Pool view or standard room at AKL?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
I'm having hard time deciding on what room to book at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Right now we have a deluxe standard studio. After realizing it only has one queen and a sofa bed we decided that might not be best.
The main thing we want is to be close to the food, buses, pool,with 2 queen beds. We also do not want a parking lot view.
The pool view right now is 317.00 a night with the standard room being 275.00. I'm not real thrilled about the pool view being more than the studio room which is 304.00 a night. Would it be worth it to pay for a pool view or get the standard room to be able to be closer to everything I mentioned. We really don't want to be far away toward the end of one of the wings or want a parking lot view. Thanks for any help!

Unfortunately, the only way to guarantee you will be close to the pool, food, buses, etc. and not have a parking lot view is to book pool view. You could certainly book standard view and make location and bed requests, but there is no guarantee those requests will be granted.

Unfortunately, the only way to guarantee you will be close to the pool, food, buses, etc. and not have a parking lot view is to book pool view. You could certainly book standard view and make location and bed requests, but there is no guarantee those requests will be granted.
Thank you. I'm not really sure I want to pay the extra for pool view though. Decision decisions!

Whether or not you want to pay extra for pool view depends upon what you want. The pool view is pretty, but many standard view rooms give you partial savanna views, which is great fro the price. You do risk getting a Parking lot view with standard view, however, but some standard rooms are quite close to the lobby. I would book the price point that I am happiest with and request a room near the lobby/buses.

we’ve stayed at AKL twice, once pool view and once savanna.

the nice thing about pool view is that there’s only one pool in Jambo house, which means you have a good sense of where your room will be. it’s a very central area, with easy walks to the quick serve restaurant and 2 table service restaurants. the bus stops are close by too. it sounds like these are all the things you want to be near. so if i were you, i would book the pool view.

enjoy your stay!

we’ve stayed at AKL twice, once pool view and once savanna.

the nice thing about pool view is that there’s only one pool in Jambo house, which means you have a good sense of where your room will be. it’s a very central area, with easy walks to the quick serve restaurant and 2 table service restaurants. the bus stops are close by too. it sounds like these are all the things you want to be near. so if i were you, i would book the pool view.

enjoy your stay!
Thank you!

Whether or not you want to pay extra for pool view depends upon what you want. The pool view is pretty, but many standard view rooms give you partial savanna views, which is great fro the price. You do risk getting a Parking lot view with standard view, however, but some standard rooms are quite close to the lobby. I would book the price point that I am happiest with and request a room near the lobby/buses.
Thanks ! The Standard does have a decent discount price but I just went ahead and booked the pool view. It had a decent discount as well.

Pool view would put you close to pool, easy walk to food ...
.... but buses? may be close or a longer walk.

Just no way to get it all for sure.

Last edited:
I just booked pool view. It was around a 100.00 more for our 4 nights, so not to bad.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. We've never stayed standard, but have stayed pool and savanna view and I loved our pool view just as much as our savanna view. Have a great trip :wizard:.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. We've never stayed standard, but have stayed pool and savanna view and I loved our pool view just as much as our savanna view. Have a great trip :wizard:.
Oh that's good to hear! Thank you. Now to decide which restaurant to eat at there. I already have Boma booked lol.

I just booked pool view. It was around a 100.00 more for our 4 nights, so not to bad.

That was probably your best bet for guaranteeing your location preference. In the future if you’re interested in booking standard and taking your chances, we’ve always had luck getting what we want at AKL. We request the same location every visit and have always gotten it. We always book standard and request a room anywhere between the 2-4th floor of a specific section that I circled in the picture below. It overlooks one of the hot tubs and part of the Uzima savanna beyond that. There is an outside staircase right there that takes you right to the pool deck and it’s not that far of a walk from the lobby. Halfway between the room and the lobby is an elevator that opens up close to the guest laundry which is very close to the Mara. We’ve requested this location 4 times and only once did we not get it. After a quick trip to the front desk they changed us there with very little effort. We love the location.

Attachments

• D5C037CD-A006-4B4E-8728-BE859F7B60BB.jpeg
    D5C037CD-A006-4B4E-8728-BE859F7B60BB.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 30
That was probably your best bet for guaranteeing your location preference. In the future if you’re interested in booking standard and taking your chances, we’ve always had luck getting what we want at AKL. We request the same location every visit and have always gotten it. We always book standard and request a room anywhere between the 2-4th floor of a specific section that I circled in the picture below. It overlooks one of the hot tubs and part of the Uzima savanna beyond that. There is an outside staircase right there that takes you right to the pool deck and it’s not that far of a walk from the lobby. Halfway between the room and the lobby is an elevator that opens up close to the guest laundry which is very close to the Mara. We’ve requested this location 4 times and only once did we not get it. After a quick trip to the front desk they changed us there with very little effort. We love the location.
I have been searching maps trying to figure out where stairs and elevators are. At least I know where one set of stairs are. If we booked standard that would be a great location. Maybe I should of booked standard and requested this location :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!