Pop Up Weddings

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by Imaluvbug53, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Imaluvbug53

Imaluvbug53 Earning My Ears

I've come across a few things on websites I can't remember now about Pop up weddings in the MK. I had read that if you are quick and don't block walkways or cause a scene the cast members will let you be. Has anyone experienced this or done this? Any info?

My fiancé and I want a small quick ceremony with just a handful of people but can't swing the cost of one of the packages Disney offers. We'd have to fund it ourselves and I'm swimming in 8k worth of medical bills from endometrial cancer, which I just was cleared of! yay! We want to get married soon so we can start a family before I have to have a hysterectomy.

2. mousehockey37

mousehockey37 DIS Veteran

No. You have to go through the official Disney Weddings to have a wedding on property.

wilkeliza likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. ALegrande

ALegrande Mouseketeer

From everything I've ever seen/read, pop up weddings are a HUGE no-no, especially in MK. If you tried to do something quick at a hotel or on say a rented pontoon boat or something like that, mayyyybe you could get away with it but it would be a huge risk and they could ban you from property. Which, to me, wouldn't be as big of a deal as feeling embarrassed and feeling like my wedding day was "ruined".

If you definitely can't even afford a memories package, for example, I wouldn't take the risk, but that's just me! Especially if you mention having a handful of people... I feel like that would instantly draw attention and could ruin your day! Good luck though- hope you are able to find something that works for your budget and makes all your dreams come true! :genie::flower1:

5. justlook3

justlook3 Mouseketeer

It's so great that you're cancer free! As others have stated, I wouldn't risk the chance of having my wedding ruined if Disney decides to enforce their rules in a park. However, people have and you can have a ceremony in a hotel room or on the balcony of said hotel room or on a rented pontoon boat. There are less expensive options near Disney property as well. Then maybe have a day of celebration in the parks with your friends and family? Good luck and congratulations again on being cancer free!

6. aristocatz

aristocatz DIS Veteran

There are much cheaper options you could look into on Disney property, without having to pay the high DFTW prices.

There are several places in Disney Springs that are under $2K, really pretty locations, & you actually get quite a bit for your money! You could do a ceremony in Disney Springs followed by a restaurant reception at Disney Springs or in one of the parks or hotels.

7. wilkeliza

wilkeliza DIS Veteran

A pop up wedding in a park is a quick way to get trespassed from property. Sure you could do the whole thing with no problem and have the stories you read about online or you could have the story where Disney decides today is the day they will enforce their policies and have your wedding ruined and be banned from property.

You can do a small ceremony in a hotel room with no one stopping you. Outside of that the board policy says we can't directly go against Disney policies and technically weddings in the parks not through Disney Weddings is against the rules.