Pop Century Room Renovations

We are staying at Pop 7/17-7/26. I requested being in 80's building in hopes of getting new room. Do you think I have a good chance in 80's or should we request 90's? (We would rather stay in 80's, but really want a renovated room.)
I don't see anything in 80's being ready by then. As of today, both 80's buildings still shut down and men in hard hats walking around.Heavy machinery in the area.

I'd request a refurbished room instead of 80's section.

I will tell you that I called to make a reservation a few days ago and was told by a person in guest services that there are no Handicap rooms available. She told me there were ALL down for refurbishment. This was not an agent at the call center, this was a person in the 'back room'. I don't know much about these rooms, are they all located together? I had thought they were spread out through the resort.

They are spread out throughout the resort and are available. My Aunt just booked 2 of them today. And my wifes family is in a refurbished HA room now.

Our dates are almost the same. We'll be there 8/26-9/2 and I'm hoping for a new room as well. I loved our 60's lake view on our last trip much more than our 80's room on our first trip though so I'm torn. Surprise DS with a freshly renovated room (he loves little surprises) VS requesting a room location that I love. I don't know which I want more LMAO
another aug-sep guest... let the room grabbing fights begin!! haha... jk

seriously not sure if we want one or not we are two kids and 2 adults.. i just like the idea of a new mattress and no carpeting......

another aug-sep guest... let the room grabbing fights begin!! haha... jk

seriously not sure if we want one or not we are two kids and 2 adults.. i just like the idea of a new mattress and no carpeting......
We are just 1 adult, 1 child/Disney adult. We don't use the table for more than a catch all and there are plenty of surfaces for that w/the murphy down for us. We actually don't mind sharing a bed either if we decided we'd rather have access to the table. Sharing a queen would be more space than we have at home with sharing a full. I'm digging the in room coffee maker. I don't really function well until I've had at least 16oz in my system and this would enable my to drink it WHILE we're getting ready for the day.

I don't see anything in 80's being ready by then. As of today, both 80's buildings still shut down and men in hard hats walking around.Heavy machinery in the area.

I'd request a refurbished room instead of 80's section.

Will do. Thank you. Are 90's finished?

Last edited:
They are spread out throughout the resort and are available. My Aunt just booked 2 of them today. And my wifes family is in a refurbished HA room now.
That's interesting. I wonder though if its because we are not booked until November. Maybe they are planning to do them all at once around that time period. What ever the reason, this was a person who actually books the rooms in, not the person who does the bookings so I think she should know but one can never be sure. When does your Aunt go?

That's interesting. I wonder though if its because we are not booked until November. Maybe they are planning to do them all at once around that time period. What ever the reason, this was a person who actually books the rooms in, not the person who does the bookings so I think she should know but one can never be sure. When does your Aunt go?

I don't understand the difference in position here. Can you explain a little further? I didn't realize there were different positions within the booking dept.

I have ressies for July 11-13. When I made them the other day on the phone, I asked for a refurbished room. But when I pre checked in, I didn't see that it was noted as requested, so I requested a 90's room. I know there is no guarantees, but I am hoping for the best. I will report back to everyone and update when I'm there NEXT WEEK!

Last edited:

Over Thanksgiving.

Quick update:

Just walked around the resort about 2 pm and both buildings 7 and 9 are totally shut down. Lots of work going on- heavy, loud construction work. Not last minute adding of furniture and soft goods.

They are painting building 6 in the 70's section.

It is very loud around the 70's and 80's section (using a loud machine for the painting).

If I planned on coming back to the resort for afternoon down time or quiet time, I think I would go with the 50's section.

I never noticed anything during the last five nights, but I was gone for about 14-16 hours a day, so construction didn't affect me at all.

Still nothing going on around bridge. After talking to some cast members, it seems no one is expecting any bridge or any work near bridge any time soon.

Thank you for the update.

Are they painting bldg 6 the same color as before (light green)?

This is getting really frustrating, and I'm not even going until February. I really didn't think every single building was going to drag out for 3 months, but it's sure starting to sound that way.

I have ressies for July 11-13. When I made them the other day on the phone, I asked for a refurbished room. But when I pre checked in, I didn't see that it was noted as requested, so I requested a 90's room. I know there is no guarantees, but I am hoping for the best. I will report back to everyone and update when I'm there NEXT WEEK!

Good luck to you! I hope you get what you ask for and report back here. :)

That's interesting. I wonder though if its because we are not booked until November. Maybe they are planning to do them all at once around that time period. What ever the reason, this was a person who actually books the rooms in, not the person who does the bookings so I think she shouldered know but one can never be sure. When does your Aunt go?

Building 8, the only refurbished and reopened building, is a "Standard" set-up according to this https://www.bing.com/images/search?...608001640805696859&selectedIndex=0&ajaxhist=0
This means it does not have any accessible rooms according to the notation on the image.

They will not do all the accessible rooms at once. They will do all the rooms in the individual buildings when they refurbish all the other rooms in that building. Building 7 has the accessible rooms. The instant this building reopens, there will be refurbished accessible rooms available. When building 10 reopens - and it hasn't closed yet - there will be more refurbished accessible rooms available, and so on.

Do you mean you spoke with a room assigner at Pop Century?

Building 8, the only refurbished and reopened building, is a "Standard" set-up according to this https://www.bing.com/images/search?...608001640805696859&selectedIndex=0&ajaxhist=0
This means it does not have any accessible rooms according to the notation on the image.

They will not do all the accessible rooms at once. They will do all the rooms in the individual buildings when they refurbish all the other rooms in that building. Building 7 has the accessible rooms. The instant this building reopens, there will be refurbished accessible rooms available. When building 10 reopens - and it hasn't closed yet - there will be more refurbished accessible rooms available, and so on.

Do you mean you spoke with a room assigner at Pop Century?
I don't understand the difference in position here. Can you explain a little further? I didn't realize there were different positions within the booking dept.

I tried to book a room at the pop for November for 10 nights. It would not book so I tried booking each night individually and that would work. I phoned the 407 reservation number and explained what I needed. The cast member could not get it to work either so he called through to Guest Services and was able to get the reservation and have it put on hold with a reservation number. I called back an hour later to complete the booking but again, the cast member at the call center didn't understand and could not figure out how I got the reservation number or what to do with it. She then called Guest Services and spoke with the CM that made the booking. The CM asked the call center to put me through to her and that is where the reservation was completed. She told me if I had any further issues or any other questions to ask them to put me directly through to guest services when I called.
Guest services, apparently, are the people who manage who goes into what room. You don't speak with them directly as a rule, they don't book the reservations only give out the rooms however since the reservation needed to be pieced together she did it there. She told me the call center would not be able to do it.
This was all explained to me by the guest services person I spoke with. Hope that helps.

As for the HC rooms, one person in my party has MS and needs to have an adjoining room but she would be very upset if she were to be given a HC room as she doesn't think she needs that just yet. I asked to make sure she was not given the HC room. Thats when the guest services person said that it would not be a problem as there would be no HC rooms due to the renos. Maybe she was trying to reassure me but that is what I was told. I'm glad they are available, some people need them and they should be ready when requested.

I tried to book a room at the pop for November for 10 nights. It would not book so I tried booking each night individually and that would work. I phoned the 407 reservation number and explained what I needed. The cast member could not get it to work either so he called through to Guest Services and was able to get the reservation and have it put on hold with a reservation number. I called back an hour later to complete the booking but again, the cast member at the call center didn't understand and could not figure out how I got the reservation number or what to do with it. She then called Guest Services and spoke with the CM that made the booking. The CM asked the call center to put me through to her and that is where the reservation was completed. She told me if I had any further issues or any other questions to ask them to put me directly through to guest services when I called.
Guest services, apparently, are the people who manage who goes into what room. You don't speak with them directly as a rule, they don't book the reservations only give out the rooms however since the reservation needed to be pieced together she did it there. She told me the call center would not be able to do it.
This was all explained to me by the guest services person I spoke with. Hope that helps.

As for the HC rooms, one person in my party has MS and needs to have an adjoining room but she would be very upset if she were to be given a HC room as she doesn't think she needs that just yet. I asked to make sure she was not given the HC room. Thats when the guest services person said that it would not be a problem as there would be no HC rooms due to the renos. Maybe she was trying to reassure me but that is what I was told. I'm glad they are available, some people need them and they should be ready when requested.

Actually Guest Services are the next level up from the Phone CMs. They have more authority and can override some system issues like they did for you. But Guest Services do not assign rooms, have any control over inventory or who gets what room. They are there to make the Guest experience better any way they can.

Thank you for your detailed explanation. I only posted for clarity purposes.

Actually Guest Services are the next level up from the Phone CMs. They have more authority and can override some system issues like they did for you. But Guest Services do not assign rooms, have any control over inventory or who gets what room. They are there to make the Guest experience better any way they can.

Thank you for your detailed explanation. I only posted for clarity purposes.
Only repeating what I was told. I have no inside information so that's the best I can do. Maybe one day I will work there and then I'll know all the ins and outs......its my dream, let me have it. Lol. :rolleyes:

I know there's some unhappiness over loss of the table and the new decor, but my family must be exactly the type they had in mind for this remodel because every time I come back to this thread I'm just like QUEEN SIZE BEDS!! COFFEE MAKER!! :jumping1:

Although I do hope they don't fall too far behind on their timeline so that I don't have to worry about whether or not we'll get a refurbed room on our trip next spring.

I know there's some unhappiness over loss of the table and the new decor, but my family must be exactly the type they had in mind for this remodel because every time I come back to this thread I'm just like QUEEN SIZE BEDS!! COFFEE MAKER!! :jumping1:

Although I do hope they don't fall too far behind on their timeline so that I don't have to worry about whether or not we'll get a refurbed room on our trip next spring.
That's me as well. I travel alone a lot of the time. Especially when I'm staying at a value resort, since I don't need much room. I'm heading to Pop in early Sept and would love a rehabbed room. I just did online checkin. Wonder what requests would get me the best shot at a new room.

Quick update:

Just walked around the resort about 2 pm and both buildings 7 and 9 are totally shut down. Lots of work going on- heavy, loud construction work. Not last minute adding of furniture and soft goods.

They are painting building 6 in the 70's section.

It is very loud around the 70's and 80's section (using a loud machine for the painting).

If I planned on coming back to the resort for afternoon down time or quiet time, I think I would go with the 50's section.

I never noticed anything during the last five nights, but I was gone for about 14-16 hours a day, so construction didn't affect me at all.

Still nothing going on around bridge. After talking to some cast members, it seems no one is expecting any bridge or any work near bridge any time soon.

Thank you ! I'll keep hoping for August 10, but I need to be more realistic lol ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter