Pool Hopping??

Status
Not open for further replies.
twinscandc said:
okay....so now I'm putting on my fire suit...... :firefight

I'm almost afraid to ask for being totally berated by people.....so, here goes....

We are renting points for our upcoming trip, we are not DVC members yet. That is why we are renting points this time around to check things out, etc.
I know I'm a guest of the person I rented from (although she was a stranger at first, we have become pretty good email buddies! - she is a stranger no longer!! - couldn't have asked for better!)

I know I've heard that our KTTW card will say DVC on it....will we get to pool hop...? :scared:

waiting....waiting...waiting... :bitelip:
No need to don the flamesuit! You have a valid question! I have no idea the answer though but I'm sure someone here does.
PS: I love that little fireman!

twinscandc said:
Okay........take a deep breath....

So....for another question.....what resorts can DVC guests pool-hop to? Is it only other DVC properties or is it any pool (of course, other than YC/BC & AKL pools)?
We can hop to any of the WDW resort pools with the exception of SAB at Y &B and the Uzima pool at AKL as mentioned but...there are restrictions. You can't just be a guest of a DVC resort. You have to be staying on points not cash and we have blackout dates as well as we can be asked to leave if any particular resorts pool gets too crowded.

There are many of us members who often wonder how long the pool hopping perk will even last now that the new pool slide has been added at OKW. But for now, it's either follow those guidelines for members and only hopping between sister resorts for non-members. :flower:

actually, technically renters of members points aren't suppossed to be entitled to the member perks but...because your card will say DVC member on it you may be able to get some of them. Just be aware that they are starting to ask more and more for the actual blue DVC membership card in addition to the KTTW card as proof that you are eligible for the member perks. So in answer to your question (which by the way IMO is a great question;) ) you may be able to...it all depends on if a CM asks for the blue member card.

This goes for Dining discounts,valet parking etc. Pool hopping may be kind of a tricky perk though...if they even ask at all and only ask for the kttw card you won't have any problem but if they end up asking also for the blue member card and you're already in the pool and they end up asking you to leave...could be kind of embarrassing. But again, ya never know if they will or won't ask for the blue member card.

HTH's

Okay, I understand...... :teacher: And, thanks for not flaming me!! I've never really understood the whole pool hoping thing anyway....other than the time that we stayed in our camper at FW....now that pool is the worst!!! Now, I wonder if we could have swam at the WL...isn't that a sister resort for FW? Well, if it is, they always say hind sight is 20/20.

The only other time that we've staying on site was at the Dolphin and I thought that pool was rock'n! My only thought this trip was that we plan on only visiting the parks 4 days out of our 10 day trip....it would give us something to do and see other resorts! Our other plans include a day at DQ and a day to the beach where my DH has a cousin!

And, from what I see, the BW pool is great also....my girls will probably go down that side 10,000 times a piece!

Thanks again for the information! :goodvibes

twinscandc said:
Okay, I understand...... :teacher: And, thanks for not flaming me!! I've never really understood the whole pool hoping thing anyway....other than the time that we stayed in our camper at FW....now that pool is the worst!!! Now, I wonder if we could have swam at the WL...isn't that a sister resort for FW? Well, if it is, they always say hind sight is 20/20.

The only other time that we've staying on site was at the Dolphin and I thought that pool was rock'n! My only thought this trip was that we plan on only visiting the parks 4 days out of our 10 day trip....it would give us something to do and see other resorts! Our other plans include a day at DQ and a day to the beach where my DH has a cousin!

And, from what I see, the BW pool is great also....my girls will probably go down that side 10,000 times a piece!

Thanks again for the information! :goodvibes

I don't believe that WL and Ft.W are considered sister resorts. The only time I think Ft.W is allowed to use the WL pool was when the Ft W. pool was under rehab.

FW resort and campground doesn't have any kind of themed pool as I understand it.

Unfortunately, FW resort and campground and the WL and VWL resort are NOT sister resorts although you can get between them conveniently by either boat or walking path. The pool at WL and VWL actually are one of the 2nd most checked I.D. pools (next after SAB being the highest checked) tieing along with the Poly's volcano pool by the way due to it's cool pool but small size ....soooo HTH's

LOL!!!!! I was sitting here racking my brain trying to figure that one out!! I'm usually pretty good with those acronyms (sp), but couldn't get that one.

TFYH! (that's: Thanks For Your Help!)

I haven't even used the pools at my own resort when staying on property so it is just philosophical BUT I must say that hopping among the SAME CATEGORY (deluxe to deluxe, moderate to moderate) doesn't seem like a THEFT OF SERVICES. I agree that if you are off-site or not paying for that level of services then there is a moral issue. Other than that, I think you might be a little legalistic.

So if I'm staying at All Star Sports I can use the Music and Movies pools too? That's plenty. I just saw pics of the pools online and they are pretty very considering the price! Thanks again.

cheerdancer11 said:
So if I'm staying at All Star Sports I can use the Music and Movies pools too?
Yes :flower:

Sister resorts (which would be All star Music, All star Sports and All Star Movies OR Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter ) can hop between each others pools. So, if you're staying at any of those than enjoy!:wave:

twinscandc said:

I'm almost afraid to ask for being totally berated by people.....so, here goes....

I can't speak for others but I certainly hope my post didn't leave you feeling berated for having a sincere question. I am only opposed to those who are blatantly breaking the rules. I certainly wasn't directing anything at DVC members or any one entitled to hop.

Docsknotinn said:
I can't speak for others but I certainly hope my post didn't leave you feeling berated for having a sincere question. I am only opposed to those who are blatantly breaking the rules. I certainly wasn't directing anything at DVC members or any one entitled to hop.
Ditto. :D

WorldlyWise said:
I haven't even used the pools at my own resort when staying on property so it is just philosophical BUT I must say that hopping among the SAME CATEGORY (deluxe to deluxe, moderate to moderate) doesn't seem like a THEFT OF SERVICES. I agree that if you are off-site or not paying for that level of services then there is a moral issue. Other than that, I think you might be a little legalistic.

It truely is not about moral issues or theft of services, its about the logistics of pool size and staff. Disney staffs their pools based on occupancy of the resort and the size of the pool. When people from one resort move to the pool of another resort then they are adding to that mix without Disney being prepared to handle it. It over crowds the facility, making it hard on the staff, possibly unsafe and disrupts the enjoyment of the guest staying there. There are only so many people at any pool that can be there and enjoy it comfortably. There are only so many chairs based on the pool size.

This definitely is a concern during peak times and that is when you will see an increase in IDs being checked.

Which is a coherent and persuasive argument for abiding by the rules (in addition to the obvious benefit of participating in a society based on such). I just thought some of the rhetoric on the subject was getting a little harsh.

We had an ID check at the WL pool a couple Marches ago - and they sent some people packing. It was a record hot day and extremely crowded. That's the only time it's happened to me. (I was finally able to get a chair!)

Speaking of pools i have a quick ?. What are the normal pool hours? I love swimming but am afraid by the time i get back from the parks theyll be closed. I'm also going to BB so I know I'll definitely get swim time there so I'll not too concerned. Thanks! :wave:

I'm curious, is it considered pool hopping... if my brothers family staying in Port Orleans wants to visit me at Polynesian, can we hang at the pool?
They are going to the Aloha dinner with us, I thought it'd be nice if they could hang out and watch the fireworks with us too.

Cathy

twinscandc said:

QUOTE]

When I wrote this, I wasn't referring to anyone in particular!! I just know that some people get pretty excited about things and I just wanted to ask a simple question....

Please, I did not intend on offending anyone....I got the answer that I needed.

HTH - (Thats: Hope That Helps!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter