POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
This October will be our first stay at POP, we have been at POFQ our last 3 trips (love that place!) but decided to try POP with the kiddos and the free dining. I was reading about Magical Express to help a friend and noticed that it said it was offered for "select resorts". We've always used it at POFQ but it made me wonder.... ME is available at POP too right?? **Please say yes!** Thanks!! We are so so excited about our trip!

Yes, definitely. Used it two different trips now at Pop with no problems.

Can't wait, we check in in 7 days.
We leave to start our trip in 5.
I have 3 more days of work.

We are at Pop for 7 Nights!!!!

So excited:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

OMG....I just re-read your post, you'll be there on the 15th? We'll be there until the 18th, maybe we'll cross paths! Safe Travels!

I am super excited too!!!! :banana: We leave Friday at noon, today is my last day at work as I wouldn't be any good beyond this point - so cleaning, packing, errands on Wednesday and Thursday.

And we'll be there 7 nights too!!!

I hope you have a great trip, we'll just miss you but we'll make sure it's all good for you before we leave :thumbsup2

I am planning on going to the Pop the first week in December NEXT YEAR.
Who else is planning on going then?
Praying prices for 2015 come out VERY soon:confused3

I didn't have time to read through the 100s of posts since our trip last November...

Are there fridges in all the rooms again?

Did they ever change the "new" food court menu? I was so disappointed in the changes last November - I used to love eating at Pop.

Fridges have been back for a while! No idea on the menu, I'm guessing it's pretty similar.

I can't believe we are finally under the 45 day mark. I must say I need to get going. I need to start picking up the essentials. I don't want to have to run to target all at once and drop over 100.00. We have so much going on this trip frozen premium package at HS and Villains Unleashed. Seems like yesterday my trip was 6 months always.

You are so close Kelly! Very exciting! 17 days - I'm jealous! :yay::yay:

I didn't have time to read through the 100s of posts since our trip last November...

Are there fridges in all the rooms again?

Did they ever change the "new" food court menu? I was so disappointed in the changes last November - I used to love eating at Pop.

We were there in May and the menu at Allearsnet.com looks pretty up to date. They also had build your own burrito option that my son loved. Didn't see the Fish and Chips or Charcuterie (which we looked for - if you watch Modern Family you'll know why). I was also able to order the Parmesan crusted chicken with Alfredo sauce (which I don't believe is listed)...it is my favorite thing there.

http://allears.net/dining/menu/everything-pop/lunch-dinner

chocovrdmicears said:
We were there in May and the menu at Allearsnet.com looks pretty up to date. They also had build your own burrito option that my son loved. Didn't see the Fish and Chips or Charcuterie (which we looked for - if you watch Modern Family you'll know why). I was also able to order the Parmesan crusted chicken with Alfredo sauce (which I don't believe is listed)...it is my favorite thing there.

http://allears.net/dining/menu/everything-pop/lunch-dinner

Was the Alfredo on the menu? My daughter loves it but we didn't see it in October.

Was the Alfredo on the menu? My daughter loves it but we didn't see it in October.

It was there in June when we went. I didn't get it, but definitely saw it on the menu. I second that the Parmesan crusted chicken is excellent! And you can have pasta with marinara, Alfredo, or cheese with it. Yum!

Silly question. We have preferred view booked (only thing left for free dining) but would really like 50's lake view which is not preferred. Any chance of requesting this and getting it?

I think it is worth the shot. We are in a similar situation. A CM recommended to me that I should check back every day because they have cancellations from other guests on a daily basis, making more rooms available, so you could get lucky.

Silly question. We have preferred view booked (only thing left for free dining) but would really like 50's lake view which is not preferred. Any chance of requesting this and getting it?

It never hurts to call and talk with someone about it!:thumbsup2

My husband and I've stayed at Pop several times, but this will be my mother's first time staying here. She's got a bit of a sweet tooth and loves to have a cup of coffee with something sweet every morning. I usually only get the tie dye cheesecake so don't know what else to recommend. Any suggestions?

My husband and I've stayed at Pop several times, but this will be my mother's first time staying here. She's got a bit of a sweet tooth and loves to have a cup of coffee with something sweet every morning. I usually only get the tie dye cheesecake so don't know what else to recommend. Any suggestions?

When is the last time you had the tie dye cheesecake? I was soooo sad the last time we were there.
original:
014-e1347223899417.jpg

now :worried:
null_zps2271d795.jpg

With that being said, POP has plenty of pastries that your mom can enjoy with her coffee and their waffles are delicious :goodvibes

When is the last time you had the tie dye cheesecake? I was soooo sad the last time we were there.
original:
014-e1347223899417.jpg

now :worried:
null_zps2271d795.jpg

With that being said, POP has plenty of pastries that your mom can enjoy with her coffee and their waffles are delicious :goodvibes

We were there in May. Yes, cheesecake was very sad :sad1: . It's a bummer they changed it.
Code:
[CODE]
[/CODE]

It looked so gross in October that I refused to try it. That's saying a lot...I have a huge sweet tooth and more credits than I knew what to do with on the dining plan! :sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter