Polynesian OR Wilderness Lodge

Big fan of Wilderness Lodge... Save the money as both resorts are excellent with pros and cons.

I want to stay at the Poly so bad! But we went to WL 2 times already and my husband simply REFUSES to spend more money because he loves WL and says it’s not worth $1500 more to be at the poly (which was the difference for our dates)

It is a really nice resort and we didn’t have to fold our stroller all the time on the boat. They have larger boats where you can keep the stroller open, which we have done.

ETA: I do actually really like WL. I just wanted to try a new resort. But it is pretty convenient, we love the pool, and my daughter loved the splash area. (We went when she was almost 2 and almost 3). Plus Geyser point is excellent.

Last edited:
The Poly is what I call original Disney. Like the Contemporary. Just something extra special about those places. The only time I went as a child was in 1977 when I was 7 years old. We staying the campgrounds in my uncle's camper, but I clearly remember walking thru those 2 resorts and how amazed I was. Some of the new stuff is nice, but for me, nothing beats the original Disney.

Yes! The boat is very relaxing once you get out on the water. We did use it going to MK but with five kids and a stroller it was a bit of a hassle getting on and off.
there's a boat from Poly to MK as an alternative to the Monorail? We have our first wdw trip planned for October 2020, staying at poly, so trying to learn all I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter