Pop vs. Swan

Runred1893

Earning My Ears
I know this has been asked and answered a ton on these boards, but remind me: if price is about the same, why am I choosing Pop over Swan? Just my 11 year old daughter & I for this last minute trip in November. I have us booked at Pop for 11/11 - 11/15 and just happened to look up swan pricing and it is pretty much the same. When we go as a family, we typically stay at BC or CR. We always stay on property, so I booked Pop to keep the pricing down.

I should book the room at Swan, right?? We will Uber from MCO instead of magical express obviously and if buses are an issue, we will bus to one of the boardwalk resorts and walk from there. Thanks in advance for your opinions!

I think the swan is beautiful. So many more dining options within walking distance if you don’t have a car.
I don‘t know if the prices quoted included the “resort fee” for the swan? it used to be $25, not sure how much it is now.
The added cost of the Uber each way is also a factor.
The beds at the swan are very nice as well.
I think the buses still include the swan and dolphin, along with the boardwalk resorts. I’m not sure if that has changed with Covid.

The only reason you’d choose Pop over Swan is if you required a room that smacked you in the face with Disney when you walked in.

The Swan is a nicer resort in a better location. If price is the same, I’d choose the Swan without a doubt.

If you’re not using Magical Express, that levels the playing field, and Swan wins. You would be getting a Deluxe at a Moderate price.

I think the buses still include the swan and dolphin, along with the boardwalk resorts. I’m not sure if that has changed with Covid.
This just recently changed. The Swan & Dolphin are now using Mears Buses instead of Disney provided buses. Currently this impacts where you are dropped off at the parks.

For the MK, you are dropped off at the TTC near the MK parking lot vs the Disney Resort Bus loop just outside of the MK.

For the other 3 parks your Mears Swan & Dolphin bus will just be further away from the normal Disney bus loop.

Yes Swan & Dolphin are providing bus service to Epcot and HS. The Friendship boats that run a loop between Epcot , Crescent Lake resorts, and HS are scheduled to resume service on Nov. 1st which may impact the Mears bus service to Epcot & HS.

Dave

I know this has been asked and answered a ton on these boards, but remind me: if price is about the same, why am I choosing Pop over Swan? Just my 11 year old daughter & I for this last minute trip in November. I have us booked at Pop for 11/11 - 11/15 and just happened to look up swan pricing and it is pretty much the same. When we go as a family, we typically stay at BC or CR. We always stay on property, so I booked Pop to keep the pricing down.

I should book the room at Swan, right?? We will Uber from MCO instead of magical express obviously and if buses are an issue, we will bus to one of the boardwalk resorts and walk from there. Thanks in advance for your opinions!
There is no bus from the Swan to the boardwalk resorts. The Swan is a short walk to the Boardwalk and is walkable to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. As Dave stated, the bus issue with the Swan's Mears buses is being dropped off farther from the park entrances than the Disney buses. That's only a significant issue with regard to MK, where you're dropped off at TTC instead of by the park entrance. If trying to arrive early and rope drop, that's a problem. Some people have suggested walking from the Swan to one of the nearby Disney resorts and taking the Disney bus to MK instead of taking the Swan's Mears bus to TTC.

We just stayed at the Swan last week and honestly, it just doesn't give you that Disney feeling. It could be a hotel room anywhere -- there's really nothing special about it. It is conveniently located within walking distance to DHS and Epcot, which is a definite plus. But again, there's at $34/night resort fee as well as you would have to find your own transportation between the airport and the resort. Not great bus service to MK now because of being dropped off at the TTC, too. My husband and I have both decided we'd rather stay at Disney resorts going forward -- it just doesn't give us the feeling we want when going to Disney. Of course, that's a totally personal thing and the Swan/Dolphin is a perfectly fine resort.

An 11 year old is not likely to be blown away by a themed room. Swan is more subtle, but is a nicer hotel with better dining. If you want crazy over the top Disney, I'd actually go AoA, which has been closed since Covid, but is opening in November.

Reports are mixed on the new bus system, you could always go to the DVC next door or even walk to the skyliner.

We just stayed at the Swan last week and honestly, it just doesn't give you that Disney feeling. It could be a hotel room anywhere -- there's really nothing special about it. It is conveniently located within walking distance to DHS and Epcot, which is a definite plus. But again, there's at $34/night resort fee as well as you would have to find your own transportation between the airport and the resort. Not great bus service to MK now because of being dropped off at the TTC, too. My husband and I have both decided we'd rather stay at Disney resorts going forward -- it just doesn't give us the feeling we want when going to Disney. Of course, that's a totally personal thing and the Swan/Dolphin is a perfectly fine resort.

While I agree with your premise that the Swan does not have the Disney feel, I am all about location, and I feel like the accommodations are just nicer than Pop. DME is nice, but getting airport transfers isn’t too much money and I actually sometimes prefer knowing that the second I get my bags, I’ll be on my way and there is no uncertainty with a DME bus. For me, this is an easy decision, and even factoring in the extra $30 a night for the resort fee, I would still choose the Swan over Pop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts