and we've had to start a new FAQ thread two (?) times since I came in January! That just goes to show how helpful and awesome everyone is :thumbsup2

phdhycster said:

There are microwaves at the food court for your use. I do not know about the milk, since I do not drink it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!