Pop Century Room Renovations

So, I was surprised with a trip to Disney yesterday for December (I thought this was my year of not going!) and I'm back at my "home resort" and just remembered that Pop was undergoing refurbishment and wow! Am I excited about the new rooms! Question, I've been trying to find information about what was the time frame of them finishing the rooms but found none, is there one? Will be there on the second week of December.

You'd be surprised by how many guests will have no idea there is a room refurb going on. It took me years to realize that us here on the DIS, with much information, make up a very small percentage of guests.

Yes to this!!! specially when Disney own reservations agents are misinforming guests, two days ago made the call to put in my reservation a request for a refurbished room and they told there was no room refurbishment going on at POP :confused3 I still have plenty of time to request again, so there is no problem for me right now

We have left a note for mousekeeping to leave both the sofa bed and Innovabed open a few times during our stays at AoA. They've always done it when asked. But in reality, even if they don't, it will take you literally 2 seconds to open the bed. It will already be made up with sheets and blankets. All you will need to do is pull on the handle and open it like a giant oven door. For the life of me, I can't remember for sure, but I think they even leave the pillows on the bed. You won't need to do any "making" of the bed -- just possibly throw the pillows on it.

We've stayed at AoA a couple of times, and not once did mousekeeping stow away either the sofa bed or Innovabed, and we never left a note. I'd guess their policy is to leave it like they found it (after changing sheets/making it, of course).

We've stayed at AoA a couple of times, and not once did mousekeeping stow away either the sofa bed or Innovabed, and we never left a note. I'd guess their policy is to leave it like they found it (after changing sheets/making it, of course).

Interesting. Maybe it's left up to the mousekeeper???? We've stayed at AoA three times and our mousekeepers always closed up the beds even though we almost always left the beds open. We figured it was easier for them if they could come in the room and just get started without having to open everything. We did use the table for eating breakfast but usually opened it to the bed again before leaving the room. Unless we left a note, the beds were always returned to their sofa/table position when we came back to the room.

So, I was surprised with a trip to Disney yesterday for December (I thought this was my year of not going!) and I'm back at my "home resort" and just remembered that Pop was undergoing refurbishment and wow! Am I excited about the new rooms! Question, I've been trying to find information about what was the time frame of them finishing the rooms but found none, is there one? Will be there on the second week of December.

Resort completion is projected to be May 2018. They are expecting the first renovated rooms to be available in June, so as we get later and later in the year, more buildings will be completed. I would think by December at least half the resort would be renovated?

I just saw a room tour of Coronado and they have GLASS DOORS in the shower/tub. The bathroom is still a mystery! PLEASEEEE let there be glass sliders instead of a curtain LOL

I'm with you. I hope there's a sliding door as well. A wet shower curtain stuck to your leg is one of the worst feelings in the world!
And I'm not at all a germaphobe but knowing that curtain probably stuck to someone else's leg just irks me out!

Carpets in hotels gross me out. So do bedspreads.

We used to fold up the bedspreads and throw them in a corner. I just hated the idea of them on the bed. I guess the resorts caught on because they stopped using them.

We always use the tables at Pop as a catchall so I am pretty sure we could just use the top of the dresser for that. I don't think we've ever sat at a table to eat or do anything else.

I like that the Murphy bed can go up and out-of-the-way and we have more room to walk around.

I'm not so concerned about the decor. We really just use the room to sleep, and get ready for the parks. If the hotel room was important to us we would stay at a moderate.

My main issue is the furniture storage. We usually go 16 nights total. Ten days at parks, a day at DS, and some days at the pool every few days to relax. That's a lot of clothing for four people and there are never enough drawers. I hate living out of a suitcase.

I would really like the coffee pot in the room. We usually do a quick breakfast like a croissant before getting on the bus for the parks. Then eat a big lunch and dinner.

We find the refillable mugs to be a pain in the morning on park days because we don't want to bring them into the park with us. I will definitely bring some large hot cups and lids if there's a keurig.

Anyone else bring Clorox wipes with them? I wipe down EVERYTHING when we first get there. Light switches, knobs, phone, TV remote, toilet handle and seat, all faucets, and the counter and sink.

We don't walk barefoot in hotel rooms either.

I'm not too much of a germaphobe, but I get skeeved out in hotel rooms and public restrooms.

I wish they'd use platform beds with storage drawers under them.

While the beds don't have storage drawers, they are open, so you should be able to store things like suitcases under them.

Anyone else bring Clorox wipes with them? I wipe down EVERYTHING when we first get there. Light switches, knobs, phone, TV remote, toilet handle and seat, all faucets, and the counter and sink.

I'm not too much of a germaphobe, but I get skeeved out in hotel rooms and public restrooms.

Usually bring a few travel packs of Clorox wipes for the flight to/from WDW and wipe things like the room remote. I don't go as far as you do though, :thumbsup2

Anyone ever see the video of the woman cleaning the floors and TABLE at Art of Animation with the same mop?! I don't trust anyone's "cleaning" skills. LOL.

While the beds don't have storage drawers, they are open, so you should be able to store things like suitcases under them.

Usually bring a few travel packs of Clorox wipes for the flight to/from WDW and wipe things like the room remote. I don't go as far as you do though, :thumbsup2

Yes! The plane too, for sure!

DITTO I take Clorox wipes and everything get wiped down when we check in and throughout our stay. I also carry travel packs with me to the parks. Nothing drives me crazy like when I sit down to have a snack or quick service and the table is filthy.

I am a little embarrassed to admit this but.... I DO! I wipe every inch down including the bathtub and I bring lysol spray and spray down the shower curtains and the one between the bathroom and the beds. I am a little overboard and my husband HATES it. The new rooms will eliminate some of my OCD with the barn door and slider shower doors.

I am a little embarrassed to admit this but.... I DO! I wipe every inch down including the bathtub and I bring lysol spray and spray down the shower curtains and the one between the bathroom and the beds. I am a little overboard and my husband HATES it. The new rooms will eliminate some of my OCD with the barn door and slider shower doors.
I'm the very same way! I use Sani cloth germicidal disposal wipes. I started using them when I found out Lysol and clorox wipes (unless they have bleach) don't kill norovirus.

Carpets in hotels gross me out. So do bedspreads.

We used to fold up the bedspreads and throw them in a corner. I just hated the idea of them on the bed. I guess the resorts caught on because they stopped using them.

We always use the tables at Pop as a catchall so I am pretty sure we could just use the top of the dresser for that. I don't think we've ever sat at a table to eat or do anything else.

I like that the Murphy bed can go up and out-of-the-way and we have more room to walk around.

I'm not so concerned about the decor. We really just use the room to sleep, and get ready for the parks. If the hotel room was important to us we would stay at a moderate.

My main issue is the furniture storage. We usually go 16 nights total. Ten days at parks, a day at DS, and some days at the pool every few days to relax. That's a lot of clothing for four people and there are never enough drawers. I hate living out of a suitcase.

I would really like the coffee pot in the room. We usually do a quick breakfast like a croissant before getting on the bus for the parks. Then eat a big lunch and dinner.

We find the refillable mugs to be a pain in the morning on park days because we don't want to bring them into the park with us. I will definitely bring some large hot cups and lids if there's a keurig.

I am with you on the storage. We are two adults and a teenager and our trips are for fifteen nights. Even if I weren't an overpacker, there still wouldn't be enough storage. We stayed at Pop for three nights last May/June before moving over to CBR and I absolutely hated living out of our luggage due to lack of storage space. Not that I would have unpacked everything but still.

Since we paid for preffered room this time (I have terrible foot pain after a few hours standing and we have terrible luck with standard room at the All-Star), based on this 2012 map, I'm hopping the 70s building are done by mid-august and I can have a refurbished room! Pretty sure I'm deluding myself! lololol ;)

Still going to hope and look up progress obsessively until then ;)

At this point they are working on building 7, 8, 9?

PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg

We tried to book Preferred for November 2017, but it wasn't available. I'm hoping it's because they are currently being refurbished and will become available by November. *fingers crossed

I'm also a little bit (maybe a lot) crazy about cleaning down things in the room, I also bought some bedbug spray to use and read somewhere dyer sheets are good to use for bedbugs So I put several of them around the mattress and box springs and place some in our luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter