POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me about getting to the water parks. Not sure which one yet but I think I remember the bus went to downtown disney and one of the water parks, is that normally how it goes?

Sometimes, not always, the bus to Typhoon Lagoon also stops at DTD.

We decided to do Whispering Canon for dinner this trip and have never been there. We are doing this on our 2nd MK day and I was wondering if you can take the boat from MK to Wilderness Lodge. Also if you can how late will the boat run? We have a 7:55 ADR & I'm trying to figure out the best way to get back to POP. Thanks :)

We decided to do Whispering Canon for dinner this trip and have never been there. We are doing this on our 2nd MK day and I was wondering if you can take the boat from MK to Wilderness Lodge.

You sure can!

Also if you can how late will the boat run? We have a 7:55 ADR & I'm trying to figure out the best way to get back to POP. Thanks :)

They run for an hour and a half after MK closes.

When I got water out of the power are dispenser it was slightly tinted blue and had that hint of powerade. The water out of the lemonade dispenser looked and tasted better. There was no sulfur or chlorine tasteb to either.

That's great to know because I try really hard not to drink anything with too much sugar so I need a decent source of water. Thank you! :goodvibes

I'll be staying at POP for the first time in December (14-17). I've heard/read a lot of wonderful things and can't wait to get there.

Can anyone tell me if there are irons in the rooms?

Also, how is the Food Court for breakfast?

Also my first trip for this time of year, so what kind of temps should I expect?

That's great to know because I try really hard not to drink anything with too much sugar so I need a decent source of water. Thank you! :goodvibes

You're welcome.

I'll be staying at POP for the first time in December (14-17). I've heard/read a lot of wonderful things and can't wait to get there.

Also my first trip for this time of year, so what kind of temps should I expect?

Yes, irons and ironing boards in the room.

I'm not much of breakfast eater. I got the kid's breakfast platter each day. Came with a small portion of scrambled eggs, a slice of bacon, a sausage link and small portion of breakfast potato casserole.

Each of the stations had different items on the breakfast menu. There were Mickey waffles, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, omelets, etc.

It's hard to tell what the weather will be like. Usually cooler in the morning and evening and pleasant during the day. Though there have been some cold Decembers.

You're welcome.

Yes, irons and ironing boards in the room.

I'm not much of breakfast eater. I got the kid's breakfast platter each day. Came with a small portion of scrambled eggs, a slice of bacon, a sausage link and small portion of breakfast potato casserole.

Each of the stations had different items on the breakfast menu. There were Mickey waffles, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, omelets, etc.

It's hard to tell what the weather will be like. Usually cooler in the morning and evening and pleasant during the day. Though there have been some cold Decembers.

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Good to know about the iron/board. Sounds like I'll have a decent selection for breakfast. Guess I'll just pack for a variety of weather so I'll be prepared for anything.

A trip to Dis in Dec/Jan/Feb is all about layers usually. I've been in Feb when you needed a winter coat (and I'm from a Northern state). I'd suggest taking a variety and then checking the weather for the day in the morning, and going from there.

This looks fun!! Thanks for sharing - I think we will have to do some of these!

I had to go searching to find this scavenger Hunt I made back in 2008 or 2009, just thought I'd share it since it's been a while since it's been circulated. My kids loved it and asked to do it again in August. They are 16 & 22, lol!

