Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread - Royally Refurbished for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking that under normal circumstances having a '16 yo ninja stealth' daughter may be (from a parental pov) a little disconcerting but in this situation, yea for us!!

i should have qualified that she's a stealth ninja when it comes to taking pics w/her brand new nikon slr... on the homefront she's an awesome young lady that does nothing either stealthily nor ninja-like! LOL!

if her brother trips and falls against an unlocked door and she takes pics of "his injuries" we should be okay in the legal department :rotfl:

Hey Venomhatch this is all I have for the bridge shot facing the pool.
IMG_1570-1.jpg

I am the one who posted the question about garden view and the queen beds. I made a reservation for the garden view for late January 2012. If you go onto the Disney World website and look to see availabilty for rooms in December, all room choices for standard, preferred, and river water views say you will be getting two double beds. No garden view option comes up and no mention of queen beds. When you look for availabilty for the first week of January, garden view option turns up along with standard, preferred, and river view. The standard, preferred and river/water views all still say you get double beds. But the garden view says you get queen beds. So the only option with queen beds is garden view. That probably doesn't mean you wont get a chance at having queen beds with the other view options but you aren't guarenteed queen beds. Also you pay more for garden view. I am paying 33 more dollars per night vs the standard view. You pay more than 80 per night for preferred and water view. Now the thing that I don't get is that when I booked for the last week of January, the only rooms available when I booked were garden view. That must mean most people booked water view and preferred over getting queen beds guarenteed with garden view. Also people opted for standard over garden view because it was 33 dollars cheaper. Based on my research I would say I am definitely getting queen beds with garden view, meaning I am getting a refurbished room. What do you think?

Garden view is a new category for 2012, so the description was written with the new rooms in mind. The other descriptions are older and it often takes Disney a while to get around to updating things like that on their website. I wouldn't take it as any indication of which bedding arrangement you'll get; that'll be luck of the draw on room assignment.

When you booked for Jan, did you apply a discount code? Often only the most common or less desirable room types are available with a discount, even though all room types are available to those willing to pay full price.

Okay, so I can't find my answer in the few pages I skimmed....

Are the trundle beds still going to be available in POR?

We have stayed at OKW on rented points the last few trips and now the kids are out of cribs and I need to sleep 3 munchkins.

I hate to pay deluxe prices because we really aren't in the room that much and my source for cheap rental points won't work this year.

Help!

Okay, so I can't find my answer in the few pages I skimmed....

Are the trundle beds still going to be available in POR?

We have stayed at OKW on rented points the last few trips and now the kids are out of cribs and I need to sleep 3 munchkins.

I hate to pay deluxe prices because we really aren't in the room that much and my source for cheap rental points won't work this year.

Help!

Jenny, while there will be a fifth bed available in some POR rooms (AB section), they may not be "trundle" as we are used to, but rather more of a murphy style bed (twin sized or slightly smaller)... if you scroll back about 3 pages you will find some photos of what they are expected to be (from aulani in hawaii)...

Well I changed to a standard view. I requested a remodeled room in Magnolia bend. If I am front and center to the parking lot then I guess that just gets me to the parks earlier. I upgraded from 2 day tickets to 10 day tickets and got a refund of $107. My financial conscience is clear and I will now get back to counting down the days. If somebody gets there before me save me a riverside bench :cloud9:

Jenny, while there will be a fifth bed available in some POR rooms (AB section), they may not be "trundle" as we are used to, but rather more of a murphy style bed (twin sized or slightly smaller)... if you scroll back about 3 pages you will find some photos of what they are expected to be (from aulani in hawaii)...

PERFECT! Thank you!

When you look for availabilty for the first week of January, garden view option turns up along with standard, preferred, and river view. The standard, preferred and river/water views all still say you get double beds. But the garden view says you get queen beds.

The problem is that the 'Garden View' room category starts along with the new room rates for 2012, and is thus newly-written copy. The other room descriptions are all existing text, which has not yet been updated and presumably won't be until the end of July when all refurbishment work should be complete.

Some of us are concerned that the description may have been written for how the resort will be configured long term, but in the shorter term guests might still be allocated a garden view room in AB, but with double beds instead of queens. There is no verification of this, but it wouldn't be the first time that the WDW website's detailed descriptions have contained slight inaccuracies.

If you do get allocated a room with double beds and the booking website refers to queens then I'm sure you would be able to ask to be moved though, and if it does happen I'm guessing you won't be the only one.

In short, we don't really know for sure yet - and that probably includes Disney's call center staff. Time will tell.

Andre

One more day to go before our first POR stay!

Washin, washin, washin...:laundy: I wish my washing machine would move faster-I got packin' to do!

I have the Royal Room booked with River View:banana:. Can anyone tell me if these rooms are on the front of the mansions? I have never stayed or been too POR.

I have the Royal Room booked with River View:banana:. Can anyone tell me if these rooms are on the front of the mansions? I have never stayed or been too POR.

They will occupy the whole buildings of OAK and Parterre only.

What are the chances of getting an accessible room in AB that sleeps 5 and is close to the main building?

What are the chances of getting an accessible room in AB that sleeps 5 and is close to the main building?

You would have to book through the disabilities reservation number.

You can check out the disabilities board and they have the number posted.

Buildings closest to the main building are now a booking category called "preferred."

We don't know at present just how Accessible Rooms will work in Alligator Bayou after the refit. We do know that standard queen bed rooms in AB will have a new pull-down murphy bed, but we don't know whether Accessible rooms will have that option or not (although they will at least have two queen beds). I would hope so, but it's hard to be sure at the moment.

Andre

I am the one that posted the original question about automatically getting a refurbished room if you get garden view. I called at two separate times today, to Disney reservations. I was told the same thing when I called each time. They both said I was guaranteed a refurbished room. I would be getting queen beds. I asked both times if I should put in a special request to get a refurbished room. They both said I should not make a request. That I would be getting queen beds. That there was no point in making the request. The one that I called the second time said that there was only a chance that I might get a trundle room with the queen beds. (which I could care less about) The second lady said if there was a possibility I would be getting double beds instead of queen, it would show up in her computer. It would say something along the lines of -room is being renovated to queen beds or something like that.

Now, they both could be wrong, but I am not going to worry about it anymore. It said on the website I would be getting queen beds, the reservation department confirmed this twice to me, and my email from Disney, confirming my reservation, states queen beds. Like another poster said before, if I am given an older room when I get to the resort, I can demand a refurbished room based on what my reservation says.

-C

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter