Pool Inflatables for BEACH

Pool inflatables - not the kid’s kind that go around their arms. I’m talking about like a ring for adults.

I know pool inflatables are not allowed or use on the ship, but what about for the beaches in port (NOT CC)?

Anyone done this before/have experience with this?

ETA: I would deflate and fold inflatable back into my bag BEFORE reboarding.

The Prohibited List actually states "should not be brought onboard" as opposed to "should not be used onboard." So it may be confiscated from luggage at embarkation. If it is, you can claim it again at debarkation. I know around here, lakes and ponds are getting very fussy about items brought in which may have contaminants (plant life, etc.) from another body of water because non-native invasive seaweed is destroying some local bodies of water. I would just plan to rent or buy floats at the destination.

Enjoy your cruise!

Depending on the beach in port, you may be able to rent inflatables or purchase them from the local beach shop. At the beach we went to in Cozumel last year, they also provided complimentary life jackets and encouraged the use of them.

The Prohibited List actually states "should not be brought onboard" as opposed to "should not be used onboard." So it may be confiscated from luggage at embarkation. If it is, you can claim it again at debarkation. I know around here, lakes and ponds are getting very fussy about items brought in which may have contaminants (plant life, etc.) from another body of water because non-native invasive seaweed is destroying some local bodies of water. I would just plan to rent or buy floats at the destination.

Enjoy your cruise!

Ah, thank you for pointing that out! I imagine just buying a cheap one at the port and tossing it on the way back is the only option. Thanks for answering!

Perfect timing. We have taken these and used them at CC and don’t regret it for a moment as I’ve got one packed now for this week so yet again, I have my own float at CC. Yes, I blew it up with my own hot air but that’s okay. I also enjoyed laying on my own hot air with a toddy, floating in the ocean. So I say, do it, enjoy it and the money saved by not renting a floatable, is money you can spend on a souvenir or in your pocket!!

It’s much cheaper to get one at a dollar store or Wal Mart than it is at a port! Also, if you don’t take it off the boat with you, you didn’t spend a ton! Do what makes you happy. So yeah, been there done it and doing it again. 8-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!