Pop Century Scavenger Hunt:
• Take picture at The sign of your birth year and Anniversary at POP
• How many hidden Mickey's can you find? Take a picture of each one.
• At 6pm – Do the Hustle? Go to Food Court. What is it? Take a picture of it.
• What is everything Pop? Take a picture of it.
• What year did WDW open? Take a picture in front of the sign.
• Play a game of Twister and take some pictures while playing.
• What is Petals? Take a picture of it including one with you in it.
• Look for the secret button (80/90's-9000-3rd floor). Take a picture of it.
• Get a picture with Goofy and his Red Car.
• How many pools are there – Take a picture of each from an upper level balcony.
• Looking from an upper level on the 50's Bowling Pin Pool –What do you notice?
• What are the hours of the pools – Take a picture of the sign with you in front of it.
• How many beach balls are in each pool? Take a picture of some of them.
• How many Icons are there – Take a picture in front of each one.
• How many types of stairwells are there –Take a picture in front of each one.
• How many Laundromats are there – Take a picture in front of each one.
• How many places are there to eat or drink at? Take a picture in front of each one.
• At the Big Juke Box – How many songs are listed?
• Find a vending machine with a Castle on it. Take a picture in front of it.
• Find the refillable mugs and take your picture in front of them.
• Find the Lunar Landing Shadow box from July 1969. Take a picture of it.
• How many shadow boxes are there? Take a picture of your favorites.
• Cross the Generation Gap. What is it? Take a picture of it.
• Find "Fast Forward". What is it? Take a picture of it.
• Find a game with the sign "Hit the Lizard on the butt" – Read the rest.
• Find the playground. Take a picture of you doing something on the playground.
• Find a Bunny, Duck and Squirrel. Take pictures of each.
• Walk Memory Lane & read the signs. Take a picture of your favorites.
• Find the Ping pong table and play (bring your own or .50). Take a picture.
• Find the keyboard. Spell your name on it. Take a picture of you doing it.
• Walk around Hourglass Lake. Take a picture in front of your birth year.
• Find Mr. Potato Head. Take a picture in front of it.
• Find Play-doh. Take a picture in front of it.
• Find the powder blue golf cart that is an old fashioned car. Take a picture in it.
• Look for the yellow POP min-bus with Peace signs. Take a picture with it.
• Write down one song you hear from one of the different Decades.
• Find Roger-What do you notice about the picture behind him? Take a picture of it.
• Take a picture of your favorite Saying on the buildings.
• Take a picture of a Disney and Magical Express Bus.
• Take a picture of yourself in front of the POP Sign at the front of the hotel.
• How many pictures are behind the check-in counter? Take a picture of your favorite.

Hi guys!

I'm trying to pack lighter this trip. Question: Do you find that the 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner combo provided at Pop works well?

Also: Do they sell separate shampoo and conditioner in Everything Pop? I know I saw some at a deluxe resort gift shop at some point (could have been the Poly?)

Don't expect much from the iron. Mine wouldn't put out any steam, and since I was ironing after midnight I didn't want to bother anyone to bring me a different one.

Food court gets busier the later you go, it can get really crazy in the morning.

Can anyone help me find the movie schedule for pop?

I found this when I googled POP Century July movie schedule:

Pop Century Poolside Movie Schedule

9:00PM - By the Hippy Dippy Feature Pool at Pop Century

Sunday - A Goofy Movie
Monday - Meet the Robinsons
Tuesday - Blank Check
Wednesday - The AristoCats
Thursday - The Sword and the Stone
Friday -- Up
Saturday - Pocahontas

It's from build a better mouse trip.

Hi guys!

I'm trying to pack lighter this trip. Question: Do you find that the 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner combo provided at Pop works well?

Also: Do they sell separate shampoo and conditioner in Everything Pop? I know I saw some at a deluxe resort gift shop at some point (could have been the Poly?)

Our family likes the shampoo/conditioner combo just fine, so we always use it when we visit, and we like collecting the extra bottles to take home with us. :goodvibes

I have read many other opinions from those who don't like the combo, so it's definitely a matter of taste. I have no doubt it's not the greatest shampoo ever, but it works for us.

Unfortunately I cannot recall if they sell the full line of H2O shampoo products in Everything Pop or not. You're right that they sell them in the deluxe resorts -- I've definitely seen them at the Contemporary.

In the dining room at Pop do they label what your snack credits can be used on? I can't remember from our last trip..

In the dining room at Pop do they label what your snack credits can be used on? I can't remember from our last trip..

Yes, all the snack items are labeled with the DDP purple logo.

For example, from easywdw's Pop Century review:
uyjhuyssadfda98.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter