POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment you can use both KTTW cards and FP+, but there's talk of them starting to phase that out starting as early as this weekend.

I will be insisting on a card to go along with my magic bands. There are still to many glitches going on and I do not want to deal with glitches with no back up option!

My new fridge in my room is TOO good, I had to call the front desk this morning and ask if someone could come by and turn it down (there's no dial inside the fridge). I went to put cream cheese on my bagel this morning and it was frozen lol!

I believe the dial is on the back of the fridge -- on the outside. I've read that people have to pull the fridge out of the cabinet to adjust the temperature. Hopefully someone has already adjusted yours.

AuroraRora said:
Just my opinion, but people are saying its busy and honestly I don't see it at all. I got so much done at MK EMH the other day that by 11am I was just meandering around waiting for my BOG FP+. Today I'm at AK, and its not 11am yet and I've done the safari twice, watched the African Band play, Everest four times, about to go ride Kali. Then I'll use my Safari fastpass then see FOTLK and it should only be noon. For me, that's awesome touring.

That's awesome! We'll be going to bed shortly to be up by 3. We have a 7:30 flight tomorrow. We'll be stopping at POP than we're off to AK for the day.

aym4Him said:
Have a fantastic trip!!!!! :cool1:

I received info via an email yesterday about the hullabaloo over the KTTW cards and 10/27. It said that some guests will be selected to test how everything works SOLELY using MBs. It came from the Dis. This is one test I do NOT want to be part of!!!

Thank you! I never received anything about that. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

stitchlovestink said:
Okay.....
Well, I am going to stick with what I have been hearing which is that while in general they are doing away w/ the KTTK cards, if you are insistent that you do NOT want a magic band but want a KTTW card, they will give in and give you one. They are trying not to use KTTW cards but they won't absolutely refuse a guest who Insists on one. ;)
I will be one who will be insisting on a KTTK card. I despise this whole magic band thing. I want my media as a flat object. :) and I do not want to wear it anywhere except inside of a lanyard and that is if I choose to wear it, otherwise I want it to fit in my wallet! :)

I don't like that you have to plan ahead with the MB. I prefer the KTTW cards for being able to book FP the same day.

AuroraRora said:
My new fridge in my room is TOO good, I had to call the front desk this morning and ask if someone could come by and turn it down (there's no dial inside the fridge). I went to put cream cheese on my bagel this morning and it was frozen lol!

I had the same problem, everything froze solid overnight. I pulled out the fridge & there is a small knob on the back near the top. It was turned on high so I turned it to the middle and we had no more problems once everything thawed.

angelmom27 said:
I bet you will get one. They seem to not want to give out anymore credits. So the min its a new fridge or credit they quickly deliver a fridge.

Yep! Amazing how quickly our fridge appeared when I asked for one last Saturday!

FrugalFashionista said:
I will be insisting on a card to go along with my magic bands. There are still to many glitches going on and I do not want to deal with glitches with no back up option!

If the system is down like it was last Friday and Saturday, you're out of luck. We had no way to get into our room when we arrived (for almost 10 hours) because our MBs didn't work and they couldn't print our cards.

You are right, there are way too many issues yet! We just got home tonight after a week of dealing with DMX & MB problems. I was only able to access FP+ on DMX one day of our 7 day trip! That means no changes to fast passes unless you can find a kiosk. And good luck finding those....many CMs couldn't tell me where they were and they are not on the park maps. And don't bother trying to change a popular fast pass because as soon as the park opens, within minutes they are gone (both paper & FP+)....

If the system is down like it was last Friday and Saturday, you're out of luck. We had no way to get into our room when we arrived (for almost 10 hours) because our MBs didn't work and they couldn't print our cards.

You are right, there are way too many issues yet! We just got home tonight after a week of dealing with DMX & MB problems. I was only able to access FP+ on DMX one day of our 7 day trip! That means no changes to fast passes unless you can find a kiosk. And good luck finding those....many CMs couldn't tell me where they were and they are not on the park maps. And don't bother trying to change a popular fast pass because as soon as the park opens, within minutes they are gone (both paper & FP+)....

Yeah to many bugs still. I have even heard issues of guests not being able to access their dining plans due to MB issues. That is my main worry besides not getting into my room :/

Just my opinion, but people are saying its busy and honestly I don't see it at all. I got so much done at MK EMH the other day that by 11am I was just meandering around waiting for my BOG FP+. Today I'm at AK, and its not 11am yet and I've done the safari twice, watched the African Band play, Everest four times, about to go ride Kali. Then I'll use my Safari fastpass then see FOTLK and it should only be noon. For me, that's awesome touring.

That is great! We get there on Monday and I hope it stays that way.

Yeah to many bugs still. I have even heard issues of guests not being able to access their dining plans due to MB issues. That is my main worry besides not getting into my room :/
We were there a couple of weeks ago and had a good experience with the MBs - although we couldn't use the app to modify FPs but with my brilliant planning we didn't have the need to during our 8 days. :) I did have to use my KTTW card after we switched over to AKV at the bar when my pin wouldn't work. And when a CM charged me for 3 taco combo's instead of one combo with 3 taco's...the manager said it would be quicker to credit me using the KTTW. My DH's MB stopped opening the room door midway through the trip but that was only a minor inconvenience. We LOVED the MBs. Good luck with your upcoming trip!!

Those that have stayed before. Will I have enough room for like a twin air mattress on the floor for my son who absolutely positively will not sleep in the same bed with his sister. Lucky her getting the bed to herself.

We are here now and we have a twin mattress with no problem. We moved the table over to the other side of the TV. It fits perfect in the now vacant spot. We just put it up against the wall during the day. ;-)

franluvsbubba said:
What credit?

When all the old fridges got taken away unannounced, they were offering guests a $15/night credit to compensate for not having a fridge. But now that they're well into installing new fridges in every room, if you demand the credit its more likely they'll just find you a fridge

Diz Crazy said:
We are here now and we have a twin mattress with no problem. We moved the table over to the other side of the TV. It fits perfect in the now vacant spot. We just put it up against the wall during the day. ;-)

Awesome Diz Crazy thank you, that was our exact plan! Great minds.......

We got a new fridge today!! Came back at night and when I went to put away a bottle of water I noticed that it was a brand new one! We've been here since Monday and our old fridge was turned on so we were using it anyway. New ones look pretty snazzy so we'll see!

So, I'm at Pop now, checking out tomorrow morning.

We have a bunch of extra stuff that we are not / cannot take back with us. Namely:

Half a case (10-12 bottles) of water
Box of peanut butter chocolate chip granola bars
Most of a box of Kashi banana bread bars
Some snack packs of cheese/peanut butter crackers

Dollar store rain ponchos (20?)

Glow stick bracelets
Princess stickers
Cars/Princess/Minnie temporary tattoos

If anyone is here, or checking in early tomorrow, and wants this stuff, please say the word. I think we are planning to be checked out by 10:30 am.

I'll check back here later tonight and early tomorrow. You can also email me - shocgal @ yahoo . com

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter