Polynesian vs. Yacht Club

medmom6113

Earning My Ears
Polynesian vs Yacht Club for a 6 night trip in September with a 4 year old and a 9 month old? There is an almost $800 difference (poly more than YC) between the two for our dates. Currently have the poly booked but thinking of switching due to the price difference. Having trouble justifying the price difference especially since we are planning on doing a couple of special things this trip like there Halloween Party and early morning magic if it's available.

I grew up staying at the poly and have stayed there a few times as an adult and we love it. We love being able to sit outside and watch the fire works and electric water pageant. We have also stayed at the Swan and liked being able to walk to Epcot and DHS. This was before kids though so not sure we will want to walk with the double stroller.

I absolutely loved staying at beach club last fall. We walk a lot so we walked to Epcot and HS and to get to MK we would walk through Epcot and take the monorail. I’ve never stayed at Poly because of budget. I just can’t justify the price difference, especially with our terrible exchange rate.

I love Yacht. The Walk to two parks is great, even with a stroller, and your littles will love the sandy bottom shallow pool area. Kids meals at the pool are served in a pail with a shovel, so cute. I like Poly just fine but I would save the $800 and prob be happier at Yacht!

I would stay with the Poly. With the ages of your children, the ability to not fold a stroller to take the Monorail to the MK I would

Ive stayed at both the Poly and the Yacht a few times. We prefer the location of the Yacht club and the pool is just amazing! Parts of the pool on the Yacht club side are perfect for younger children. Plus you can take the kids to Beaches & Cream!

I love YC and prefer the EP resorts and I also love saving $800, however, if you plan on doing both MNSSHP and EMM at MK, I would stick with Poly or see if there is any cost savings to switching to GF, CR, BLT, WL, CCV or BRV. Any of those resorts will be convenient for late night and early morning plans in MK.

I would stay with the Poly. With the ages of your children, the ability to not fold a stroller to take the Monorail to the MK I would

I totally agree with this. I would definitely stick to Poly given the ages of your children. To me, it is worth the extra $ for that kind of convenience, especially going to/from the Halloween party.

Thanks for all the replies! I think after talking to my husband we are going to stick with the Polynesian for now since my 4 year old will be most interested in MK. We've been wanting to branch out more but had a not great experience with a split stay at WL last time which is making it hard to go through with a full trip away from the poly. We may try to add a single night on elsewhere at the beginning of trip.

We are gearing up to stay for the first time at Poly and we had to make the same decision. The deciding factor was that we were going to be spending more time at MK. The convenience of skipping long bus lines at MK and not having to fold up a stroller with sleeping kids out weighed the cost savings to BC/YC.

Thanks for all the replies! I think after talking to my husband we are going to stick with the Polynesian for now since my 4 year old will be most interested in MK. We've been wanting to branch out more but had a not great experience with a split stay at WL last time which is making it hard to go through with a full trip away from the poly. We may try to add a single night on elsewhere at the beginning of trip.

What was the not so great experience you had last time?

What was the not so great experience you had last time?

We just weren't impressed by Wilderness Lodge, especially since we could have gotten the nights at the poly for about the same price at the time due to the discount. Rooms felt smaller and dated. We had a long walk through the building with the double stroller which felt awkward. The pool looked great but was too chilly in May for my little one to really enjoy. Great experience as always as Whistling Canyon but we had a really bad experience with the quick service location by the newer outdoor lounge. Waited over 30 minutes but when the person sitting next to us who had gotten there several minutes after us got their food, my husband went up to ask if they had lost our order. They said no. My husband asked for them to look and he guy said no need, they don't lose orders. 30 minutes more go by, my husband goes to ask again, they had lost the order. Takes them 20 more minutes to get the food and my order is messed up. Probably a fluke but we won't stay there again. Thankfully we had 4 nights at he polynesian booked after. Every time we talk about doing a full trip elsewhere though, we get worried that we will have another experience like that. So we may just stick with trying out other resorts for a night or two until we find something else that we really like.

We just weren't impressed by Wilderness Lodge, especially since we could have gotten the nights at the poly for about the same price at the time due to the discount. Rooms felt smaller and dated. We had a long walk through the building with the double stroller which felt awkward. The pool looked great but was too chilly in May for my little one to really enjoy. Great experience as always as Whistling Canyon but we had a really bad experience with the quick service location by the newer outdoor lounge. Waited over 30 minutes but when the person sitting next to us who had gotten there several minutes after us got their food, my husband went up to ask if they had lost our order. They said no. My husband asked for them to look and he guy said no need, they don't lose orders. 30 minutes more go by, my husband goes to ask again, they had lost the order. Takes them 20 more minutes to get the food and my order is messed up. Probably a fluke but we won't stay there again. Thankfully we had 4 nights at he polynesian booked after. Every time we talk about doing a full trip elsewhere though, we get worried that we will have another experience like that. So we may just stick with trying out other resorts for a night or two until we find something else that we really like.

I see!! I had WL on my list but like you, worry about making that choice and being away from the monorail. We are doing a split stay this time, so that we can try something new but still have our old favorite to end up at (Poly). I worry about committing fully to another resort.

I see!! I had WL on my list but like you, worry about making that choice and being away from the monorail. We are doing a split stay this time, so that we can try something new but still have our old favorite to end up at (Poly). I worry about committing fully to another resort.

Yeah we feel the same. My husband said yesterday he never wants to end a trip not at the Polynesian lol. If we found something else we liked I wouldn't be opposed to it. There is something about watching the fireworks and electric water pageant with a dole whip though!

OP,
Stayed many times at PR and YC. As you decided, MK. PR is ideal for MK, especially when understanding MK is the #1 park for young children. PR is costly, but the location drives "value." We stayed PR when our kid were young. Epcot resorts later for pool and food. Icon views from PR. Disney deluxe resorts are nice, not top notch, but we found location, transportation options, park and dining plans to be key factors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter