Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pool was around 3 ft. My DD is around 40 and just turned 4, 3 days after we returned this Thursday and could touch. I got both kids vests. It is free to rent them for the week. Don't lug the puddle jumper. You just go to boat rental desk and show them your card. You keep it in your room and return it when your trip is over. They did have a kiddie pool as well but the kids seemed to all be in the big pool. It was empty whenever we walked by or went swimming. We didn't try it out because my daughter swims.

I'm glad they have a kiddie pool as my youngest is not yet 3 and I wasn't sure if there was one age could just stand and has a little splash in.

Hi:) we will be getting to Por to check in around 7-7:30 am. October trip. I understand my room
Probably Won't be ready and they will take my bags for us to go on...I have an ADR at Cape May at 9am (have a car rented). Last trip was POP and checking in at 3pm was crazy long wait. I would think most aren't checking in at 7:30am so we won't be waiting crazy long. What do you think? I keep thinking that 9am breakfast might have to be moved.

How far are the two non royal room mansions from the food cout and main pool its hard to tell on a map
Thanks

Hi:) we will be getting to Por to check in around 7-7:30 am. October trip. I understand my room
Probably Won't be ready and they will take my bags for us to go on...I have an ADR at Cape May at 9am (have a car rented). Last trip was POP and checking in at 3pm was crazy long wait. I would think most aren't checking in at 7:30am so we won't be waiting crazy long. What do you think? I keep thinking that 9am breakfast might have to be moved.

I think you'll be ok, especially if you do online check in. I don't think it will take you more than an hour to check in. As long as you are on your way to BC before 8:30, I think you'll be fine.

We are here!! Arrived around 2:00, and were able to check right in - no line and had not done online check in. And we got our request for connecting rooms with my parents, corner room in Oak Manor! The girls are in love with our Royal Room!! Took a walk around the resort - everything is beautiful! Went to DTD to get our PP+ and have dinner, now kids are asleep and my parents arrive any minute on ME! Excited to head to HS tomorrow :-) Thanks to Andre and everyone on here for all the tips!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We are here!! Arrived around 2:00, and were able to check right in - no line and had not done online check in. And we got our request for connecting rooms with my parents, corner room in Oak Manor! The girls are in love with our Royal Room!! Took a walk around the resort - everything is beautiful! Went to DTD to get our PP+ and have dinner, now kids are asleep and my parents arrive any minute on ME! Excited to head to HS tomorrow :-) Thanks to Andre and everyone on here for all the tips!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Yay!!! Have a fantastic time! :yay:

I think you'll be ok, especially if you do online check in. I don't think it will take you more than an hour to check in. As long as you are on your way to BC before 8:30, I think you'll be fine.

I'm not even sure how online check in works. I will have to figure out how many days before I can do that since I won't be around a computer for a week before we even get to Disney. We are offsite before our Disney trip starts. Hubby figures we will be at POR by 7. It was planned to be an early morning with breakfast at 9am. We just need to check in first.

I'm not even sure how online check in works. I will have to figure out how many days before I can do that since I won't be around a computer for a week before we even get to Disney. We are offsite before our Disney trip starts. Hubby figures we will be at POR by 7. It was planned to be an early morning with breakfast at 9am. We just need to check in first.

Online check in can be done up to 60 days before check-in as long as you are in the USA. I think it's still 10 days if you live in the United Kingdom.

Hey everyone nice to see everyone is making it over here well. Just thought to pop on and say hope everyone is having a great memorial weekend!

When you check in online which you can do a fairly long time away from your arrival day, you're basically just giving all your info that you would if you were checking in "in-person" at the desk. You still have to go to the front desk but they will have your packet ready with your room keys (even if your room isn't ready yet). It's just a lot quicker.

My only concern about the 9am ADR is if your flight gets delayed for any reason if you are flying don't forget Cape May is $10 charge pp for no shows if you don't cancel the night before BUT even if you show up late you'll be fine-andthey'll work you in.:thumbsup2

Andre, I am impressed - yards, that is pretty good!

Yes, I gather them's like metres but a bit shorter... :)

(Actually I tend to be old fashioned anyway, I still think in imperial measurements most of the time - I guess I'm bilingual!)

Andre

2 sleeps ( as if I'll be able to sleep tomorrow night). Mostly packed, I can't wait! I've had packages delivered and we rented a stroller from Baby Wheels Orlando. Should I ask for those things at check in ( around noon) or should I wait until we have our room? Maybe I'll get lucky and our room will be ready. Did online check in and sent a fax. Crossing my fingers for some Pixie Dust.

When you check in online which you can do a fairly long time away from your arrival day, you're basically just giving all your info that you would if you were checking in "in-person" at the desk. You still have to go to the front desk but they will have your packet ready with your room keys (even if your room isn't ready yet). It's just a lot quicker.

My only concern about the 9am ADR is if your flight gets delayed for any reason if you are flying don't forget Cape May is $10 charge pp for no shows if you don't cancel the night before BUT even if you show up late you'll be fine-andthey'll work you in.:thumbsup2

My flight will be in a week before. We are just staying offsite with a rent a car before our Disney trip starts to check out Orlando and shopping. We will be 15 or so minute drive away. I don't think I will do online check in. Hopefully 7-7:30am doesn't have a great lot checking in :) the rental last day is our 1st Disney day but I figured it will make getting to Cape May faster so that us why I booked for that morning. Be a great start to our trip we love cape may breakfast.

2 sleeps ( as if I'll be able to sleep tomorrow night). Mostly packed, I can't wait! I've had packages delivered and we rented a stroller from Baby Wheels Orlando. Should I ask for those things at check in ( around noon) or should I wait until we have our room? Maybe I'll get lucky and our room will be ready.
did you rent from them before? I am still needing to rent a stroller (Oct. trip) and they have pretty good rates. Wondering about their service and quality of the stroller :). Enjoy your trip!

did you rent from them before? I am still needing to rent a stroller (Oct. trip) and they have pretty good rates. Wondering about their service and quality of the stroller :). Enjoy your trip!

I haven't used them before. I'll have to let you know how they are.

Just back from another AMAZING week at Disney!! We stayed at POR for the first 6 nights of our trip - this was my 4th time at POR - before transferring to the Poly for the last night to relax. We'd booked a Standard Room with a request for connecting rooms (we travelled with my friend and her 7 yo DS). 5 Days before we went, I faxed our requests and did not get a response. When we checked in we found we'd been upgraded to a garden view room in Magnolia Terrace, 3rd floor, connecting rooms. Had a GREAT night watching Yeeehaawww Bob ... I'm still singing!!

Let me know if you have any questions!!

Just back from another AMAZING week at Disney!! We stayed at POR for the first 6 nights of our trip - this was my 4th time at POR - before transferring to the Poly for the last night to relax. We'd booked a Standard Room with a request for connecting rooms (we travelled with my friend and her 7 yo DS). 5 Days before we went, I faxed our requests and did not get a response. When we checked in we found we'd been upgraded to a garden view room in Magnolia Terrace, 3rd floor, connecting rooms. Had a GREAT night watching Yeeehaawww Bob ... I'm still singing!!

Let me know if you have any questions!!

Glad you had a great time! How were the buses? We're staying at POR for the first time in Sept. after only staying deluxe and the only thing that concerns me is the buses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter