Pop Century Room Renovations

Maybe it's just carry on that you can't bring aerosol? But I'd be afraid of putting can in checked luggage, in case it explodes all over my clothing. Zip lock bag won't contain it. I was reading about someone who's sunscreen exploded in packed luggage in zip lock bag wrecking clothes. And I have wipes anyway for flight.
Zipper bags come in a multitude of sizes. I have some that comfortably contain 20"x16" canvases. But yes, you can bring a 3.4 ounce or less disinfectant spray as one of the contents of your single 3-1-1 bag.
and (b) would an upper pool view room in that building be considered standard?
It would be a Standard Pool View room.

Aerosol is fine in carry on or checked bag, just if it's carry on must be regulation size.

I always put any liquids or aerosols in zip loc bags in my checked luggage (or carry on).
I don't know where I got the idea aerosols weren't allowed in luggage. At some point in time I thought on airline web site on what's not allowed a pic if an aerosol can with red X on it. Maybe an old rule. :confused:

Aerosol and luggage rules. Just has to be non flammable.

https://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/hazmat_safety/

I kind of like the new rooms and as one who often travels solo will love the extra space the Murphy bed allows.
Thank you!

Yes, next trip I hope to get a new room, I'm going with a friend but we have our own rooms. But when my (adult) daughter comes, I don't think I'd like Murphy bed set up and loss of table.

I don't know where I got the idea aerosols weren't allowed in luggage. At some point in time I thought on airline web site on what's not allowed a pic if an aerosol can with red X on it. Maybe an old rule. :confused:
you're quite right that it used to be that way but it's one that has changed over time.

I can see the ironing boards getting more use now; as a table to place things.

We've always used the ironing board as a "catch all" for our purchases and other random things. It's very handy. We just put it alone the wall separating the bedroom from the bathroom. Our stays are usually around 11-12 nights so the ironing board assists in trying to keep us organized and somewhat tidy.

You can call to update your reservation with a room request, and with a September visit, I'd guess as the weeks/months pass we should know a lot more about what section(s) or building(s) are offering the renovated rooms. As you say you have time before your visit, so my advice would be to hang on a bit as we get this information and make a request for a specific section or building number when/if we know they have updated rooms.

Yeah that was my plan, that's why I keep checking this thread! Do you know how I'd contact the resort though especially since I'm in another country? Would I have to call or would it be possible to email?

@HopperFan, I stayed at this Hyatt for an entire week last November and it was AWESOME!!!!! I stayed in the exact room you've pictured and it was just as wonderful as it looks....actually better! And those beds..OH MY WORD...PURE HEAVEN!!!!!! Just a tip, request a double queen at the end of the hall...these rooms have more space. I loved everything about this room and look forward to staying there again one day! Enjoy your stay!

To let you know we were VERY pleased. Everyone was so nice, location is great - we were at parks in minutes, room was SO BIG and we each had our own bed. Lots of special touches in room like so many plugs, especially next to beds .... they keep the price in line and we will be going back.

Just got back - May 6 - 15. Will post a pick of one of the unfinished rooms tomorrow. Building 8 and 9 are being worked on. Building 8 didn't have much action going on and rooms all seemed to be at the same point and no furniture in them. Building 9 was being ripped apart - contractors everywhere tearing things out of rooms.

Slightly off topic, this was our 3rd and final stay at POP. Had issues with mousekeeping last year. This year on our last night when we got back from the Happily Ever After as my daughter climbed into her bed as cockroach was crawling under the pillows. I caught it under a glass and called the front desk for assistance. Not a lot of experience with cockroaches coming from Canada - I didn't know what it was but big and ugly and in our bed and completely unacceptable. I had over 4 people to my room before finally getting it dealt with and new sheets put on. Spoke to 5 people on the phone, one of whom (mousekeeping manager) was supposed to get us a new room and never called back. Night front desk manager was rude to me and argued with me how long I had been standing there holding this bug captive and was completely unapologetic for the situation. This was of course after being out of the room since 6:30 am (for PPO ADR) and with a 21 hour drive home the next day. Needless to say I was not in a good state of mind.

I will be writing a complaint email to Disney but we will not stay at POP again. The very next night we stayed at a Hampton outside of Chatanooga and the large room, large incredibly comfortable queen beds and homecooked breakfast was better than any experience we had at Disney. My girls snuggled into their beds and asked to not stay at a Disney resort again unless it was a Deluxe because of the monorail.

Just got back - May 6 - 15. Will post a pick of one of the unfinished rooms tomorrow. Building 8 and 9 are being worked on. Building 8 didn't have much action going on and rooms all seemed to be at the same point and no furniture in them. Building 9 was being ripped apart - contractors everywhere tearing things out of rooms.

Slightly off topic, this was our 3rd and final stay at POP. Had issues with mousekeeping last year. This year on our last night when we got back from the Happily Ever After as my daughter climbed into her bed as cockroach was crawling under the pillows. I caught it under a glass and called the front desk for assistance. Not a lot of experience with cockroaches coming from Canada - I didn't know what it was but big and ugly and in our bed and completely unacceptable. I had over 4 people to my room before finally getting it dealt with and new sheets put on. Spoke to 5 people on the phone, one of whom (mousekeeping manager) was supposed to get us a new room and never called back. Night front desk manager was rude to me and argued with me how long I had been standing there holding this bug captive and was completely unapologetic for the situation. This was of course after being out of the room since 6:30 am (for PPO ADR) and with a 21 hour drive home the next day. Needless to say I was not in a good state of mind.

I will be writing a complaint email to Disney but we will not stay at POP again. The very next night we stayed at a Hampton outside of Chatanooga and the large room, large incredibly comfortable queen beds and homecooked breakfast was better than any experience we had at Disney. My girls snuggled into their beds and asked to not stay at a Disney resort again unless it was a Deluxe because of the monorail.

OMG. I would die. Was it a palmetto bug? Were you on the ground floor?

I was told it was an American cockroach by the man from maintenance. We were in Building 5 first floor facing lake. My guess is when mousekeeping puts the towels to prop open the doors while cleaning they crawl in. We have always stayed in Building 9 top floor facing pool before but it was being ripped apart so this is where we got put. I might have felt better had it been scurrying on the floor and not crawling in the freshly made bed. Couldn't sleep at all that night. More upset at how I was treated than the bug though.

View attachment 237359 View attachment 237360 View attachment 237361

Just a few more pics to add to the mix, taken 5/10/17.
Well I am in love. I guess I'm weird but I do not like flashy hotel rooms. Pops of color against a neutral palette, is my ideal room. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the murphy bed being so close to the door. Would've preferred it be on the other side of the room closer to the bathroom. Other than that though, I'm ready to book our next trip here.

We were on the first floor last year too and one morning a cockroach crawled out of my daughter's shoe and across her foot. She screamed but was a troopeR. I sprayed it with deodorant (lol never thought to use the insect repellant Disney had provided) then left a garbage can on top of it with a note.

I'm sure they can be on any floor but it's safe to say we won't be asking for a ground floor room this year!

We normally travel with a stroller and often a scooter too. Having the Murphy bed close to the door To the room will help us get these items in and out much more easily!!

Yeah that was my plan, that's why I keep checking this thread! Do you know how I'd contact the resort though especially since I'm in another country? Would I have to call or would it be possible to email?

Im at the pop now. I was talking to a couple of front desk CMs and one said that no one ever wanted to be back on the 90s in the pas and now they are all be wanting to be put back here. Lol

Any word yet on HA/ADA rooms and if they are going to have a 2- bed and/or tub option?
I am at the pop now and was talking to one of the front desk CMs and asked her about the roll in shower King Double room. That category is going away. She said there will be the room categories are changing. There will be rooms with tubs but a lot of rooms with showers only. She also said there will be fewer king beds available now.

I am at the pop now and was talking to one of the front desk CMs and asked her about the roll in shower King Double room. That category is going away. She said there will be the room categories are changing. There will be rooms with tubs but a lot of rooms with showers only. She also said there will be fewer king beds available now.

That's the room type we've booked the last 2 trips, and I was also told that. We need roll in shower and 2 beds, so not sure how it will be configured.

Re: cockroaches. I lived in the tropics, and there is really no way to avoid them completely. Exterior corridors in values and moderates simply mean they can't avoid all bugs in Florida. We had bugs in a suite at the Ritz in Kapalua (Maui) even; we just had them spray a bit (also geckos on the balcony, but we had them at home too).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!