Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ thread - Refurbished for 2011 - Now CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the encouragement maxiesmom :goodvibes

I have been to POFQ for Mother-Daughter trips and LOVED it! :thumbsup2 Cannot imagine a better place for my first try going solo :) I plan to enjoy every minute ;):goodvibes :cloud9:

I second that....my marathon weekend trip last mth was solo....you will enjoy every minute!

Hi guys! :wave: We just upgraded from ASMo to POFQ this afternoon. This will be my first time there (I think for my boyfriend too). I'm just soooo excited to hear all the positive feedback!

My family has booked 2 rooms at POFQ on my next stay. All the glowing reviews here are making me that much more happy we chose this location.

Wondering if anybody has any tips on how to request joined rooms.

Happy to see the new thread! Signing in to wait....November seems like it will never get here!

Wondering if anybody has any tips on how to request joined rooms.

Just call Disney (assuming you booked with them) and get them to add the request to your booking. Are there going to be minors staying alone in one of the rooms? If so, let Disney know as that's about the only way to guarantee a connecting room.

Andre

We really enjoyed staying here. We normally stay offsite, so this was our first disney resort experience. The new rooms are so beautiful.

Couple negatives :eek:
- The linens felt very rough :(
- The food court had no "grab and go section" and the selections felt very limited. The food was just "eh" at the food court.

Postives :goodvibes
- The beds were so comfy and roomy! LOVED having the queen size bed!
- The Lifeguards at the pool were amazing! They were always walking around the pool and even played games with the children.
- The bus service was pretty good (again nothing to compare too) but I think the most we waited was 20 min for a bus to arrive. Once and a while the bus would also go to Riverside, but French Quarter was the first pick up and the first drop off.
- the resort size was PERFECT. It wasn't too big and not too small. We never heard others in the connecting room.
- you could see illuminations from our balcony.
- Boat service to Downtown Disney! We loved having this - we weren't able to use it as much as we wanted too, but it was very convienient.
- Cleanliness of the room, and the resort! It is amazing how neat they keep everything. Our mousekeeper left us several towel animals!!! Kids LOVED THAT!

All in all, it was a great place to stay! The resort is very centrally located, so it was never that far of a ride to the parks!
For all you trying to decide to stay there in the future I give it a TWO THUMBS UP!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 def give this place a try!

The food court had no "grab and go section" and the selections felt very limited.

They do sorta, but as you say there's not that much there:

POFQ-Food-2010b-1123_forum.jpg

POFQ-Food-2010b-1119_forum.jpg

Andre

I just switched our Grand Gathering from POP to POFQ and I am so excited! Haven't stayed at POFQ since it was just Port Orleans and I can't wait to get back. I'm sure this will be the first of MANY questions, but is hot chocolate available for refillable mug refills? The last MOD we stayed at was CSR, we loved it, but no hot chocolate :confused3

Thanks for any and all help!

We stayed at POFQ for the first time in December and my new favorite. I don't even think I'd pick a Deluxe over it. So now we are coming back in September.

I've seen people mention seeing Illuminations from the balcony. What buildings/room can you see it from?

We stayed at POFQ for the first time in December and my new favorite. I don't even think I'd pick a Deluxe over it. So now we are coming back in September.

I've seen people mention seeing Illuminations from the balcony. What buildings/room can you see it from?

We were in building 7, 3rd floor. I cannot remember the room number, but we did luck out with a corner room!

Hi- I think we'll be there the same time!:)

Cool! Our dates right now are the 20th to the 26th. We may tweak it a day or 2 either way if a code comes out that we can use. As of right now there wasn't even a AAA discount for that week.

I just got back from a week at POFQ - in the newly refurbed building 4. We had such a good experience here, I doubt we'll want to stay at another resort. The food court was great - the po'boy bbq sandwich I had could have easily fed 2-3 people and my mom LOVED the gumbo. We tend to eat at quite a few restaurants when we go to WDW, so having a food court that has several unique items available is a huge plus for us.

Everyone was so nice! It was definitely the *best* service we've had at any of the resorts we've stayed at over the year - and that's quite a list!

We'll definitely be staying here again in the future - it really felt like our room was 'home'.

I'm so excited. We're planning our first trip to the world in October. Everything is already booked, including airfair. We're staying at FOFQ!! I haven't heard a negative thing about this place yet:thumbsup2

We were in Buliding 4 3rd floor facing the parking lot. The view is not ideal, but you could see it none the less. It was fun for the kids to see a few fireworks as we were getting ready for bed.

Cool! Our dates right now are the 20th to the 26th. We may tweak it a day or 2 either way if a code comes out that we can use. As of right now there wasn't even a AAA discount for that week.

I doubt there will be any good codes that week d/t T-giving, but here's hoping! I think we'll just miss each other, though. We're getting there the 25th, but staying at the Dolphin for the first 3 nights, (got an incredible nurses rate $184 resort view) then transferring to POFQ for 4 nights and a last night at RPH at Universal (yeah, we're completely nuts) Here's hoping for good weather:lovestruc

So building 5 must be just about done by now, can anyone staying over the next few days confirm if any rooms have been opened up as yet, and which building they seem to be moving on to next?

Andre

This thread is great. Lots of great information.

Quick question... has anyone had difficulty getting reservations for POFQ?

I am looking to book probably in April/May for a trip the first week of October.

Do you think I will have a problem getting a standard room?

We leave in two weeks for a 10-night stay.

I will not be requesting a refurb room because

a) It's just my husband, son and myself and we'd prefer to leave the extra bed space to those families who need it;
b) I am concerned there will be less floor space for my toddler's crib.

If I do get a refurb room, I'll make sure to take lots of pictures.

If anyone has any special requests please let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter