POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, this will be my first visit to WDW. I'm not familiar with Pop's renovation schedule.

So the last major room refurb was done at Pop in 2010. During that project, rooms were painted, mattresses replaced, new TV/dresser furniture installed, switch to flat panel TVs, and privacy curtain installed.

Since then, refrigerators were added to all rooms, and later on the linen treatment was changed from full bedspreads to a clean sheet/runner treatment. This linen switch was made across most/many resorts.

And in 2013 all (or most) of the refrigerators were replaced due to a recall. This also affected refrigerators across most/many resorts.

Sorry, this will be my first visit to WDW. I'm not familiar with Pop's renovation schedule.

Sorry...I didn't mean to confuse you. :goodvibes The only known thing happening at POP right now is that they are removing the hair dryers that were attached to the wall, and replacing them with traditional hair dryers. Basically just unscrewing the holder from the wall and replacing it with a flat panel to cover up the hole.

We stayed at POP from the 21st of September - 2nd of October and we were happy with it! Our room was clean enough (still a mess but we had SO much stuff). We didn't get towel animals at all, but I didn't care much about that.

I loved our location. We were traveling with two other families and had requested that we be close to each other. However the one family arrived about six hours before us due to our plane having major delays, and we were not anywhere near them. We definitely got the better end of that deal though in my opinion. We were 3rd floor in the 60's building and I could see both the lake and a really great view of the pool. I didn't have any trouble with noise, but if you like things really quiet at night then it wouldn't be ideal.

We had our hairdryer replaced while we were there, and so did my friends in the connecting room, but my other friends in the 70's area did not.

I can say for runners - the running path was fantastic. I got up each morning and ran, and some evenings, usually in the dark and felt completely safe. Tons of other people were out running too, so it was a great situation.

I didn't like the food at the food court, but I'm picky about food. My husband and son seemed to like it and I did taste the pizza one day and it wasn't bad. Actually NONE of it was bad - just typical CS I'd say.

Busses were better than I had feared. We had two days with insane waits (40+ minutes) but that was a-typical. Normally it was so much better. And coming home from the parks was even easier because we just hopped on either Pop or AOA - whichever was there and/or had the shorter line. The walk across the bridge was so easy, and our room was RIGHT near the entrance to the bridge.

The laundry facilities worked! No complaints there.

We had absolutely no issue with theft - I'm sorry a pp did!

Oh another poster mentioned a HS day that was so crowded and they added a Fantasmic. We were there that day (in HS) and I looked at touring plans. They had originally said it was a 4/10 crowd. Um....no. It wasn't. I looked back and it has since been changed to an actual crowd of 8/10. THAT was more like it! Most of our days though we didn't have too much of a wait to anything thanks to fast pass and also not having huge "must do" lists. Though we did hit every big name ride in the parks, thanks to having a longer trip.

The only CM's I ran into that weren't totally friendly were at the Pop dining, but they weren't bad at all - just not as friendly as some. Our mousekeeper didn't speak English all that well but was friendly enough when I saw her!

AOA is beautiful and I think it would be fun to stay there, but will likely save the money and just stay at Pop again and walk over there to check it out! I ate at their food court twice, and though I liked their options better - it was still typical CS food. Nothing bad!

We are going back in September and right now are booked to stay there again - I really was pleased!

Also I'm not sure what Pop Warner kids are, but I didn't run into a single unpleasant person/group of people during my trip. I'm easy to please, but both my husband and I both said we were shocked how clean everything was and how polite people were overall!

The flooring was likely the result of the flooding that took place. I think the PPs talking about the "refurb" was just about the new hairdryers.

:goodvibes Well we can get excited about anything right? and we certainly needed new ones! :goodvibes

I officially declare The Great Pop Century Hair Dryer Renovation Project of Two Thousand Fourteen now in effect. :goodvibes

:rotfl: LOVE IT!! Perfect!! :thumbsup2

:rotfl2:

We check in in 10 days. I hope I get a "refurbed" room. :goodvibes

:teeth:

I didn't know we could request a fan. Was it the box style? Where/when did you request it? We will be at Pop in 14 days and DH would love a fan!!

We have only ever requested it when we actually get to our room - as soon as we get in, DH calls Housekeeping and they bring one up :)

Sorry for just getting back to ya! Yes, it was the Poppin Nacho Supreme. Had it with beef chili, melted queso, shredded cheese, black olives, salsa, sour cream, bacon and guac. AMAZING! Esp for only $6.99. My whole lunch (with TiW discount) came to just over $8.00! That less than my typical salad at Subway!

Poppin Nachos are our FAVE. They are so good and the portion is so huge that DH and I share them. We really REALLY love them!

It seems like just yesterday we were tracking the building/room refurbs at Pop, but it was 2010. Is Pop going through another round of new refurbs?

2010 already??? How did almost 5 years pass already?? 167 days!

We have only ever requested it when we actually get to our room - as soon as we get in, DH calls Housekeeping and they bring one up :)

Poppin Nachos are our FAVE. They are so good and the portion is so huge that DH and I share them. We really REALLY love them!

2010 already??? How did almost 5 years pass already?? 167 days!

My DD and I shared the nachos last year...and yes YUM!

Yes, we are approaching the 5 year mark. Wonder if we might see some significant changes in the next year?

I subscribed to the new thread and I did it without posting "subbing". Amazing how that works.

I AM PAID OFF!! IT'S MORE OFFICIAL AND MY ROOM REQUEST AND ONLINE CHECK IN IS DONE. :cheer2: COME ON DEC 3

Just back from Pop this week. We didn't get a lot of snacks for the room at first because I forgot :lmao: But one night after Everything Pop had closed I was hungry and went to the vending machine and spent $2.50 on a .50 bag of chips. I was at the Contemporary the next day to go from MK to DTD to see a movie and saw in their store they had big bags of chips for a dollar more. I swore I would never pay that much again for chips lol. After the movie (Gone Girl was 3 hrs long and by the time I got back to Pop it was 2:30am) I wanted a drink and looked at the drink machine and they were over $3 I went to bed thirsty this time. The next night I went to Wal Mart and bought drinks and snacks so this wouldn't happen again. Don't forget your snacks when going to the resort!!!! I learned the hard way.

Just back from Pop this week. We didn't get a lot of snacks for the room at first because I forgot :lmao: But one night after Everything Pop had closed I was hungry and went to the vending machine and spent $2.50 on a .50 bag of chips. I was at the Contemporary the next day to go from MK to DTD to see a movie and saw in their store they had big bags of chips for a dollar more. I swore I would never pay that much again for chips lol. After the movie (Gone Girl was 3 hrs long and by the time I got back to Pop it was 2:30am) I wanted a drink and looked at the drink machine and they were over $3 I went to bed thirsty this time. The next night I went to Wal Mart and bought drinks and snacks so this wouldn't happen again. Don't forget your snacks when going to the resort!!!! I learned the hard way.

How was the movie? Worth 3 hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter