Pop Century Room Renovations

It probably would be nothing other than they'll check it out. Disney is wall-to-wall animal heaven. There are rats (and they aren't subway rats), snakes, armadillo, deer, cougars, wild boar, alligators. It's nature.

There are wild boar and cougars in Disney Resorts???

Last edited:
This. There's wildlife everywhere. There's nothing abnormal about encountering wildlife outdoors while at Disney. Sticking to the paths is good advice. Don't venture into any water other than swimming pools.
When walking the path from MK to Contemporary, a rat ran out right in front of me last year. Later we saw two running at Animal Kingdom after dark. I almost had a heart attack each time!
I like to block it from my memory and imagine Mickey is the only rodent there:)

LOL. We were by the pool, not hanging out in the bushes.

Mine was more of a general PSA, not meant to insinuate you were doing anything wrong ;)

We saw a rat at RAC at pop 2 years ago. It was so funny, people were squeaking and yelling but nobody was willing to leave their place in line to run from it...I was hoping they would, because it was such a long line we ended having to bail and take our bags in ME aback to the airport lol

Still at Resort! I passed by the Preferred side of Building 10 and it seems to be totally open today. I don’t see any rooms with notices on the doors and I see suitcases in one room and a scooter outside another (both ground level). I’m pretty sure it’s all open now. If I get to speak to anyone about it today I will find out more.

Did they widen the walkways on the first level so people can get around the scooter? I hate to walk in the grass there, (see below - snakes and other biting things!) and the scooters take up a lot of space on the walks outside the rooms. Do you think another scooter could get around it without having to try to get through the sand/soft grass?

My husband just saw a rat by the Hippy Dippy pool. Towards the back fence on the other side of where they play the movies outside.

I saw a rat in Frontierland at MK one trip. Yuck.

We checked in today and I just have to add I love the new room! All of the charging stations are amazing!! I brought a power surge to have extra to charge and it is no where needed. All of the outlets and USB ports are amazing !

How was the decorating though? I've seen only one photo so far, and it showed a lot of plain white wall and fake-wood looking cheapy furniture. Sort of like a bad dorm room, KWIM? I hope it's better than that!

The best thing you can Do with small kids is to stick to the cement paths. Don't let them play in the bushes or off the walkways.

Rats, snakes, etc are there. It's unavoidable. Just stick to the paths :)

Exactly - I hate to walk in the grass - biting spiders, snakes, ugh! It's so annoying when people block the walking space outside their first floor rooms so that you have to walk near/in the bushes or grass.

We saw a good sized turkey in the Epcot parking lot.

It was funny because we had rode Living with the Land that day, so I had my daughter and husband believing Disney got its turkey legs from its own turkey farm nearby and that this lucky one escaped to keep his legs :)

I just got home. Our flight was delayed about two hours. We had a great stay at Pop. We were very happy with the new rooms.

We also had beautiful weather during the week for the parks. Dreary weather for one weekend by the pool, but can’t complain.

We had a great night at the MVMCP Friday night. We walked into all the rides but one. We waited about 20 minutes for 7DMT. It said 30 minute wait but we were off the ride in 25 and were able to run over to Small World for our last ride just before midnight. Perfect weather too. It was a perfect night.

We also lucked out and got about 21 anytime fastpasses during our stay due to random issues (nothing major).

All-in-all a great stay at Pop!

I hope everyone there this week has a great stay too!

Did they widen the walkways on the first level so people can get around the scooter? I hate to walk in the grass there, (see below - snakes and other biting things!) and the scooters take up a lot of space on the walks outside the rooms. Do you think another scooter could get around it without having to try to get through the sand/soft grass?

I saw a rat in Frontierland at MK one trip. Yuck.

How was the decorating though? I've seen only one photo so far, and it showed a lot of plain white wall and fake-wood looking cheapy furniture. Sort of like a bad dorm room, KWIM? I hope it's better than that!

Exactly - I hate to walk in the grass - biting spiders, snakes, ugh! It's so annoying when people block the walking space outside their first floor rooms so that you have to walk near/in the bushes or grass.
Walkways are the same. Sorry.

Not much decorating in the rooms. Just the Pop style Mickeys with the lights above the one bed, and the really cute Pluto inside the Murphy bed. They could use a bit more Disney decorating.

The bathrooms were a pretty pale blue. Like a spa blue. The bathroom has a clean look to it. I really liked it.

And the main room had pops of orange. The bedding was all white. The furniture was fine. Nothing special but didn’t scream cheap.

I actually prefer the decor. I don’t like “loud” rooms. The wall with the tv is plain. But I like that. I don’t like distracting stuff around a tv.

Last edited:
I just got home. Our flight was delayed about two hours. We had a great stay at Pop. We were very happy with the new rooms.

We also had beautiful weather during the week for the parks. Dreary weather for one weekend by the pool, but can’t complain.

We had a great night at the MVMCP Friday night. We walked into all the rides but one. We waited about 20 minutes for 7DMT. It said 30 minute wait but we were off the ride in 25 and were able to run over to Small World for our last ride just before midnight. Perfect weather too. It was a perfect night.

We also lucked out and got about 21 anytime fastpasses during our stay due to random issues (nothing major).

21 anytime FPs?! That's a ton!

I'm curious what kind of random issues you had.

Several people on Facebook are posting building 6 rooms almost ready. All furniture in in the rooms! Hopefully they are picking up steam and finding less large issues.

Several people on Facebook are posting building 6 rooms almost ready. All furniture in in the rooms! Hopefully they are picking up steam and finding less large issues.

This would be great but I'll be the first to say I find it hard to believe!! Those rooms have been closed for 20 days and the average room renos are taking 84 days! Unless something MAJOR has changed (which would be great!) I don't think we'll see Building 6 rooms in circulation anytime soon.

Eek. Armadillos carry leprosy. and cougars are just scary.

You're far more likely to contract leprosy from another human being than from an armadillo. Less than 5% of the human population is even genetically susceptible to leprosy to begin with. And with early diagnosis, it's highly treatable. Far worse things to worry about than getting leprosy from an armadillo. As long as you don't touch them, you're fine (and chances are pretty high that even if you *do* touch them -- which I wouldn't recommend -- you're still fine). You're far more likely to catch something from someone coughing or sneezing on a bus, standing in a line, or from touching a doorknob or the remote control in the hotel room.

There are wild boar and cougars in Disney Resorts???

Yes. Somewhere there is a list of all the different kinds of animals on property, but those are pretty standard FL wildlife.

When they were rebuilding the MK HUB, they disrupted lots of homes and rats were regularly seen, especially at night at the dessert parties.

This would be great but I'll be the first to say I find it hard to believe!! Those rooms have been closed for 20 days and the average room renos are taking 84 days! Unless something MAJOR has changed (which would be great!) I don't think we'll see Building 6 rooms in circulation anytime soon.

I'm also highly doubtful (though would be really happy if it's true!). Maybe they've changed the way they're doing the renos -- only concentrating small section (one face of one wing) and getting those rooms turned around quickly to get them back in inventory. I thought the originally work orders on the windows had a 30-day timeline. I could be wrong -- and I don't have time to go look for those pictures right now. Maybe they're reducing the number of rooms being worked on at once so that they can get them back in inventory faster???? Time will tell.

Yes. I know. It was crazy. Not each though! We had to split them between the four of us. LOL.
That's still amazing! I've never been given an anytime FP, but I guess we've never had any major issues. It's almost bitter sweet because you have to have something bad happen to get them, but then you get them lol

Not sure if anyone else noticed but the drop-down menus in the room requests section in online check-in seem to be working again today! I also received an e-mail today about my first reservation that I had put requests in for when they were randomly working a month ago and they were listed in the e-mail!

You're far more likely to contract leprosy from another human being than from an armadillo. Less than 5% of the human population is even genetically susceptible to leprosy to begin with. And with early diagnosis, it's highly treatable. Far worse things to worry about than getting leprosy from an armadillo. As long as you don't touch them, you're fine (and chances are pretty high that even if you *do* touch them -- which I wouldn't recommend -- you're still fine). You're far more likely to catch something from someone coughing or sneezing on a bus, standing in a line, or from touching a doorknob or the remote control in the hotel room.
Yeah, I'm not worried about contracting leprosy. I have no plans to touch an armadillo. I just remembering reading about leprosy outbreaks somewhere because of armadillos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter